Tribute Brent Seabrook Appreciation Thread

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
absolute warrior, crucial to the core that won 3 cups glad 7 has realized that is time to move on, he is wealthy and an absolute legend! enjoy your family and life after playing hockey!

7 to the rafters!

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That could have been bad. I'll take 2 - 1 at this point.

It just blows my mind that Hawks leave guys all alone in front of our goaltender and puck watch. Is this really a "system"????

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Horrible last couple of seasons but that shouldn't take away anything from what the guy achieved. A true Hawk from start to finish #7 in the rafters for sure.
Thanks Seabs I hope you enjoy your retirement and good luck for whatever comes next.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
#7 needs to go up to rafters for Seabs (No BS with a certain other ex-Hawk who once wore #7)

Just stop.

Seabrook was a great player for the Hawks on some great teams.

Chelios was a better player on the Hawks, his team just couldn't get over the hump.

Perhaps, the greatest USA Hockey player ever.

Just stop.

It will be a Pilote/Magnuson type retiring of the sweater. As it should be.

Then let's get 28 up there.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Just stop.

Seabrook was a great player for the Hawks on some great teams.

Chelios was a better player on the Hawks, his team just couldn't get over the hump.

Perhaps, the greatest USA Hockey player ever.

Just stop.

It will be a Pilote/Magnuson type retiring of the sweater. As it should be.

Then let's get 28 up there.
Chelios was the far better player, but Seabrook was the far bigger Blackhawk if that makes sense.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It does, but only because of team success.

Just as we shouldn't hold Seabrook's contract against his on ice accomplishments, we shouldn't hold Chelios' need to get away from Dollar Bill against him.
It’s not that cut and dry. And I’m from the same town as Chelios. My dad grew up playing baseball and going to scouts with him. He was my favorite player growing up.

The Wings Jersey in the anniversary photo... oof.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t care either way if they put Chelios up there with him. I don’t particularly like him because he went to the wings, but I was a teenager back then and didn’t pay much attention to the circumstances. He played most of his best hockey here in Chicago and had a HOF career so he probably deserves it. I don’t think it’s insulting to Seabs if they do.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I have yet to know anyone who has had an encounter with Chelios (or his parents) who didn’t think the whole family was assholes.

Wearing the Wing jersey in the photo is just the level of dick he is. It comes naturally to him.

Reactions: Nellie Fox

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Seabs was a great Blackhawk and probably my favorite Hawk during the Cups run. Retire his number and get him back in the organization in some role.

DHF Edit: Quoting a deleted post

Thanks DHF, I couldn’t let the deleted post sit in a tribute thread without commenting. Deleting the post is much better.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad