Andrew copp

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Besides Edvinsson the other prospect I think is closest to making the team (and with a good camp should next year) is ASP. The kid is phenomenal and has such a high hockey iq. He could potentially make the jump.

I agree on skill but I saw a guy who needed the often stated reason for being in the development Leagues, strength. Hope to be wrong because his O zone play and transitions are great. I am just not sure he could handle the NHL wall play and cycle today. I also believe Berggren has shown he can play at the NHL level. It is all about role and fit. The balance need time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Besides Edvinsson the other prospect I think is closest to making the team (and with a good camp should next year) is ASP. The kid is phenomenal and has such a high hockey iq. He could potentially make the jump.
I don't know why this discussion is happening in this thread, but guess that just happens.

I don't think ASP is close to being ready to be an NHL regular. He needs to show he can play a bigger role in the SHL first. Same story with Kasper IMO, he needs to show he can be more impactful in the AHL before we think about putting him in the NHL. Unless one of those guys has a monster off season in the gym, I dont expect them to be NHLers next year.

Only prospects I could see being ont he team are Edvinsson and maybe Mazur to start next year. That's about it for me. Maybe Johansson if we open up a spot? But he seems like a guy we will trade away in some kind of package at some point and chalk it up to a log jam. Maybe Danielson would be the 3rd if he ends the year on a hot streak and has a big off season workout.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
ASP is nowhere close to being NHL ready from a physical maturity standpoint, nor will he be this time next year. Being a very, very good NHL prospect and being NHL ready are two very different things.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
ASP is nowhere close to being NHL ready from a physical maturity standpoint, nor will he be this time next year. Being a very, very good NHL prospect and being NHL ready are two very different things.

I don't think Kasper and Mazur are ready either, there's a profound difference in the way Ray is playing after gaining 15 lbs this summer. That should happen before they make the roster, not 2 seasons after. Average weight for a forward is 198 lbs, and 203 for defensemen. You don't want to be at a physical disadvantage playing in a pro league.

lgrws91

Jun 14, 2023
There are meaningful minutes available on the NHL roster. Swap Ed and AlJo for Holl and Maatta and let Petry be the #7. The team is no worse off. The only thing negatively impacted is coach's comfort because games played is all that matters to him.

Ed is an NHL player on any other team
Burgers is an NHL player on any other team
AlJo is an NHL player on any other team

Boston has had 6 rookies play a total of 137 games this season.
Detroit has had 1 rookie play a total of 2 games this season.

The only teams with fewer rookie games played than the Wings are Dallas and Carolina. Both of which are comfortably in the playoffs and have been.
This 💯

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It is weird, cause he hasn't been getting a lot of ice time, and I also don't even think he has been playing all that good in these 3 games, and yet 3 goals.

Reactions: lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It is weird, cause he hasn't been getting a lot of ice time, and I also don't even think he has been playing all that good in these 3 games, and yet 3 goals.
Third liners tend to just dump and chase, cycle the puck and get dirty goals. That lines oddly enough looks better with Fischer than Joey. They just need to throw the puck at the net and hope something happens.

The closer Copp gets to earning his salary, the closer the team gets to the playoffs. I don't care if it's mostly puck luck.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
1705315491521.jpeg

Y'all got any more of them Copp's?

• Haha
Reactions: PelagicJoe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Edit: Does Copp post on HFBoards about himself or something?

LOL, I'm actually beginning to like him even if he is overpaid. If Copp scores, the team wins. I think the only game this season where he scored and the team didn't win went into overtime.

He did manage to match last year's total in only 47 games with much less PP time, so he does have that going for him. Go Copp!!!!

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
He has been playing much better, it may be below what some expect but he has helped the team and like Trevor Thompson said. May have been our best line this last stretch. His value on the PK is tremendous alone. 40-50 points, he is earning that contract currently.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He has been playing much better, it may be below what some expect but he has helped the team and like Trevor Thompson said. May have been our best line this last stretch. His value on the PK is tremendous alone. 40-50 points, he is earning that contract currently.
He's also been the best faceoff guy lately in games where Larkin and Compher are getting destroyed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad