GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stars within 1. Tipped shot. Hold Avs Hold. Need a long series.

Looked like Makar tipped it in. More oofs.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
A few notes on the game tonight.

Absolutely awful goal by Makar on his 2nd of the night. Ottinger completely fanned on it. A backbreaker.

Devon Toews bailed on Dallas' 3rd goal, failing to absorb a hit to make the play, and the Avs paid the ultimate price, allowing a screened goal.

The physicality in this series is nothing compared to the Oilers/Canucks. Nice to see see Bettmans goofs letting all the shit go against the league's brightest stars, and someone gets touched in the other series and it's straight to the box.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The physicality in this series is nothing compared to the Oilers/Canucks. Nice to see see Bettmans goofs letting all the shit go against the league's brightest stars, and someone gets touched in the other series and it's straight to the box.

Sometimes I feel like the Oilers powerplay is actually too good. Refs are afraid to make it look like they are making a huge impact in a game so when one team is clipping along at 50% on the PP they don't want to make calls.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
A few notes on the game tonight.

Absolutely awful goal by Makar on his 2nd of the night. Ottinger completely fanned on it. A backbreaker.

Devon Toews bailed on Dallas' 3rd goal, failing to absorb a hit to make the play, and the Avs paid the ultimate price, allowing a screened goal.

I haven't watched a ton of this series, but would it also be fair to say that the building in Dallas has been a morgue? Tuesday night in November intensity from that crowd in the bits I've watched at least.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I haven't watched a ton of this series, but would it also be fair to say that the building in Dallas has been a morgue? Tuesday night in November intensity from that crowd in the bits I've watched at least.
Dallas have been horrible at home on playoffs. So bad that the fans could be expecting losses. They were noisy early on

Looks like Makar finally showed up in series. His own fans could wonder where he'd been until game 45 That was a completely different Makar

Man, Dallas never make it easy for themselves. Poor record in elimination games.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Dallas have been horrible at home on playoffs. So bad that the fans could be expecting losses. They were noisy early on

Looks like Makar finally showed up in series. His own fans could wonder where he'd been until game 45 That was a completely different Makar

Man, Dallas never make it easy for themselves. Poor record in elimination games.

If we move I think that the Avalanche would be the much preferred matchup.

They're similarly constructed to the Nucks. Top heavy forward group combined with an elite offensive d man drive the bus, except their talent in each of these areas far exceeds Vancouver. If we find the formula here, it is roughly transferrable to a series against the Avalanche IMO.

Disclaimer - I acknowledge that the Avalanche are worlds better than the Nucks, just play a similar brand and similarly balanced.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am hearing that Darren D. from TSN has passed away. I was not aware of any illness?

Edit--he was battling prostrate cancer--sad to be gone at aged 58--way too young.

Reactions: subnet

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't remember now if it was last series or early on in this series, but Dallas was the loudest building I've heard so far these playoffs

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I didn't see the big boobed gal last night, so yah, not a lot of excitement for the viewership either.

I am hearing that Darren D. from TSN has passed away. I was not aware of any illness?

Edit--he was battling prostrate cancer--sad to be gone at aged 58--way too young.
OMG, Dutchy. So sad, he was an icon in the field. I remember seeing him at a batting cage in Edmonton way back in the day, when he was with some buddies and they likely had been having a few beers or so. Missed every fast ball, and then went down in the crouch to try to bunt and damned near got hit. I think he was pretty much well loved. RIP Dutch.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Sometimes I feel like the Oilers powerplay is actually too good. Refs are afraid to make it look like they are making a huge impact in a game so when one team is clipping along at 50% on the PP they don't want to make calls.
I concur. Reminds me of our great team in the 80's where we destroyed teams 4 on 4, and the league changed the rules to even things out. And back in the 50's when the Habs PP was so deadly, they introduced the rule that allowed the offender out of the box after a goal was scored.

Reactions: RegDunlop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad