Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: Ángel Hernández to retire: Much-maligned MLB umpire calling it quits

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Kids go hungry tonight.

Screenshot_20240328_125134_Twitter.jpg

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
series continues w/ Somerset @ 6:35.... Starter Wilkelman Gonzalez;

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
LOL, I remember when the Rangers did this at their old ballpark (natural grass). My brother was PISSED about that. The events staff insisted that the greens be grass, not mats. It literally took him weeks to get rid of those stupid green outlines in the outfield grass. He took a lot of good natured ribbing from his fellow grounds crew guys on other MLB teams. I think they ended up re-sodding the entire outfield because of that.

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

This guy is not good

He was hitting decent down in Worcester for a hot minute. He comes up here and looks lost at the plate. His swings have no patience. It's wild. I remember him on the Braves and I don't remember him at the plate like this.

I don't understand it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He was hitting decent down in Worcester for a hot minute. He comes up here and looks lost at the plate. His swings have no patience. It's wild. I remember him on the Braves and I don't remember him at the plate like this.

I don't understand it.
Lost a bunch of weight because he caught the flu as he was getting called up (very 2024 Sox) and he definitely looks like he’s physically weak right now. Bat is just slow right now, dragging through the zone. I’d personally option him and call up Valdez. Lets Grissom get his strength back- he lost 14 lbs over 3 days- and Valdez is hitting the hell out of the ball in Worcester so he comes up with confidence. Grissom can come back up when he starts percolating down there

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Lost a bunch of weight because he caught the flu as he was getting called up (very 2024 Sox) and he definitely looks like he’s physically weak right now. Bat is just slow right now, dragging through the zone. I’d personally option him and call up Valdez. Lets Grissom get his strength back- he lost 14 lbs over 3 days- and Valdez is hitting the hell out of the ball in Worcester so he comes up with confidence. Grissom can come back up when he starts percolating down there
I forgot he was sick. Good call. He definitely needs to get his strength up because he does look weak.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad