OT: Around the NHL: Avs title defense starts now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I only disliked them during the Lou era. Otherwise I was always indifferent about them. They're a good story right now and a change in the power ranks is good for the NHL. The NBA is boring as shit for a multitude of reasons but one major reason is that there is zero parity and tampering is apparently fully acceptable.

Even Seattle doing well even with a moron for a coach, is nice to see as that market is one I know would do well with a team, living there for a few years, glad to see the team making it worth the fans while to show up. I was going to Fly to Vegas for the Pens vs VGK game but honestly the passion for the Pens is a little dead right now and I flat out despise the VGK as an organization. Otherwise that would have been a fun trip.

Teams I have no care for and enjoy seeing lose - Flyers, Leafs, Oilers, Jackets, Capitals, Tampa, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, St Louis, Nashville, and a few more teams.
Far more impressive than anything McWanker has accomplished in Edmonton imo.

Cale defends like a beast and breaks ankles in all 3 zones while being literally the best in his position and is no slouch positionally in his own end. Meanwhile McWanker heavily relies on RNH & Draisaitl to do the D work.

We get along just for your insistence to call him McWanker.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
I think the Pens' win record could be in jeopardy. Here's the Devils' upcoming schedule:

Screenshot_20221122_080845.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah that’s crazy.

Orr didn’t hit 200 games until his age 21 season. I think it’s the same with Coffey. And it’s right about that time that they both went absolutely bonkers on the league. Orr only did it for 6 straight seasons and Coffey for like 15 or some shit. Very cool record for Makar but I think he’s going to find it almost impossible to keep pace.
I think Cale is barely scratching the surface with his skills. It's weird to me that blokes will say McDavid can reach this or that for his career and we have blokes like Sid, Ovy, and Geno hitting consistent numbers in their careers.

Cale Makar imo, is a generational talent on Defense. I think he's far greater than Erik Karlsson ever was at any point in his career because Cale doesn't need a heavy lifting babysitter like Methot was for him. Cale is just so f***ing good at his position that no one even comes close. There are some that are great offensively but borderline average defensively, then the other way around, etc.

I think Makar is the closest to the legend that is Lidstrom in terms of being equally good at both ends.

We get along just for your insistence to call him McWanker.
I don't dislike you as much as you think.

I am mostly indifferent about most here, the ones I dislike or rather, can't stand are on ignore. A certain bloke with an X or some wanker about some bloke's hair, or something to that extent...as it were.

But yes, McWanker is so overrated. I loved Ducky, but McWanker is basically this generation's Hawerchuk. He's just here to produce points, nothing more, nothing less. I don't think McWanker is generational anything. He isn't the fastest skater in the league, I think if they held a competition team wide with the same paramaters, a lot would be shocked. He's great a producing points, that's about it. I have seen him a ton here in the West and honestly, I don't ever come away with any sort of awestruck feeling watching him.

McWanker is also a giant bloody baby. Edler gave him a hard hit and he got him and his team's diapers loaded. Sid went through more abuse than McWanker ever has in his career, in his f***ing rookie year alone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I imagine the Wild sure would love Fiala's services right about now. :laugh:
I think they'll be fine once Fleury is healthy again. I think moving Fiala so they can push Boldy was still a good move, personally. They've got some injury issues and are kind of a bubble team until at least Fleury gets back and bounces back. I still like Gusto, wish we had him as the back up instead of a douche like Cdshit. He's actually been good, he had 1 bad game and his numbers are off because of that but in 5 out of 6 he's been good enough to keep them in it.

Not sure what is going on there but Goose not having a good start, Dumba being off, and losing Hartman are huge hits.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think they "moved on from" Fiala because they were forced to, because Guerin's a f***ing moron and that team's got $12-14 million in dead cap for several years, not to make a spot for Boldy to fill a bigger role. :laugh:

But hey, now they have ~big personality~ Ryan Reaves. I'm sure that'll sort everything out for the 29th rated offense in the league.

I would've had no issue with going after Reaves if it took a mid-to-late round pick instead of throwing a 1st and Sundqvist away for the privilege of having the dude wear a mask and scare Phil Kessel in the hotel.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Sabres kinda suck, but they're fun to watch. :laugh: Tage is some kinda gem.
I don't get how the Sabres of all teams that have been searching for a #1 goalie since Ryan Miller departed like 9-10 seasons ago, didn't make any moves to go after Vanacek, Samsonov, Kuemper, etc.

Like they're banking on a 41yr old Craig Anderson and Eric Comrie.

I would have at least made some moves there. I think they need to add a couple of depth forwards and a proper goalie add that isn't some journeyman goalie on his 4th+ team. They are a promising team but holy shit, figure that out already. It's embarrassing to see them waste the talent. If the Ducks are gonna move Gibson, that's the move.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How did the NHL f*** up those goals so badly in NJ. Is goalie interference now just standing near the f***ing goalie?

What a joke

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
How did the NHL f*** up those goals so badly in NJ. Is goalie interference now just standing near the f***ing goalie?

What a joke
They only showed two controversial goals on highlights.

The first one did hit murrays skate with a sneaky oopsie play. Did it really matter? Maybe not. But you know it was on purpose.

The second was a pretty clear kicking motion.

Murray was actually doing well.. Got a ton of pipe help

Leafs goals were results of hard work

What am I missing?

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They only showed two controversial goals on highlights.

The first one did hit murrays skate with a sneaky oopsie play. Did it really matter? Maybe not. But you know it was on purpose.

The second was a pretty clear kicking motion.

Murray was actually doing well.. Got a ton of pipe help

Leafs goals were results of hard work

What am I missing?
Third goal he was out of his crease and the rule dictates that's a goal. First one was weak as hell and the side it went in had no bearing on where the player was that barely made contact. Even the skate motion, players can't kick a puck in with a distinct kicking motion except in this case he kicked it and it went off a skate and in, that was also weak as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad