OT - NO POLITICS April showers bring May flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just had a thyroid ultrasound. Now I'm at another doctor's office to schedule a colonoscopy since I'm officially old.

This doctor's office is weird. They called me last week to schedule, or so I thought. Asked me a bunch of questions, then said they would snail mail :help: the paperwork to me, which I had to complete and deliver to their office in person but only between the hours of 8:30 and 11:00 am on Wednesday or Friday.

Good grief. Have they not heard of the interwebs? Email??

I'm afraid to ask what his methods are for the actual colonoscopy, I hope he's up to date on THAT. :oops:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I always remember her out in any weather doing her reports.
1654389960845.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The stars at night at Yosemite are awesome.

Also terrifying seeing the hikers sleeping/napping off the side of the cliffs like 1,000 feet up with the tent things they hang

Yeah we actually went to a stargazing session one evening and it was really good.

And the climbers are crazy. I can't get my head around how they manage to sleep on the side of sheer cliffs thousands of feet in the air.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just had a thyroid ultrasound. Now I'm at another doctor's office to schedule a colonoscopy since I'm officially old.

This doctor's office is weird. They called me last week to schedule, or so I thought. Asked me a bunch of questions, then said they would snail mail :help: the paperwork to me, which I had to complete and deliver to their office in person but only between the hours of 8:30 and 11:00 am on Wednesday or Friday.

Good grief. Have they not heard of the interwebs? Email??

I'm afraid to ask what his methods are for the actual colonoscopy, I hope he's up to date on THAT. :oops:
Welcome to Tennessee!

Just be thankful if you don't get a horse doctor for your colonoscopy...;)

• Wow
Reactions: Bruinaura

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
hopping on a Bruins pod later this morning to record an episode, looking forward to it, love the Pod itself and all but bullied my way into an invite:) Not sure if I`m permitted to mention it here so I won`t but someone we all know very well here has been on it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
hopping on a Bruins pod later this morning to record an episode, looking forward to it, love the Pod itself and all but bullied my way into an invite:) Not sure if I`m permitted to mention it here so I won`t but someone we all know very well here has been on it.

feel free.

Reactions: Fenway

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Have had this one on the bucket list for a long time and it did not disappoint. You can see hundreds of photos of Yosemite, and the real thing is still infinitely better.

View attachment 555924

Definitely a place where the pictures dont do the awe of it justice.

Hopefully you can get to Yellowstone as well on this trip. As amazing as Yosemite is, Yellowstone is even more inspiring IMO. Especially the geyser basin and Grand Prismatic Spring

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Definitely a place where the pictures dont do the awe of it justice.

Hopefully you can get to Yellowstone as well on this trip. As amazing as Yosemite is, Yellowstone is even more inspiring IMO. Especially the geyser basin and Grand Prismatic Spring

Yes, we'll be in Yellowstone in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to it. Expecting it to again be different to anything we've ever experienced before.

Reactions: eightspokedb

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I have team building tomorrow and was advised to wear close-toed shoes.

Pray for me.
I worked at Cornell U years ago and they made us do that. We were outside and doing challenges, trying to solve physical puzzles they gave us. Our first one they gave us 2 hours to solve.

Problem was, they gave a bunch of technicians and engineers these puzzles. The two hour one took us ten minutes. We did one more and were told just to relax until lunch time.....

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad