OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Nice to see that lazy sack of shit Ovechkin couldn’t even muster a single point in the sweep. Disgraceful that he’s basically being handed Gretzky’s record by virtue of being a marketing gimmick. He wouldn’t get past the first cut in any NHL training camp if he was a nobody.
In Ovie's defence it's the playoffs and none of it counts toward his record. He's not going to come close to Gretzky's record of total goals in the NHL,regular season and playoffs combined.

The real games start for him again in October. Playoffs...meh...that's for two way hockey players without great one timers!

Reactions: canadianguy77

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
images

Reactions: BHD

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Caps shouldn't have been in the playoffs. They were a very bad team who stumbled in through dumb luck. I don't think the Pens would have done much better, though. Of all the teams in the wild card race at the end of the season, I think Detroit is the closest to being a contender.

Sid would've at least done something. Ovi's biggest contribution was a mistake that iced Game 2.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
DeSmith being injured for a third time in four years right when his team could use him the most must be some kind of record.

I felt bad for the Preds at first then I remembered that No Neck Barry is their GM. Plus, their third goal was dodgy and Lauzon pushing Petterson when going to celebrate the first goal was a total bitch move.

Might be the least competitive first round in decades, only the Stars and Knights might end up tied after 4, in all other series it will take a miracle to get to to seven games.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Caps shouldn't have been in the playoffs. They were a very bad team who stumbled in through dumb luck. I don't think the Pens would have done much better, though. Of all the teams in the wild card race at the end of the season, I think Detroit is the closest to being a contender.
Detroit could score with anyone but they were an absolute disaster in their own end. I don't think there's any doubt that the Pens had the most upside of any of the Caps/Isles/Wings/Pens/Flyers mess at the end, which is why missing the playoffs is such an indictment on this coaching staff.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Ovechkin looked like what some dolts in our fanbase think Malkin looks like all the time. Had the Pens made the playoffs, Malkin even wouldn’t have gone pointless in four games.
They ran Ovi pretty hard just to make the playoffs, and given the rest of the Cap's offensive ineptitude, coupled with a strong Rag's PK, it wasn't surprising to see #8 marginalized. I wonder though, is he still a "lock" to break Wayne's all time G (reg season) record? He has one year left on his deal, the Caps are clearly rebuilding, he is 42 Gs from the record and is coming off a 31 G season. Not looking like quite the done deal it did 3 months ago...

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that there's only one reason he's still on the ice. And that's staying stationary in the LW circle and hammering one timers from here until 893.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Why exactly?

Byram has been pretty mid since the cup year and then you factor in he's probably one or two head shots away from his career being over.
That's kind of why I was surprised. Ignoring Byram's lottery pick pedigree I know his health had become an issue and there were risks there. I thought the Avs might hold on to him as defensive depth I certainly didnt think they would be able to swing him in a trade for Mittelstadt, who Buffalo had been patient with and who finally seemed to explode in production last year. I thought if they traded Byram it would kind of be a young reclamation project type forward, which Mittelstadt seemed to be a couple of years ago, but not so much now.

Its a very small sample size, but it kind of seems like both players thrived after the trade. Hopefully that continues on and Byram can remain healthy. Buffalo seem so bereft of luck I feel bad for them at this point.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, Ovechkin will keep playing until he breaks the record and the Caps will happily oblige, even if it means paying like $10 million AAV for a dude scoring 20g and 30pts. :laugh:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Boggles my mind how so much of the Leafs board is dumb enough to think Treliving did a good job. Reaves (horrible.. bad at everything), Domi (fine in a vacuum, but bad defensively), Bertuzzi (good player, still also bad defensively), Lybushkin (didn't need him, not great defensively), Edmundson (didn't need him, not great defensively) and Dewar (fine depth fwd, didn't need him). The very best one by a lot is Bertuzzi and he kind of fell into that signing with Bertuzzi fumbling the bag.

Yea Toronto got slightly more gritty. They got dumb gritty - they didn't get Tampa or Florida gritty.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Vasi thinking about when and where tee time will be.

Hedman brings them back within one.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I mean, good on him if he pulls it off, he's had an extroidinary career, it's a heck of an accomplishment.
It’s not that extraordinary when you factor in how many shots he’s taken. Gretzky setting the record was at least organic and authentic. And he had the integrity to hang up his skates when he felt like he was no longer helping his team win. What OV and the Caps are doing right now cheapens the game. He’s not playing hockey out there.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's definitely extraordinary to score roughly 900 goals in the NHL.

Ovechkin's a one trick pony, but he's been stunningly good at that one trick throughout his career.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad