Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not that I held the “Mark Messier Leadership Award” in high regard to begin with but I had no idea he was the only one who selected the winner. I assumed it was just named after him and the PHWA or the GMs voted on the winner. Surprised it took me this long to learn that but I’ve never bothered to look deeper into it.

Daniel Wagner could also personally award a trophy in recognition of something... who cares?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
f*** yea. f*** the bruins

One thing that's great about the Florida PP is how unselfishly they snap the puck around. Just total confidence in each other... no apparent hierarchy or status dictating anything. Puck is on and off a stick every 1-2 seconds, everyone's blasting it. High rate of execution. I mean, that's what "skill" should look like, not our brand of lifeless mid tempo puck hogging and drop passes back to the defensive zone.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It's wild how long Paul Maurice has been around in the NHL. He got his first head coaching job at the age of 28 which is crazy. He's 57 now

Laviolette has been around forever too. His first head coach gig was with the Islanders in 2001-02 and that infamously violent series against us. 22 years later and he’s still coaching.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad