2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
There were two empty seats behind my season tix last night at the game. There is never the same people in them and there are about eight in a row that are always for sale. Has to be a ticket reseller and looks like the didn’t sell those last night. Talked to someone in the lower bowl who listed his tickets for all three games just to lower his cost, wasn’t above face value. Never sold them once,

Just because it’s never the same people doesn’t mean it’s a reseller. Could be a company that gives them to clients and staff like I did for 25 years with 4 tickets. And sometimes they go unused. Maybe the guy in the lower bowl has shitty seats comparatively speaking to what others were available on the resale market.

Either way the tickets were still sold by the Oilers. Dont get what the concern is about resale tickets. Yes they are stupid expensive. But the building looked pretty full of people having a total blast to me.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Just because it’s never the same people doesn’t mean it’s a reseller. Could be a company that gives them to clients and staff like I did for 25 years with 4 tickets. And sometimes they go unused. Maybe the guy in the lower bowl has shitty seats comparatively speaking to what others were available on the resale market.

Either way the tickets were still sold by the Oilers. Dont get what the concern is about resale tickets. Yes they are stupid expensive. But the building looked pretty full of people having a total blast to me.
Oh I’m sure it’s a reseller, those same group of tickets are always for sale on the resell market.

I’m actually not really concerned about it, I was just responding to your post that the resale market will be expensive. It was a ton of fun in there and Im sure the next round will be the same.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oh I’m sure it’s a reseller, those same group of tickets are always for sale on the resell market.

I’m actually not really concerned about it, I was just responding to your post that the resale market will be expensive. It was a ton of fun in there and Im sure the next round will be the same.

I can’t wait for round 2! I missed round 1!

Reactions: Sra1974

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
If it's Nashville, I expect resellers to lose money like they did with LA, selling tickets below face value to recoup costs.

If it's Vancouver, the secondary market will be wild and those seats WILL go.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If it's Nashville, I expect resellers to lose money like they did with LA, selling tickets below face value to recoup costs.

If it's Vancouver, the secondary market will be wild and those seats WILL go.

If I remember right seats next to me in 217 for the series against the Flames were selling for over $800/game. I imagine it will be in that ballpark at least, hopefully more to keep as much Nuck scum out of the rink as possible.

lbc9876

Apr 5, 2019
At least the season ticket holders don't really get rinsed too badly. There is about a $70 spread between the price I paid for each of my seats and face value from the Oilers, which is pretty strong on a one game basis.

Another weird thing - the available tickets today have changed throughout the day. There are different seats available now than in the morning, and I'm talking about the seats the Oilers sell, not resale. There appears to be a lot more blue now than even a few hours ago. I have some friends that were thinking of going so I looked to see if there was any availability in my row this morning and there wasn't, but now there is.

Can't help but feel like someone, somewhere f***ed something up with this.
That's just an optical illusion Ticketmaster plays. They do it for concerts as well. There could be 2000 seats and they will make it seem full... Kind of a scam if you ask me.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

lbc9876

Apr 5, 2019
A potential Game 4 where few would buy especially with the Nucks in the lead shows well over 2000 tickets available in an 18,000 person arena. So between whoever wanted tickets for this game today, and how many SSH are going to the playoffs but not renewing... This number is gonna get a WHOLE lot bigger. If they don't get Connor and Leon signing up soon, I can't even imagine what this seating chart will look like. A big fking smurf.

1714764603512.png

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
A potential Game 4 where few would buy especially with the Nucks in the lead shows well over 2000 tickets available in an 18,000 person arena. So between whoever wanted tickets for this game today, and how many SSH are going to the playoffs but not renewing... This number is gonna get a WHOLE lot bigger. If they don't get Connor and Leon signing up soon, I can't even imagine what this seating chart will look like. A big fking smurf.

View attachment 864183
Thats for the Oilers Home game 4, which would be the Series game 7. If it is Blue, then its the Oilers selling them not resellers (which are pink). There is an extra fee on ticketmaster for resellers. Use FansFirst or buy mine...

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017

View attachment 864183
I'm looking to buy game 1 and 2 right now. I dont think there's any market for buying a game 4 in edmonton right now. Chance are we play Vancouver so there would be no game 4 at home. If nashville comes out on top more people well start buying that game.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

View attachment 864183

You do realize there is no Game 4 if we play the Canucks which is the most likely option at this point. Nobody is buying expensive tickets for a game that probably won’t happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad