Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
again been so mediocre these playoffs. yes, he’s gotten some points this year at least, but he hasn’t been close to the game changer we expect him to be. we really need him to step up.
were playing playoff teams who are 100% focused on shutting him down since its a playoff game. its a lot harder to dominate. hes over a ppg so far....

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Honestly, this was not Panarin's best game despite the 3 assists. Roslovic had, in my opinion, a better game despite not getting any points.

That said, he still had an impact and I don't care that his assists were secondary. The assist on the 2nd Laf goal is a perfect example of why secondary assists matter. That goal doesn't happen without Panarin.

The weird thing is that Panarin played really well in his first 5 games despite not being a P/GP player. He was impactful with the way he played.

The 3-point game being his worst of the post-season may seems odd on the surface but this a good case to explain to people why you can't judge performance based on the box scores.

I am sure he will be better in game 3. Hopefully with some points to extend his production and get the best of both.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
Panarin has been on fire. Playoffs are allot different than the wide open regular season style of play. He's been a driver on offense and 4 game winners in 7 games.

They've tried to take him away but he's tougher than he looks. Ask Oshie.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
This is a different Bread. The very same immensley talented tasty bread as always but this Bread doesn't go crumby when you turn up the heat on the toaster. This Bread even gives a nice little crunch/bite at times (ie. Oshie, ie. he's dished out more hard hits these playoffs then I've seen since he's been a Ranger). This bread doesn't mind getting in the middle of a jam. As tasty as the old bread could be even on it's own it could go stale at times . Not this Bread . If the puck isn't bouncing right for him he keeps doing the little things to contribute to the plate. You see , not only has this Bread gone well with the French(Canadian) and Italian cuisine it's been plated with all year, the spices and seasoning of the Italian dish have spilled over onto this Bread. Flavoured with oregano, basil ,cilantro, , sage etc. this Italian influenced Bread is going to pair very well with Prosecco drank from the Stanley Cup.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Would be nice if he showed up this series. I'd settle for looking engaged and making stuff happen.

Where's the jump? The cockiness? The ability to make a tape to tape pass?

Is he just not built for the playoffs?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Would be nice if he showed up this series. I'd settle for looking engaged and making stuff happen.

I think he's very engaged, honestly. Much more than last year. His game just doesn't translate well to tight-checking, highly physical affairs.

If we find a way to get to the SCF, I suspect he'll be able to have more impact against either of those possible opponents.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I was ripping him badly yesterday but while he hasn’t been great, he’s also been getting shadowed and mugged beyond believe. There was one sequence in the third period where Ekblad physically assaulted him that really sticks out to me.

This is obviously a terrible matchup for him. We need to hope that we manage to win this series and he stays healthy. I think he will fare much better against either of the west teams.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was ripping him badly yesterday but while he hasn’t been great, he’s also been getting shadowed and mugged beyond believe. There was one sequence in the third period where Ekblad physically assaulted him that really sticks out to me.

This is obviously a terrible matchup for him. We need to hope that we manage to win this series and he stays healthy. I think he will fare much better against either of the west teams.

Panarin getting double-teamed by Florida opens up space for Lafrenière and Trocheck. Sure, I wish Panarin had a bigger impact but there's only so much he can do.

Tarasenko, Tkachuk and Reinhart have been neutralized at 5v5 for most of the series so it goes both ways. It's not like all of their top players have monster games night in, night out, and ours are invisible.

At this stage of the play-offs, depth scoring matters BECAUSE top players are getting double-teamed, and are not being given the space to make their plays.

Barkov is the only top player (on either team) that has consistently been a threat in this series.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Panarin is clearly being targeted by FLA, but history is riddled with incredibly talented smaller playmakers who just can’t seem to get their game to carry over into the postseason (EP and Marner having the same issue).

The biggest difference between the regular season and POs, besides the quality of the opponent, is the preparation. Coaches can put all their resources into focusing on a single opponent and a small group of players. That means the more open East West playmaking that eats less skilled and prepared teams alive in the reg season, will more easily be shut down in the POs.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
he's had a Florida player glued to him all series yet he's still driving play, his line has scored 3 even strength goals in 3 games. he's been fine. we need him to start shooting more on the PP though.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad