OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
AI point spreads work fast. NFL games are already out on draftkings. These are the Washington games up so far. Under dogs in all but 1

At Tampa +3.5 0/u 42
NYG -3 44
At Bengals +6.5 48
At Cards +2 45
Browns +2.5 43.5
At Ravens +8 46.6
Bears +2 44.5

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
My first instant in my brain words.

#1 vs #2 deathmatch on Oct. 27th.

Also would be entertaining to come out of the gate and beat up on the Jets and their old man river QB.
I would love to see us feed Rodgers his taint, but I looked it up and it turns out the chances of the Jets starting Methusela week 1 of the pre-season are indistinguishable from -12,000-to-1.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
This was funny and well done, but also stupid and could be bulletin board material for all those games that the video claims are "cake".

The batteries being thrown for the At Philly game are hilarious.
OMG The titans one. Mayo Coffee for Will Levis LMAO

Also whoever made the real cakes did an awesome job.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
This is why I mostly focus on my team. Living directly in the DC area, I can get every game for free on my antenna.

Yeah Chiefs Steelers on Christmas Day on Netflix is going to suck, but I'll either go to a bar or watch "elsewhere".

And to answer the question, only 4. Peacock, and ESPN+ for the occasional exclusive, Amazon every week, and Netflix for 2 games. NFL+ only streams in market games (which you should get with a TV and antenna) and Paramount+ only airs in market CBS games (again which you should get with antenna)
Pro tip for Amazon games: they put them on twitch with no paywall.

At least they have so far... Probably won't last forever

Reactions: John Price

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I would love to see us feed Rodgers his taint, but I looked it up and it turns out the chances of the Jets starting Methusela week 1 of the pre-season are indistinguishable from -12,000-to-1.
200.gif

Reactions: John Price

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’ve thought about it some more and I think the shittiest part of what he did was steal a moment that was supposed to be about other people. Commencement is supposed to be about celebrating the achievements of others and all he did was use that platform to kickstart his career as a terrible public speaker and activist. What a bag of dicks.

Best commencement speech ever:

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
That gives him the cherished Cancel Clout, which is absolute gold in conservative media circles. He will have the chance to do the rounds during the off season and audition for his post-football career with interviews on all those yap shows.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
i

From ESPN+​

Jayden Daniels, Washington Commanders

Why he fits in Washington: Offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury is now calling plays under coach Dan Quinn, and Daniels has a similar skill set to the QBs with whom he has had success in the past. Expect this Washington offense to resemble what Kingsbury ran in Arizona with Kyler Murray -- and that should suit Daniels well. The rookie can get the ball to all areas of the field, and the passing game should feature plenty of formations that involve three or four wide receivers designed to attack down the field. With Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson on the perimeter, Daniels already has two dependable pass-catchers at his disposal.

But designed QB runs will also be an underrated element of this scheme. Daniels ran for 1,134 yards last season, and he can bring that added dynamic to the offense. -- Reid

How the Commanders can set him up for success: The Commanders wanted to reduce the immediate burden on Daniels by building a stronger defense and emphasizing the run game with key interior line signings like center Tyler Biadasz and guard Nick Allegretti. They also signed veteran tight end Zach Ertz and running back Austin Ekeler to help him transition to the NFL game.

For the long term, Washington has to fortify its tackle play and strengthen its offensive playmaking -- there are questions about the receiving and tight end depth for the future. Dotson, a first-round pick in 2022, needs to become more of a threat in the passing game. Drafting a tight end (Ben Sinnott), tackle (Brandon Coleman) and receiver (Luke McCaffrey) on Day 2 will help the supporting cast. -- John Keim

The area he could lead the league in five years: QB rushing yards. Daniels immediately steps into the NFL as one of the best dual-threats at the position, alongside Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields. He was the only ball carrier in the country to average more than eight yards per carry in 2023 (8.4), as Daniels is an explosive runner who can gain yards in bunches. -- Reid

Clay's 2024 projection: 3,457 passing yards, 16 touchdown throws, 14 interceptions (577 rushing yards, five touchdown runs)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
You, and your ilk, wanting sanctions for someone saying something you disagree with is chilling. It’s frankly unamerican and you are old enough to know better.

Butker and his ilk using his platform to promote discrimination and intolerance is chilling. Making inflammatory, although also unfounded statements such as "the tyranny of diversity, equity and inclusion", are thinly veiled hatred masquerading as protected speech. Butker wants to change the world by repressing people's rights when they aren't living in alignment with his world views. While that is sadly an American tradition, I instead want to change the world by making it an uncomfortable place for people to spread hatred and intolerance. I don't care if you don't like it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Seems like posters simply aren’t hearing each other. I don’t think anyone has said “yeah, Butker is totally right! Preach on, brother!!”

No one has said that?

Some are simply saying he has the right to say whatever he feels. And we cannot quash that.

Which I can 100% agree with, even if I almost 100% can disagree with everything Butker was saying. It CAN be both ways here people.

Correct?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Not gonna lie if those are his stats we will be hearing bust talk. JD better stop saying hes better then CJ Stroud who had one of the better rookie seasons for a QB
Not “bust”, but certainly not OROY either.

Question also is —

IF those are his stats (which seem rather fair, IMO), WHAT will the Skin win total be?

6-11? 7-10?

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Some are simply saying he has the right to say whatever he feels. And we cannot quash that.

Everybody is saying he has the legal right to say what he feels. Some are saying that people who are offended should just accept it, or bizarrely, they should debate the merits of his speech, as if anyone on either side is going to change their entire worldview with such an exercise.

The only thing truly being stifled here is the idea that people who disagree with him should still support him, vs voicing their displeasure in ways such as not buying products he endorses, or being happy at the prospect of him losing sponsors for his words.

People also love to throw out the first amendment free speech clause as if it wasn't specifically included for the purpose of being able to redress grievances against the government. Nowhere in the founders thought process was "people should have the right to incite violence or hatred" or, you know, say whatever the eff they want any time and any place they want. Freedom of speech isn't the same thing as everyone accepting any ridiculous things anyone says anywhere. Specifically, Congress has made no law preventing Butker from being an asshole. His free speech rights are 100% intact and will remain so. The general public is bound by no such restriction.

Reactions: tycoonheart

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Not gonna lie if those are his stats we will be hearing bust talk. JD better stop saying hes better then CJ Stroud who had one of the better rookie seasons for a QB
I'd love to see the statistical models that guy is using to decide that the guy who had the fewest INTs in the last 2 seasons is going to throw the most INTs in his rookie season.

Have not seen JD say he's better than Stroud. Link?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Butker and his ilk using his platform to promote discrimination and intolerance is chilling. Making inflammatory, although also unfounded statements such as "the tyranny of diversity, equity and inclusion", are thinly veiled hatred masquerading as protected speech. Butker wants to change the world by repressing people's rights when they aren't living in alignment with his world views. While that is sadly an American tradition, I instead want to change the world by making it an uncomfortable place for people to spread hatred and intolerance. I don't care if you don't like it.
I prefer my exposure to hate to be thinly veiled and masquerading vs overt and in my face….a time honored tradition before free speech was protected by law….

I don’t think he’s really inciting anything though…..just another fool.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
To put a point on it:
Butker has every right to expose himself as an asshole. As we have every right to call him an asshole. Or to argue why his antiquated, chauvinistic attitudes and the pridefully arrogant manner in which he expressed them aren't assholian.

More to the point -- **** Mike Clay and the stupid projection he pulled from his Butker.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I prefer my exposure to hate to be thinly veiled and masquerading vs overt and in my face….a time honored tradition before free speech was protected by law….

I don’t think he’s really inciting anything though…..just another fool.

I prefer not to be told to accept or support either version.

Agreed, he's just another fool. He shouldn't be sanctioned for his words, just mocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad