Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
An OT loss feels like a huge victory for us.

Regulation win tomorrow wins the division.

This actually isn’t true. I’ve been drinking. Oilers max out at 110 and Canucks at 111. Regulation win tomorrow puts the Canucks at 107 and Oilers at a max of 108. Would still need one more point or Oilers not to win another game to win the division.

Reactions: Kryten and Lindgren

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
They do in OT. Canucks control their destiny regardless of the result tomorrow night.
Technically no if the Canucks lose tomorrow and win the next 2 they would finish with 109 and the tie breaker. The Oilers win all 4 games they would end with 110 point and the division. Pretty unlikely and the division is likely sealed but still not 100%.

Reactions: Peen

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I just love the fact that the game tomorrow is going to be battle for first place. If you told me that at the beginning of the season I wouldn't have believed you!
Meaningful games in April
1712980138815.jpeg

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not quite. If we lose tomorrow most points we can get is 109. Oilers can get 110. We have to at least get to OT tomorrow to stay in control.

We will win anyways so I'm not worried.

Technically no if the Canucks lose tomorrow and win the next 2 they would finish with 109 and the tie breaker. The Oilers win all 4 games they would end with 110 point and the division. Pretty unlikely and the division is likely sealed but still not 100%.
Woke math nonsense

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Part of control destiny means we can beat them tomorrow
nah i was wrong. both teams controlling their destiny means nothing had changed since they both did before - just the odds have shifted in our favor given they dropped a point

Reactions: Vector

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
nah i was wrong. both teams controlling their destiny means nothing had changed since they both did before - just the odds have shifted in our favor given they dropped a point
I mean it’s not possible for both teams to win out considering we play each other next game. We still control our destiny because we can win tomorrow and all the games after and they won’t be able to catch us.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Whoever wins tomorrow controls their destiny (in that they get the division if they win out afterwards). Whoever loses tomorrow relies on the other team to lose at least once.

Reactions: Peen

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Whoever wins tomorrow controls their destiny (in that they get the division if they win out afterwards). Whoever loses tomorrow relies on the other team to lose at least once.

Canucks don’t even need to win out. If they win tomorrow in regulation they just need to get to OT in the next or Oilers lose in any way.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I just love the fact that the game tomorrow is going to be battle for first place. If you told me that at the beginning of the season I wouldn't have believed you!
What a wild ride this season has been. Major props to the Oilers for making it interesting and props to us for even being in the discussion for 1st in the division at all!

Reactions: Zombotron

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
What a wild ride this season has been. Major props to the Oilers for making it interesting and props to us for even being in the discussion for 1st in the division at all!

Both teams impressed.

They managed to tear up the horrendous start with great seasonal come back, straight into the thick of not only playoffs, but division title race.

We defied expectations and vaulted ourselves to an amazing season that, at best, no one expected.

Reactions: Flik

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Kuzy hat trick, 22 pts in 26 games with Cgy

Too bad Canucks had no patience with him
A lot people are gonna say he didn’t fit the system. I think it’s only half true. I believe him having a bad slump also contributed. He was never going to be a forechecking stalwart but since He was struggling offensively and wasn’t bringing anything else to the table, Tocchet gave him a very short and tight leash.

Anyways, that $5.5M we cleared will be valuable and should be used to find a significant upgrade.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
This actually isn’t true. I’ve been drinking. Oilers max out at 110 and Canucks at 111. Regulation win tomorrow puts the Canucks at 107 and Oilers at a max of 108. Would still need one more point or Oilers not to win another game to win the division.
Ive been feeling like the crazy one with so many people saying saturday clinches and Im like

giphy.gif

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad