Team 6:
Brendan Shanahan - Joe Sakic - Jaromir Jágr
Sergei Gonchar - Paul Coffey
Dominik Hasek

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
IMO team 5 and 6 are completly outgunned

team 2 has the best forward line-up and solid goaltender, but they are thin on defense, when compared to the others

I think I'll go with team 3: worst center of them all (lol) but arguably some of the best wingers, they have two of the three best dmen ever IMO and Plante is a top 5 goaltender ever

Reactions: BigTruzz

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Team 2. No defence or goalie can stop a prime Lemieux. Add in the greatest goal scorer who hits like a freight train and lafleur’s dynamic offence with makar would just be unstoppable.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah I don't really get teams 5 and 6...they don't stack up whatsoever.

Team 4 is stronger than team 5 at every single position. Maybe you prefer Crosby to McDavid, but it's kind of a wash. Same for goalies - rest is easy edge team 4.

Team 4 is also stronger than team 6 at every single position - minus Hasek. But it's not exactly much of a downgrade going to Sawchuk...Maybe Jagr/Beliveau are close too, but mostly a wash. Rest is easy edge team 4.

I singled out team 4 because they're strong at every position - but I'm actually leaning team 2. It's close between the 2.

I'd probably rank in order:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I do not think that Terry Sawchuk would be able to stop an Ilya Kovalchuk shot.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Kovalchuk, Weber, Makar, Gonchar and Coffey seem out of place with these names, especially Gonchar-Coffey as a pairing, which is (comparatively) horrific defensively.

Voted for Team 3 just ahead of Team 4.

Richard-Messier-Howe-Bourque-Harvey is like Burger King: they'll out-skill you or punch you in the mouth, however you want it, have it your way. Jean Beliveau isn't a winger, but Team 4 is absolutely stacked too. In any normal team, Orr and Robinson could run your offense from the blue line.

Team 2. No defence or goalie can stop a prime Lemieux. Add in the greatest goal scorer who hits like a freight train and lafleur’s dynamic offence with makar would just be unstoppable.
Most of these teams are just about as skilled, but can actually defend too. Ovechkin-Lafleur-Makar would pair better with a dominant two-way center like Trottier or Clarke, not Lemieux. There're only one puck on the ice at a time.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Team 4 has four players I consider to be top 10 all-time and then Robinson/Sawchuk ain't too shabby either. Robinson is actually probably a perfect D partner for Orr.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
think when you involve goalies from 1000 years ago it messes up the whole poll. goalie has changed the most in the last 60 years. Hasek and Roy are in their own class amongst this group.

another question is what era and rules are all these players playing in? If the older Dmen are allowed to suplex all these newer forwards and dmen it changes things. Makar would literally be folded in half back in the day

Last edited:

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
think when you involve goalies from 1000 years ago it messes up the whole poll. goalie has changed the most in the last 60 years. Hasek and Roy are in their own class amongst this group.

another question is what era and rules are all these players playing in? If the older Dmen are allowed to suplex all these newer forwards and dmen it changes things. Makar would literally be folded in half back in the day

Let's say 2024 and the goalies have access to today's equipment

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Team 4 has the best D pair by a fair margin but team 2 has too much of a matchup advantage at forward and no slouch in goal

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Keep your head up playing team 3. The double elbow smash finisher by Howe and Messier will do some damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad