Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Fri, May 17 | vs TB | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBD vs Bassitt | ***Apple TV+ Game, no Sportsnet***

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Jays are solid from 4 to 9 in the batting order. Our biggest mistake was not paying up for Soto. Having that big bat at the top of the order would have added a presence we don’t have and having a player like Soto on the team probably would have raised the standards of Vlad as well. Given that we have a good enough 4-9 imo, and the pitching and defence is going to be good, I still think the Jays are 1-2 good hitters away from being a good team rather then needing a full rebuild. They just just need 1 Trout/Soto/Yelich type bat imo and 1 of the top 3 in the order to step up. Also Vlad, Bo and Springer won't be this bad for the whole year.

1. Springer - .??
  2. Gurrerro - ??
  3. ???? - ??
  4. Turner .861
  5. Bichette - ??
  6. Jansen .892
  7. Varsho .820
  8. Schneider .789
  9. Clement .734
It's not really that it raises the standard. It just makes it harder for the pitcher to go thru the lineup. Can't throw around players as much. Less room for mistakes if you give 7th, 8th or 9th hitters singles or walks. Etc ... baseball is a mental game.

The Jays lineup is not frightening for anyone. If i was a pitcher i'd comfortably throw around those guys and use my off speed pitches. Yeah i'd walk them here and there but they can't hit so not a big deal.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And here is his savant page.

Meanwhile Bo is certifiably in the “trash” range of xstats aside from whiffs/Ks.

I’m not really in the mood to just give Vlad/Bo PAs to work their issues out. Give them a reset/day off and let guys that are hitting better start.

On the flip side, I hope the Barger audition is not over yet. I think his athleticism still warrants a look at 3B and they shouldn’t be so quick to pigeonhole him into a corner OF spot. Plus despite a few Ks and being hitless through 11 PAs his contact rate is still high and I feel more confident in him hitting it over the infield than the other options we have.

What I’d go with for a game (vs Bowlan)

1. Springer (RF)
2. Turner (1B)
3. Vogelbach (DH)
4. Jansen (C)
5. Varsho (CF)
6. Schneider (LF)
7. Barger (3B)
8. Clement (SS)
9. Biggio (2B)

Last edited:
Reactions: canucksfan

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don’t know if I understand IKF over Clement at SS. Clement is better with the glove at SS, is he not? And he is probably a better hitter. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I don’t know if I understand IKF over Clement at SS. Clement is better with the glove at SS, is he not? And he is probably a better hitter. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong.
As bad as IKF's bat is vs RHP, Clement's bat is even worse. Difference between IKF and Clement's bats are Clement can hit LHP and is atrocious vs RHP, while IKF's bat is just evenly bad against both.

Also IKF vs Clement defensively at SS is a bit of a mixed bag. IKF and Clement both rate positively in DRS, IKF grades positively in UZR and negatively in OAA/RAA, while Clement grades positively in OAA/RAA and negatively in UZR.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As bad as IKF's bat is vs RHP, Clement's bat is even worse. Difference between IKF and Clement's bats are Clement can hit LHP and is atrocious vs RHP, while IKF's bat is just evenly bad against both.

Also IKF vs Clement defensively at SS is a bit of a mixed bag. IKF and Clement both rate positively in DRS, IKF grades positively in UZR and negatively in OAA/RAA, while Clement grades positively in OAA/RAA and negatively in UZR.

Thanks. I didn't look at the numbers against RHP. That makes sense then

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Vlad is such a f***ing pos. 2 major f*** iOS in one innings costing them runs. Such a loser. Time to move on from this clown

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Anyone who is more concerned about Bo than Vlad needs to get a grip with just how bad Vlad has become, over a pretty large sample now.
Oh yeah definitely way more concerned with Vladdy's decline than Bo's slump.

Because that's exactly what it is. Vladdy has declined, Bo's just in a terrible slump to start the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00