Injury Report: Beauchemin: Torn ACL (surgery to come)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Lol just admit that you don't like him, first you claim he did nothing.. Then you're reminded that he did in fact do something.. We'll then that wasn't good enough for you.

Point is he assembled a team that finished as the second seed, way head of schedule.

OK I admit I have been underwhelmed by the job he has done to this point. You happy? What has this team accomplished under Murray to this point? Pretty much nothing. We have a good prospect pool. That's pretty much all he's done. We'll see how he does and if he ever can make us a legit cup contender. I have my doubts

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Unbelievable guts by Beauch, what a personality.

But, looking at the whole picture - what the hell is happening with our defense and injuries. Last time we were in playoffs, our top pair of Lydman and Lubo were injured. Well, they were playing more minutes IIRC and wasn`t as tough as Beauch.

I`m pretty sure we could play completely different series with healthy Beauch, but why the hell these injuries happens to our defense? For once, we looked pretty tough back there. Was this just a bad luck? I guess so.

PS
Get well Beauch!

When you assemble a defense full of injury prone guys and shot blockers I guess you can expect a few injuries. And the past couple of years we've had plenty of injury prone guys on the blueline.

Lydman, Souray, Visnovsky have all struggled with injuries throughout their careers. Allen early on did as well. Beauch has had some injury issues in the past also but he's played through them the past two seasons.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
OK I admit I have been underwhelmed by the job he has done to this point. You happy? What has this team accomplished under Murray to this point? Pretty much nothing. We have a good prospect pool. That's pretty much all he's done. We'll see how he does and if he ever can make us a legit cup contender. I have my doubts

Aside from the veteran signings and trades, don't forget the org does have Vatanen and Lindholm with a year's worth at the AHL level.

Beauch playing hurt deserves a lot of credit. Silver lining here is that there was only one defensive spot available for next season. Between Lovejoy, Vatanen, and Lindholm (due to the Beauch's long recovery), there will be two spots open.

And this blame on Murray for doing nothing is quite suspect. Considering we got ousted by a team with lesser talent in the first round, do you think maybe it's the coaches Murray's had or picked? How do we get a Babcock in our organization???? Simple, you don't let him go.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
And this blame on Murray for doing nothing is quite suspect. Considering we got ousted by a team with lesser talent in the first round, do you think maybe it's the coaches Murray's had or picked? How do we get a Babcock in our organization???? Simple, you don't let him go.

Blaming a 7 game series loss on the coach seems a bit silly. Unless there was one or more obvious boneheaded moves that everyone knew at the time, it seems to me that's just an excuse to not blame the players. Those guys should be embarrassed for playing so poorly (other than the walking wounded) when it mattered most.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Blaming a 7 game series loss on the coach seems a bit silly. Unless there was one or more obvious boneheaded moves that everyone knew at the time, it seems to me that's just an excuse to not blame the players. Those guys should be embarrassed for playing so poorly (other than the walking wounded) when it mattered most.

The team was unprepared this series. They didn't have a work-man's mentality and it showed. They got beat to start every period and even when they came roaring back they got beat within two minutes of overtime starting. To me, that falls on the coach. When I heard that the team was "loose and relaxed" I knew we would lose game 7. I even told a friend of mine. These Ducks can't afford that and this series showed us why.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Beauch tore his ACL in 08-09. Did it in mid November and was back playing by early April. So that time it took him 4.5 - 5 months, far from the 10 months some think it will take. That being said I would expect it to take a while after he first plays before he's truly recovered.

It show what a warrior he is playing through that.
My general impression is that they come back to play in like 5-6 months, but that it'll be 10-12 months before they play like they did before the injury.

It might mean that we might need some stopgap help for the blueline. Basically to just anticipate that Beauch won't be as good for about 10 months and to plan the team accordingly.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
From what I've heard, with medical advancements in the past few years, it has become easier to repair an ACL, and recovery time is reduced. Especially with the lower end of the spectrum of ACL tears.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The team was unprepared this series. They didn't have a work-man's mentality and it showed. They got beat to start every period and even when they came roaring back they got beat within two minutes of overtime starting. To me, that falls on the coach. When I heard that the team was "loose and relaxed" I knew we would lose game 7. I even told a friend of mine. These Ducks can't afford that and this series showed us why.

Game 6 and game 7 you have a chance to close out an opponent in the Stanley Cup playoffs. The coach has to tell you to take this game seriously? You can't get up for the game unless the coach implores you to do so? Really?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My general impression is that they come back to play in like 5-6 months, but that it'll be 10-12 months before they play like they did before the injury.

It might mean that we might need some stopgap help for the blueline. Basically to just anticipate that Beauch won't be as good for about 10 months and to plan the team accordingly.

Considering how much trouble we had on the blueline this year it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Whether or not we trade for an established D I could see Hampus getting his opportunity as part of a stopgap plan. Not that he would play top line minutes but that he would be given some bottom pairing ice time as others (shudder) move up.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I agree, I can't fault BB for the players not being ready for a G7. That's on them. Although, I do have an issue with him not giving Etem and Palmieri more ice time in the series, as they were two of our best FWD's.
Also, wasn't a fan of matching Souray/Beauchemin against Datsyuk/Zetterberg, especially now, knowing Beauch was so badly injured.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
As far as being flat in Game 7 goes, I think that's on the players. You shouldn't need any help getting up for a Game 7. They just didn't show up to the most important game of the season.

However, I don't think there should have been a Game 7 to begin with, and at least some of that is on Boudreau. I just don't get some of the decisions he made, and I don't understand why he was so eager to tinker and change things up that were working.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Now I feel like a ***** for taking the elevator because my ankle hurts a bit from my workout yesterday.

And the players have played flat with 2 different coaches behind them.... The only difference is under Boudreau we made several comebacks, not so much with Carlyle. Now should some blame be placed on the coach for not motivating them, sure but most the blame should be on the players.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
As far as being flat in Game 7 goes, I think that's on the players. You shouldn't need any help getting up for a Game 7. They just didn't show up to the most important game of the season.

However, I don't think there should have been a Game 7 to begin with, and at least some of that is on Boudreau. I just don't get some of the decisions he made, and I don't understand why he was so eager to tinker and change things up that were working.

Well, let's remember they had 2 shots at the brass ring. Twice they failed to show up. As for BB's coaching style, yeah we all hated how he changed the lines all season long. But he didn't do anything new in the playoffs that should have thrown the players off their game. They put up the third best record all year playing under those conditions so I still come back to the players getting the big fail, not Bruce.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Wow BB is getting a ton of slack here.. Matching up zetterberg against a slow injured pairing of zetterberg Datsyuk and not motivating the players isn't BB's fault? If it was RC he would've been absolutely crucified here. Since when is it not the coaches job to make sure the players are focused and motivated. I'm not saying it's all his fault but he certainly needs to hold part of the blame. Also I'm worried with our early exit that it further proves the stigma of BB being a great regular season coach and not a good PO coach.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, I'm a little surprised how much slack he's being given. I don't place all the blame on him, but I agree that if this were Carlyle he'd have been nailed to the cross. Boudreau made some decisions that, I feel, hurt Anaheim's ability to win the series.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Wow BB is getting a ton of slack here.. Matching up zetterberg against a slow injured pairing of zetterberg Datsyuk and not motivating the players isn't BB's fault? If it was RC he would've been absolutely crucified here. Since when is it not the coaches job to make sure the players are focused and motivated. I'm not saying it's all his fault but he certainly needs to hold part of the blame. Also I'm worried with our early exit that it further proves the stigma of BB being a great regular season coach and not a good PO coach.

When BB is here as long as RC was then I have no problem giving him more blame. This is the first full season he has had the team. Making the playoffs with a new coach and the players aren't fired up enough to run through a wall without expecting the coach to motivate them?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
BB got out-coached it's as simple as that. Starting to wonder if we can even win in the playoffs with him as our coach. I now see why Caps fans were so bitter about him

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The Red Wings started throwing everything on net in game 6 and the Ducks weren't able to adjust. What I really didn't like were the long home run passes that kept getting picked off, yet were continually being tried. And in game 7, a lot of times we had a forward skating into the zone with 3 to 4 Red Wings surrounding him. It just seemed like we had some systematic breakdowns at the worst times.

I'm not convinced in BB at all. We'll see how next year goes I guess.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If the same mistakes keep happening with the same system and same players then I'll concede BB is at fault. Doesn anybody really think DET threw something at the Ducks that they were totally unprepared for? That the Ducks never saw from DET or other teams during the season? And how did that relate to them doing so much standing around instead of moving their feet? Too early to put this on the new coach. Not too early to put it on the same players who have performed similarly in past seasons.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If the same mistakes keep happening with the same system and same players then I'll concede BB is at fault. Doesn anybody really think DET threw something at the Ducks that they were totally unprepared for? That the Ducks never saw from DET or other teams during the season? And how did that relate to them doing so much standing around instead of moving their feet? Too early to put this on the new coach. Not too early to put it on the same players who have performed similarly in past seasons.

No, I think Babcock made some adjustments and Boudreau kind of flailed around. That's what I think.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We played with our #1 defenseman injured with an injury that few could live with while keep playing at the profesional level, let alone, the highest level there is.

Our top offensive player had injured knee.

Caps are out in first round without Bruce

This was our 3d first round exit in a row, and the first under Boudreau.

All this, and as much as i saw (~80% of this series), i don`t think it`s so much Bruce`s fault. Babcock probably is the better coach, but i really don`t think the gap between them is so big.

We were bottom feeder last year and besides few bad years by our key players, we still weren`t very good team. This year Murray made some adjustments that were needed. Some new players didn`t played at the level we expected, but at least finally Bob made some moves, instead of doing nothing. You can`t build a champion team in one season. The injuries of our key players and inability to step up at key moments from other key player (Perry) was the key, imo.

I would like to see Bruce in few other playoffs as a Duck, before i write him off.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This was our 3d first round exit in a row, and the first under Boudreau.

2nd first round exit in a row.

The regular season may have been a success but at the end of the day we were a 2 seed playing a 7 seed and we lost. That's not good enough no matter what the circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad