GDT: Avalanche at Stars (Game 5): Do We Really Have To?

Who plays their final game for the Avalanche tonight?

• Andrew Cogliano

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Ross Colton

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Jonathan Drouin

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Brandon Duhaime

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Joel Kiviranta

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Nikolai Kovalenko

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

• Casey Mittelstadt

• player not found

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Zach Parise

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Yakov Trenin

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • Miles Wood

• Samuel Girard

• Jack Johnson

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Caleb Jones

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Josh Manson

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Sean Walker

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Alexandar Georgiev

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Dallas isn't really huge, though. They just play INSANELY defensive then turn on the counter attack. They hardly throw hits anymore. If not for Benn they'd have less than 10 hits a night in all likelihood.

It's the Avs who have to continue playing big, physical hockey. Chances were created tonight because Stars defensemen felt the pressure and wanted nothing to do with it - Tanev especially. Even Heiskanen when he goes back is looking over his shoulder constantly and if there's anyone, he's rimming the puck. More often than not the Avs are stealing it or stopping Dallas wingers on the boards.

It has to continue. The Avs have to forecheck like hounds and punish, punish, punish.

Absolutely! Tonight even Rantanen played the body. He finally got the memo.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oh I'd say the Avs were the better team tonight. Dallas started to push once they made it 4-3 but otherwise the Avalanche were better. Not dominatingly so, but a deserved win.
Nothing like the Bruins and Canes when they had their backs against the wall. That's why I'm not sure the Avs have another gear.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
MacKinnon only knows how to play the game one way; run-and-gun. When that ain't working for him, he pouts and checks out physically & mentally.
Maybe...... but I've also noticed he's doubled teamed almost every shift.

His goal came when no one was checking him and even then, I don't think he was at the full speed we have seen from him.

It's clear he's not suffering from a UBI though. lol

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Just push this to 7. I don’t expect this team to actually finally win a game 7 against a guy who is 8-0 (but could easily be anywhere from 3-5 to 7-1 with slightly different luck and really shouldn’t have won that one with the Sharks on the phantom major penalty) but at least they will have fought hard. Almost as importantly the list of teams that have ever gone 7 in their first 2 series then won the conference finals is: LA 2014 and Rangers 2014. It’s basically a death sentence

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
And we didn't even get to play that long with the lead lol. Got it so late it was almost right to turtle mode.
Georgiev stood on his head. Finally!

There were at least 4 Dallas shots that I thought they would score on. Esp. the one from Johnston on the PP from the left side (facing the net).

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Maybe...... but I've also noticed he's doubled teamed almost every shift.

His goal came when no one was checking him and even then, I don't think he was at the full speed we have seen from him.

It's clear he's not suffering from a UBI though. lol
Double teamed? That's a minimum. Try a 4 man box. I actually witnessed this 5 different occasions tonight.

Dallas is literally saying no way in f***ing hell are we going to let 29 be the reason we lose.

It's not shocking that when we finally got a lead and Dallas had to push offense that 29 got an open look and scored.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Very interesting MacK post gm presser. Saw similar affect from jokic when they were down 0-2.

I have an observation on this. Which I was correct on with jokic.
Tell us who are not familiar with your insights....
Double teamed? That's a minimum. Try a 4 man box. I actually witnessed this 5 different occasions tonight.

Dallas is literally saying no way in f***ing hell are we going to let 29 be the reason we lose.

It's not shocking that when we finally got a lead and Dallas had to push offense that 29 got an open look and scored.
great post!

Reactions: drhiii and chet1926

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad