Tribute Blackhawks' trade trees...

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Thought this would be fun! Post some of your fav past Blackhawks trade trees...

I'll start with one of my favs...

Denis Savard to MTL for Chris Chelios and a 1991 2nd rounder(Mike Pomichter)
...Chelios to DET for Anders Eriksson, 1999 1st rounder(Steve McCarthy) and a 2001 1st rounder(Adam Munro)
...Pomichter played for the Ice and eventually went unsigned
......Eriksson to FLA for Jaroslav Spacek
......McCarthy to VAN for future considerations
......Munro was not signed so Hawks received a 2nd rounder in 2003(Michal Barinka) as compensation
.........Spacek and a 2nd rounder in 2003 to CBS for Lyle Odelein
..........Barinka, Josh Hennessy, Tom Preissing and a 2nd rounder in 2008 to OTT for Martin Havlat and Bryan Smokinski
............Odelein to DAL for Sami Helenius and a 7th rounder in 2008(Troy Brouwer)
............Havlat played a few seasons for the Hawks and eventually not resigned, Blackhawks went with Marian Hossa instead!
............Smolinski to VAN for a 2nd rounder in 2007(Akim Aliu)
...............Helenius played for The hawks but was eventually not resigned
...............Brouwer won a Cup in 2010 with the Hawks and was traded to WAS for a 1st rounder in 2011(Phillip Danault)
...............Aliu, Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Brent Sopel to ATL for Marty Reasoner, Joey Crabb, Jeremy Morin, 1st rounder in 2010(Kevin Hayes) and a 2nd rounder in 2010(Justin Holl)
..................Danault and a 2nd rounder in 2018 to MTL for Thomas Fleischmann and Dale Weise
..................Reasoner to FLA for Jeff Taffe
..................Crabb was never signed
..................Morin to CBS for Tim Erixon
..................Hayes was not signed so the Hawks received a 2nd rounder in 2015(Graham Knott) as compensation
..................Holl was never signed
.....................Fleischmann was never resigned
.....................Weise was never resigned
.....................Taffe was never resigned
.....................Erixon was waived
.....................Knott played for the Hogs and Fuel was traded to PIT for Joey Cramarossa
........................Cramarossa played for Hogs and was never resigned, END of STORY!

giza

Jul 19, 2011
That's what you call the Law of Diminishing Returns....nice job on the research!

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
My favourite is turning Panarin into Zodorov
I feel like dehaan (who's been pretty bad this season) was also tied to that. Kind of an oh well for me at this point. In 2021, I'd argue the blackhawks won that trade given CBJ having nothing left to show for trading for panarin. Maybe the rangers won, who knows.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A surpsingly Interesting ongoing one is Robert Lang.

He was a UFA signing but traded to Montreal for Torontos 2nd rounder they later needed back to try and offersheet Kessel, so the Hawks got the picks they drafted Saad and Paliotta.

Now of course that lead to Saad going away and back and away and pieces all added along the way.

DeHaan is apart of that because Anton Forsberg went to Carolina for him.

Reactions: Brightwing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad