Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
The Stars once had Benn and Seguin as their top talent. Their coaching staff was clever enough to bump them down from their top units to give ice time to guys like, you know, Hintz and Robertson - that's the talent that is now making way for the Johnstons and Stankovens of the world. Nobody there is playing 20 a night, which helps them accommodate their talented youth into a role where they can actually make a difference. Aside from Heiskanen (who's a defenseman anyway), nobody is playing anywhere near "too much".

When you compare that to our system of two scoring lines, the Lowry unit and table scraps, you'll see the difference. We could incorporate new talent, but we're making it damn difficult for ourselves by not opening up the spots for our guys.

Not angry (fortunately), but it's getting rather tiresome to see the same people pushing the same excuses for the same things that the organisation handles poorly in the same fashion.
It's funny you praise Bowness (knowingly or not) for intergrating youth into the Stars but blame Bowness for not integrating Perfetti the way you like. It's the same guy making the evaluations.

Maybe you are way off base and are not understanding that these are all different players. Maybe the strategy isn't just to throw young players into the deep end until they sink or swim with no real plan. Maybe there are things Bowness was looking for or saw in each individual which lead to his decisions.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
That was still the choice of the org to go with the setup they did. Perfetti's drought in the top 6 was only 11 games. The rest happened on the fourth line where as you pointed out nobody scored. So it's a bit disingenuous when people keep bringing it up like it was all in the top 6.

Also once we got said vets are you telling me we didn't have enough talent to spread out the scoring? A roster with 7 top 6 talents and a border line one in Name should have been able to dress three talented lines that could score. We just chose to stubbornly stick to a top 6, checking, and energy setup.
How many teams had more scoring from the 4th line than the Jets? The Jets had 13 forwards with more than 10 goals.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
As I've said a gazillion times now. I have no issue using ice time as a means to punish poor performance if it's also used as a means of rewarding good performance. Do people not understand this. I wouldn't have a huge issue with him being benched for his slump if Bones also rewarded him with more ice time when he was playing really well. But the coach used it just as a means to punish and he only really did it with a younger player to boot. There were numerous other players who stunk up the joint for us cough Pionk cough that actually got promoted instead of demoted due to terrible play.
He also demoted Toffoli in the playoffs. He benched Nate Schmitt plenty of times. Iafallo started on the 1st line and got demoted. Namestnikov got demoted from the 2nd line to the 4th.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nice to see playoff goaltending in the Panthers v Bruins series!

Sway man came back strong after a weak outing unlike smellybuck who just piles up the turds in the playoffs!

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad