Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Teams are now 0-4 in this round in close-out games. I figured the Av's were toast after game #4, but tonight they went into Big D and won 5-3. So it's back on a plane to Denver for the Stars.

And out East, the Canes have averted crashing out of the playoffs with two straight wins.....and against all odds, the Bruins and Panthers are heading back to Boston for Game #6.

That's why we love the Cup playoffs though. Fans right the roller-coaster night after night. And you just never know.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Teams are now 0-4 in this round in close-out games. I figured the Av's were toast after game #4, but tonight they went into Big D and won 5-3. So it's back on a plane to Denver for the Stars.

And out East, the Canes have averted crashing out of the playoffs with two straight wins.....and the against all odds, the Bruins and Panthers are heading back to Boston for Game #6.

That's why we love the Cup playoffs though. Fans right the roller-coaster night after night. And you just never know.

Can never count out Mac and Mak.

Both seem to have John Wick kind of sheer will power to drag the team screaming and kicking back into the series.

Imagine if both CAR and COL force game 7, oh man...

Reactions: mathonwy and quat

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It's one of the weaker years for contending teams. All the teams left are vulnerable and the Canucks & Oilers are undoubtedly the weakest of the bunch.
I'd throw the Bruins in there with us and the Oilers, FLA/DAL/NYR/COL all look pretty legit, although losing Nuke was a big blow to the Avs and they have the weakest goaltending out of the 4 as well.

It's amazing how the Oilers haven't been able to build just one stacked team during these McDrai years.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'd throw the Bruins in there with us and the Oilers, FLA/DAL/NYR/COL all look pretty legit, although losing Nuke was a big blow to the Avs and they have the weakest goaltending out of the 4 as well.

It's amazing how the Oilers haven't been able to build just one stacked team during these McDrai years.

I think the Bruins, with a healthy Marchand, are a step ahead of both the Canadian teams but below the others. Probably equivalent to Colorado now the Nichushkin is gone.

None of the teams are juggernauts. Oettinger hasn’t been that great, although much better in the playoffs, and their offense is more about a deep roster than dominating forces. As an example. Rangers, Stars, and Panthers are all very good, though.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Thank you Darnell Nurse and Peter Chiarelli

The Capitals and Islanders backed into the playoffs because no one actually wanted to make it.
Sidney wanted it

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I think the Bruins, with a healthy Marchand, are a step ahead of both the Canadian teams but below the others. Probably equivalent to Colorado now the Nichushkin is gone.

None of the teams are juggernauts. Oettinger hasn’t been that great, although much better in the playoffs, and their offense is more about a deep roster than dominating forces. As an example. Rangers, Stars, and Panthers are all very good, though.
Agreed. Very up and down as he has been since the back half of last year.

Reactions: Vector

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Can never count out Mac and Mak.

Both seem to have John Wick kind of sheer will power to drag the team screaming and kicking back into the series.

Imagine if both CAR and COL force game 7, oh man...
No. But despite two points, Mackinnon was awful. One of the worst games I've seen him play.

Cale dragged them back to Denver.

Reactions: BimJenning

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
as ever, stop letting that team be a team

bullet points are there’s multiple allegations here. first part is sexual harrassment:
  • she experienced sexual harrassment at the hands of a blackhawks employee, including inappropriate advances, unwanted touching, and sending explicit videos of himself on tiktok
  • she reported two other incidents of other people being groped at blackhawks events by blackhawks employees
  • after informing her supervisor, had her role changed and was moved away from her place of work (united center) and eventually was terminated
the other part of it is related to the substance of her work with the team:
  • says they made false representations about their commitment to decommission the logo "and other Native American initiatives” when she began working with them, which the article seems to imply was a condition of her taking on the gig
  • says after she connected them with the tribe, which had previously been unwilling to meet with the team, the team made an end run around her to broker a deal that allowed them to keep the logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad