GDT: Avalanche at Stars (Game 5): Do We Really Have To?

Who plays their final game for the Avalanche tonight?

• Andrew Cogliano

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Ross Colton

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Jonathan Drouin

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Brandon Duhaime

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Joel Kiviranta

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Nikolai Kovalenko

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

• Casey Mittelstadt

• player not found

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Zach Parise

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Yakov Trenin

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • Miles Wood

• Samuel Girard

• Jack Johnson

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Caleb Jones

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Josh Manson

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Sean Walker

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Alexandar Georgiev

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I think 29 and 8 have too much pride to lose every home game in a series.

I really don't see us getting blasted at home.

Chet you're usually very level headed with your takes/predictions. Why are you reaching into your bag of blind homerism with this take? You know we're getting smoked next game. I know you know.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Game was similar to games 1-3, biggest difference was Oettinger played poorly and Georgiev didn’t let in any soft goals. I actually liked games 1 & 3 Avs more but Colorado seemed to get the bounces tonight which they really haven’t been thus far into the series (not counting game 4 which was a mess).

I still think special teams are a problem, Stars look they are going to score on almost every power play they get, Avs penalty kill has no confidence right now

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Dallas isn't really huge, though. They just play INSANELY defensive then turn on the counter attack. They hardly throw hits anymore. If not for Benn they'd have less than 10 hits a night in all likelihood.

It's the Avs who have to continue playing big, physical hockey. Chances were created tonight because Stars defensemen felt the pressure and wanted nothing to do with it - Tanev especially. Even Heiskanen when he goes back is looking over his shoulder constantly and if there's anyone, he's rimming the puck. More often than not the Avs are stealing it or stopping Dallas wingers on the boards.

It has to continue. The Avs have to forecheck like hounds and punish, punish, punish.
Yeah, I don't mean like they are playing a hard hitting game, but they are definitely overall bigger than the avs, and the play a stronger puck possession style. They are great at winning physical battles that require out muscling opponents. They keep guys glued on every free avs so as soon as the avs have the puck, there is no space, and simply a muscle battle for possession.

So, you are definitely right, the avs HAVE To play a harder hitting game to create that space get the Stars peeking from the puck to avoid hits. They stopped doing that after game 1 and tried more cute breakout shit that just got smothered.

I think we agree, the avs have to go super intense hitting and battling hard for every stalled puck, punishing the stars for trying to slog things up. That seems to be the thing that gives them chances.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
So he's found way to skirt the concussion protocol?

Or is he a bear of little brain to start with? LOL
Concussion symptoms peaking a couple days later isn’t that unusual.

Had a very bad one in an accident where I still have cognitive problems, noise sensitivity and struggle with bright lights 8 years later that the symptoms gradually got worse and peaked around 48 hours. They missed it at the hospital that night because I had so much adrenaline I seemed fine enough to not set off alarm bells (though that I was missing 30 seconds of time and probably knocked out during it should’ve been a clue)

Had a second one a couple year ago when a car door slammed into my head. Was pretty much fine that night. Was a little off the next day. By day 3 I was so dizzy for another week that I couldn’t walk to the bathroom from the kitchen without almost falling.

Avs doctors being clowns would not at all surprise me but symptoms becoming a problem a couple days later wouldn’t either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad