WC: 2024 Team USA

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Am I the only one who feels like this early adversity could actually be good for this group? The first 2 periods in the Slovakia game seemed to be a wakeup call.

Unfortunately I think our coaching will keep us from medaling, but I still think we've got pretty good odds.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Am I the only one who feels like this early adversity could actually be good for this group? The first 2 periods in the Slovakia game seemed to be a wakeup call.

Unfortunately I think our coaching will keep us from medaling, but I still think we've got pretty good odds.

I'm feeling another close semifinal loss followed by yet another embarrassing showing in the bronze medal game for fourth place.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Yeah, outside of the first they dominated Slovakia. A decent start and/or goaltending and that's a comfortable win.

It's not a great sign that we keep coming out unprepared to play.
Think ^this^ is the answer to whether the US will medal or not. Don't come out in the 1st sleep walking. Also, obviously, who the US plays in the quarters. That top 4 lopponent, in the other group, looking tough.

Also this is the best time to work on special teams. Do it now...live. when the schedule isn't as tough. Get Caufield out of the bumper.

I did like the adversity, though. I felt like the US were going to come back. They turnrd it up a notch. Letting the mobile D joint the play.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Nice to see Brindley instead of Leonard. Leonard has been pretty quiet and now it's Brindley's chance to take that spot.

Game for Kessel. It's nice, but Petry will take his place again in the next games.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I would not have thought that this team would have to rely on one line so strongly. It's a slightly worrying trend for this team.

What on earth has happened to Trevor Zegras? The guy has been a shadow of himself all season. Injuries, of course, but the signs were there from the beginning of the season.

Zegras, Farabee, Caufield, Tkachuk all need to get on the score sheet today.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Great first period. Yes, France sucks, but they showed up ready to play and didn't play down to their opponent. They dominated them as they should.

Hopefully Caufield can pot one today to get some confidence.

Boldy has been our best player all tournament. A young bubble guy for our best-of teams seizing the opportunity to make it hard for USAH to leave him off.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Yeah, the adversity should be good. Lots of teams who have won here didn't light the tournament on fire in the round robin.

I think we're all just traumatized by the continual failures and choke jobs here.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I would not have thought that this team would have to rely on one line so strongly. It's a slightly worrying trend for this team.

What on earth has happened to Trevor Zegras? The guy has been a shadow of himself all season. Injuries, of course, but the signs were there from the beginning of the season.

Zegras, Farabee, Caufield, Tkachuk all need to get on the score sheet today.

Zegras isn't himself. He's playing with zero confidence, and his game is predicated on his confidence. Probably a combination of all the injuries this year, the tire fire that is Anaheim, and just the growing pains young skilled players go through as they evolve their games early in their careers.

Hopefully he can pot one today to get the food vibes going.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The PP is why you don't skip practice opportunities.

Why we don't always wear the 60/80 uniforms will always drive me bonkers. Such a beautiful sweater.

Poor Zegras and Caufield can't buy a break.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Boldy should be on this roster come the olympics imo. He's developed into such a well rounded winger.

Contributes defensively as well, and I think he's a better offensive player than his production thus far in his career.

If he keeps playing like he has (here and the NHL) I don't see him off of the best-of rosters. To your points he's well rounded, his production is more reflective of the Wild than his talent, he has size and length, and so far he answered the call here and has been their best player, which has to be a heavy factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad