OT - NO POLITICS A Hazy Shade of Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
First day of PT. Not bad....knee is quite swollen and stiff, but I think it loosened up a bit after just one session.

Made the mistake of not taking pain meds before bed last night because it felt not bad.....at 3am up in kitchen looking for the meds..... maybe I should give it a week before not taking anything

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
First day of PT. Not bad....knee is quite swollen and stiff, but I think it loosened up a bit after just one session.

Made the mistake of not taking pain meds before bed last night because it felt not bad.....at 3am up in kitchen looking for the meds..... maybe I should give it a week before not taking anything
I did the same thing with my shoulder lol. Then I stayed on schedule whether I thought it hurt bad enough or not, until the last couple days and was splitting them in half. Of course after the 10 days or whatever is was of a steady diet of Benadryl and Percocets, I was up sweating bullets and having intense full body itching. The miracle of science at work

Hope your recovery is smooth sailing!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

After my hip replacement my doctor told me to stay ahead of the pain.... especially the first week. Take meds before the pain gets bad.

After one week I was of the major pain meds. I wanted to be able to drive. I was driving after two weeks

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
@CamFan81

I grew up in Ludlow, MA which is one of the few continental communities in the USA apparently. Grandmother was born in Chicopee, MA but moved back when she was 1. Apparently being poor in Portugal was better than the USA. She was from Obidos. Grandfather was from Beira Baixa but moved to Nazare when he was orphaned to live with a brother. He was lucky to meet a US citizen and moved to the USA a few days after they married at 19 hahah.

We have family is Lisbon and are going to do a loop around to Porto and back.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
@CamFan81

I grew up in Ludlow, MA which is one of the few continental communities in the USA apparently. Grandmother was born in Chicopee, MA but moved back when she was 1. Apparently being poor in Portugal was better than the USA. She was from Obidos. Grandfather was from Beira Baixa but moved to Nazare when he was orphaned to live with a brother. He was lucky to meet a US citizen and moved to the USA a few days after they married at 19 hahah.

We have family is Lisbon and are going to do a loop around to Porto and back.
Awesome stuff. I can't wait to hear how the trip goes...Never been to the mainland but there is much i want to see.

Both parents come from the islands and met here in New England. Been to Maderia & Azores a few times over mostly to visit family, but would love to experience the mainland as none of my family has ever stepped foot on mainland soil.

Tavira is a top expat destination for retireees, i'm keeping it on the family's radar as we start to look into life as empty nesters 5 or so years from now...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Maintenance guys have been working on our air conditioning/heating right outside my office door for much of the day. Lots of loud noise, plus they keep disagreeing on how to fix it. :help:

On the bright side, an employee gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card unexpectedly, so I see a peppermint hot chocolate in my future.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Go Navy!!!

Beat Army!
IMG_7252.jpeg

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
This winter has started out real good for skiing up north. Then comes to 2" of rain and 50 degrees. Booo. Going to try and use a Indy Pass redemption at Cannon on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad