OT: Anything Goes 41

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have been experimenting with smoked cream cheese on my pellet grill, and my goodness this is incredible stuff. Put a glaze on it for the first time.. the cherry apple habanero glaze is just unbelievably good.

IMG_6238.jpeg

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Off to Vegas for Pearl Jam tomorrow. It is a nice 'full circle' as I first saw them at CY Stevens Theater in Ames, Iowa in 1991. They were the warm up band for Smashing Pumpkins on their Gish album and then, Red Hot Chili Peppers as the main on Blood Sugar Sex Magic tour. What a show THAT was! Have seen PJ pretty much every tour since then too.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
First day of my son's first summer break from school.

Not goint to lie, being a parent and having to work with a kid no longer in school and yet still having to go to work myself is a tad worrisome.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
First day of my son's first summer break from school.

Not goint to lie, being a parent and having to work with a kid no longer in school and yet still having to go to work myself is a tad worrisome.

My parents sent me to a soccer day camp, where I'm pretty sure the entire first week was 5 hours a day of line-test runs. At least that's all I remember when I consult my therapist.

After that, I asked to go away to [any] boarding camp, and the one they sent me to, with some native American name, on a lake, was awesome. Lots of activities, lots of downtime. I was home sick for like 5 hours then forgot about home until I was upset I had to go home.

TL;DR version: Send your kid to a sleepover camp.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Off to Vegas for Pearl Jam tomorrow. It is a nice 'full circle' as I first saw them at CY Stevens Theater in Ames, Iowa in 1991. They were the warm up band for Smashing Pumpkins on their Gish album and then, Red Hot Chili Peppers as the main on Blood Sugar Sex Magic tour. What a show THAT was! Have seen PJ pretty much every tour since then too.
I don't click on this thread enough I guess...I was at both Vegas shows. Such a good time.

I still have tickets for them in Indy and both Wrigley shows. Gonna be a fun PJ year

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nothin better than fresh oysters and good vodka on a sunny summer patio. Life is good.
Eh... vodka sucks. :laugh:

Fine in a summer mixed drink or a summer blended drink. Crap otherwise. Even good vodka tastes like pretty much all other vodka, just slightly less gag-inducing.

I'll take literally any other liquor over vodka.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Eh... vodka sucks. :laugh:

Fine in a summer mixed drink or a summer blended drink. Crap otherwise. Even good vodka tastes like pretty much all other vodka, just slightly less gag-inducing.

I'll take literally any other liquor over vodka.

Ha, fair.

I love Vodka. I blame my Russian/Polish background on my father’s side. :P

My holy trinity of hard liquor is Vodka, Tequila and Whiskey.

Gin and Rum can **** off

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ha, fair.

I love Vodka. I blame my Russian/Polish background on my father’s side. :P

My holy trinity of hard liquor is Vodka, Tequila and Whiskey.

Gin and Rum can **** off
Have a 50% Polish background here, and then primarily Welsh/Irish/Czech on the other side. Never been a vodka guy outside of vodka lemonade(and other fresh summer drinks) or occasionally a moscow mule.

For me it's Scotch, then Bourbon, then Irish whiskey. Then comes Tequila and Rum roughly equal in last place. I do really like a really good tequila on the rocks, though.

Gin can f*** off for sure. Never been a fan.

My Dad was a rum guy. I drank waaaaaaaaaaaay too much Captain and Coke in my 20's. :laugh: Just not a big fan of it anymore, outside of the occasional summer type of drink.

I will say... sitting out in the sun by a pool or otherwise, in the summer... Stoli vanilla or Absolut Vanilla, Malibu rum, and pineapple juice... hard to beat in that scenario.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad