Around the NHL - 2023/24 Season

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
So the guy is too toxic for the nhl so a team with developing kids (maturity wise) is the right location for him? This is ridiculous. The hurricanes should be ashamed.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So the guy is too toxic for the nhl so a team with developing kids (maturity wise) is the right location for him? This is ridiculous. The hurricanes should be ashamed.
He went through some kind of re-education program with a diversity alliance so they factored that in

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
From what I've heard he has yet to apologize in person to Akim Alieu. That's disturbing.
Is Peters just going through the motions in order to get back into coaching? Box A ... check. Box B... check...
Has he really changed and regrets what he did?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Seems weird in that if say a cop or a teacher was fired for something similar they don’t often get to be a cop or teacher again. But in hockey there’s an expectation you get more chances.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seems weird in that if say a cop or a teacher was fired for something similar they don’t often get to be a cop or teacher again. But in hockey there’s an expectation you get more chances.
This seems a lot like a public sector vs. private sector thing. It's not like bad PR hits owners in the wallet. A bad product does so ten times worse

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Michael Richards? (Kramer)

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
i think the most intriguing non Flame but related to the Flames thing going on is how Treliving handles the cap issue he has put the Leafs into. Does he sell off a 1st to get rid of Brodie? Does he sell Nylander at a discount?

Regardless the Leaf fans are not gonna be happy with what he has to do to get them cap compliant

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I was always willing to give Peters another chance, learn from your mistakes and grow, but it's been how many years and he still can't apologize to Akim in person? Even at the presser he mentions that he has tried to reach out, etc.

bruh, you're a millionaire, if you can't find a way to talk to him in person you simply DGAF, at all.

He clearly hasn't learned a damn thing and is just another fake loser who can't be accountable for his actions.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I was always willing to give Peters another chance, learn from your mistakes and grow, but it's been how many years and he still can't apologize to Akim in person? Even at the presser he mentions that he has tried to reach out, etc.

bruh, you're a millionaire, if you can't find a way to talk to him in person you simply DGAF, at all.

He clearly hasn't learned a damn thing and is just another fake loser who can't be accountable for his actions.
What's messed up to me is Aliu said he had another coach reach out trying to get him in contact with Peters for an apology like a week or two ago. You know, right before he's announced as coach. Pretty transparent there what he's doing. If he had tried to do the apology say while he was completing the sensitivity course or whatever, whether Aliu accepted it or talked to him then, it would have at least shown effort and intentions.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Can't speak for teachers, but cops usually just get placed on paid leave while an investigation takes place, then "resign" (preventing them from getting the "fired" part on their employment) which lets them re-apply (and almost always) get the job in a different district.

Reactions: tmurfin

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Physically speaking, Lethbridge is a good location for racists, a large portion of our population will relate to him.

In terms of influencing kids, it's a f***ing terrible idea, that I expect nothing less from when it comes to the Hurricanes. There is a reason I refuse to support my local WHL franchise.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
About Mike Babcock... From guys who actually know..

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not sure it's true to so no one had anything good to say about him. Wasn't Nash part of the decision to hire him?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure it's true to so no one had anything good to say about him. Wasn't Nash part of the decision to hire him?
Yes Nash was a supporter. Gaudreau, Jenner, and Werenski all had good things to say. That's a hot take from O'Neill, even though Babcock is well-hated around the league.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Waivers has started with a flurry.

Ty Smith, Taylor Fedun, Jonathan Gruden, Xavier Ouellet, and Rem Pitlick were waived by the Penguins.

Canucks waived Spencer Martin

Cal Burke waived by the Avs.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Early release. Darryl probably thinks StL just made a huge mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad