OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2008
Forbes is fine he just needs better coaching

When asked about Forbes Darrell Green said he could fix him in 10 minutes and that "he's not getting the help he needs", referencing coaching

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Overall I’m still a bit hesitant to get excited over our drafts since we’re all RR drafting survivors but I feel pretty good about this class. I’m legit getting excited to watch this offense, I love the Mccaffrey pick felt like we need a big slot guy.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Good/great athletes, big production, captains and leaders... maybe the analytics crew and the scouting staff melded minds and found the formula? We could only be so lucky.

I love day after draft grades, they're so meaningful. /S But if someone is going to grade us, I'm glad they like what they saw.

Athleticism, production, leadership and experience. Thought I saw somewhere that they were one of (maybe the most), experienced draft classes in terms of games and snaps. Sounds like they were true to their word.

So whatever they say in terms of traits/values ahead of next year's draft, we can probably feel comfortable that they mean it.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I trust our FO. But as a general rule, I like adding premium talent vs trading back if premium talent is there

Should have taken Dejean or Koolaid at 40 and locked in your potential CB1.

Dotson over Olave/hamilton vibes

But this offseason "rumored" is that Adams wanted to fill out the roster this year then add the elite pieces next season

Reactions: Bananas and hotpaws

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Both Dejean and Koolaide are coming off pretty big injuries with a broken leg and broken foot hence them falling to pick 40. I could see us not wanting damaged goods with our high picks.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I trust our FO. But as a general rule, I like adding premium talent vs trading back if premium talent is there

Should have taken Dejean or Koolaid at 40 and locked in your potential CB1.

Dotson over Olave/hamilton vibes

But this offseason "rumored" is that Adams wanted to fill out the roster this year then add the elite pieces next season
The DeJean-for-Sainristil deal has me sooo conflicted. But I really think Sain is going to be an animal and a tone-setter, and the fact that we also got maybe the best TE in the draft as part of it tips it into "I'm good with it" territory.

And while Newton was far from a need, it sounds like he was no-doubt home run as BPA -- and while he'll give us a good rotational piece this season, he also means we can get out of one of our few big contracts (J.Allen) if we want to after this year.

So, they didn't follow the imaginary blue-print any of us had for them, but everything they've done so far has seemed to come from a well-defined vision for what they're trying to accomplish, and they seem to be following it from the owners suite, to the FO, to the sideline, to the field. Which is not something that could have been said about this franchise for over 30 years. So, in Harris & Co. I trust!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
So, they didn't follow the imaginary blue-print any of us had for them, but everything they've done so far has seemed to come from a well-defined vision for what they're trying to accomplish, and they seem to be following it from the owners suite, to the FO, to the sideline, to the field. Which is not something that could have been said about this franchise for over 30 years. So, in Harris & Co. I trust!
The bolded part is absolutely what could be said the past 30 years or so.

We will find it in a few years. Id rather take the 1st round grade outside corner vs slot corner and better version of John Bates but this is where the "I trust the FO" comes into play.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Skins still have a TON of money for FA’s. Depending on where you read — it’s still north of 60m or so.

Still time to make some splashes. Not sure who or how, but it could happen.
Yeah, I think some of that will be earmarked for the next round of OTs to get their pink slips. Whatever anybody's saying about Coleman -- and I believe they think he's good -- nobody takes a top rookie QB and decides they're going to protect his blind-side with a 3rd round G/T tweener or something called a "Cornelius Lucas."

• Love
Reactions: Ridley Simon

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Doing stupid things in expensive cars is kind of a military tradition. Was he paying 22% interest on it?
When I was an ensign one of my really junior guys showed up to work one day after deployment in a brand new Audi convertible. The kid came from a relatively poor upbringing in the rural south, had never had a bank account before joining the Navy, and didn’t know what interest on a loan meant. He spent most of his deployment earnings on the down payment and then had a loan at 26.5% for the rest of it (maybe $25k if memory serves). I sat him down and showed him the numbers and the payout schedule and he damn near fainted. Took that car right back that weekend. These loan sharks that setup shop right outside the bases who prey on junior enlisted who don’t know any better are scumbags.

Last edited:

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

“In my book, there were five teams that had really good drafts, the best of them all being the Washington Commanders, who received my only A+ grade. First-year general manager Adam Peters, who came over from San Francisco, nailed his first draft, starting with quarterback Jayden Daniels, who they took second overall. He will be a star. Peters kept going after that, loading up on good, talented players, many of whom I liked throughout the process.”

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm hoping Colson Yankoff makes the team...

.... because I'm 12.

“In my book, there were five teams that had really good drafts, the best of them all being the Washington Commanders, who received my only A+ grade. First-year general manager Adam Peters, who came over from San Francisco, nailed his first draft, starting with quarterback Jayden Daniels, who they took second overall. He will be a star. Peters kept going after that, loading up on good, talented players, many of whom I liked throughout the process.”

Pete Prisco has hated us for decades... for him to say this, he must have been holding back tears.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Both Dejean and Koolaide are coming off pretty big injuries with a broken leg and broken foot hence them falling to pick 40. I could see us not wanting damaged goods with our high picks.
Caught the PFF AFC/NFC East draft break down today when on Dejean it was interesting that there was a question if he was more of a safety versus an outside corner and he didn't play S in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad