ATD Chat Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Hey, aren't we at the point of getting a new thread for this?

rau0-P.gif

Reactions: The Macho King

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Okay, I'm blaming @Dreakmur for my latest mental wandering for mentioning Critical Role. I just found myself out of nowhere wondering what class various hockey players would be if they were RPG characters.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Something of a side bar draft idea I've had on the backburner for a long time, is a record label (music) ATD.

Very causal, but basically you represent a record label and you have to pick x amount of artists/bands/etc from any point in history. So you would have to draft a rock band/solo artist, country, blues, jazz, metal, pop, classical, so on and so forth. Maybe allow for 3 open slots where you can double dip into any of the genres that have to be drafted at least once.

I think it'd be a cool way to learn about people's tastes but also some artists we've never discovered or really paid any attention to, for whatever reason.

Something to do over the summer or off season possibly.

Reactions: RustyRazor

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Something of a side bar draft idea I've had on the backburner for a long time, is a record label (music) ATD.

Very causal, but basically you represent a record label and you have to pick x amount of artists/bands/etc from any point in history. So you would have to draft a rock band/solo artist, country, blues, jazz, metal, pop, classical, so on and so forth. Maybe allow for 3 open slots where you can double dip into any of the genres that have to be drafted at least once.

I think it'd be a cool way to learn about people's tastes but also some artists we've never discovered or really paid any attention to, for whatever reason.

We did that like 10 years ago, was good fun. It was kind of a build-a-band and we added in songwriting. I think I ended up with Ginger Baker, John Entwistle, Jimmy Page, and Tom Petty.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
We did that like 10 years ago, was good fun. It was kind of a build-a-band and we added in songwriting. I think I ended up with Ginger Baker, John Entwistle, Jimmy Page, and Tom Petty.

That would also be really neat as well. Maybe a way to incorporate them both into one draft. Just something to possibly do when the lull of the long summer rolls around and there is no hockey going on.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

If anyone tries to scoop Iron Maiden we're going to have problems.

Reactions: ImporterExporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad