Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Pat Maroon, acquired from the Wild at the March 8 trade deadline, remained out of the lineup. It’s “the plan still,” said Montgomery that the veteran winger will make his Bruins debut next Saturday night in Pittsburgh …

Still no update on injured winger Justin Brazeau. The fact that general manager Don Sweeney hasn’t called a forward up from AHL Providence could be an indication that the club hopes Brazeau can rebound quickly from the arm injury he sustained in the first period Tuesday in Nashville.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pat Maroon, acquired from the Wild at the March 8 trade deadline, remained out of the lineup. It’s “the plan still,” said Montgomery that the veteran winger will make his Bruins debut next Saturday night in Pittsburgh …

Still no update on injured winger Justin Brazeau. The fact that general manager Don Sweeney hasn’t called a forward up from AHL Providence could be an indication that the club hopes Brazeau can rebound quickly from the arm injury he sustained in the first period Tuesday in Nashville.

Do they have an ability to call someone up to replace Brazeau?? They still have at least 12 healthy forwards, so they can't use emergency recall (at least I don't think so). they could send Lohrei down i guess, but they have to do that to activate Maroon.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
"coach Jim Montgomery acknowledged that the team is targeting Saturday’s road game against Pittsburgh as Pat Maroon’s first game in a black-and-gold sweater.

“It’s looking good. He’s making the right steps,” Montgomery said of Saturday standing as Maroon’s first chance to play. “As long as Friday’s practice and Saturday morning’s skate goes well, more than likely yes."

That would be ideal!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Has it been reported as to exactly what the surgery was? I mean there are various types and levels of back surgeries.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Pat Maroon (back surgery) practiced again and is still on track to make his Bruins debut Saturday night in Pittsburgh. “It’s looking good. He’s making the right steps,” said Montgomery. “As long as Friday’s practice and Saturday’s morning skate go well, then more than likely, yes.” . . . As for Justin Brazeau, the winger remains out after suffering what looked like a right arm injury in Nashville. “He’s week to week, and don’t ask me next week,” said Montgomery.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Week to week. Not expected back until playoffs at the soonest.
It must be a shoulder injury, perhaps separated not a break of some kind……..I’m no doctor of course, however……. I’ve seen every episode of MASH about 100 times and if Hawkeye and Trapper were here now they would agree with me I’m sure…..

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I know every team keeps things close to the vest, especially this time of year........but I do miss the days when they would say if something was broken or pulled. If Pasta had a bad shoulder would teams knowing or not know go after him any less? I don't think so. 'Upper body injury' always sounds like something that the TASS News Agency out of Russia would say 45 years ago vs telling the truth! LOL!!!

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Interesting that Forbort is skating “hard” in practice although in non-contact jersey. Participated in most drills yesterday. Monty says “hopefully he’s a possibility “ at some point in the playoffs. Would not mind that option at all as we usually shed D men to injury if they go to the later rounds.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Interesting that Forbort is skating “hard” in practice although in non-contact jersey. Participated in most drills yesterday. Monty says “hopefully he’s a possibility “ at some point in the playoffs. Would not mind that option at all as we usually shed D men to injury if they go to the later rounds.
Agreed though I'm more worried about attrition on the left where Gryz is small and Lindholm seems to have been playing through injury all season. I'm not sure if any of our RD can play on the left steadily.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad