2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I lived near Spokane as a kid, playing hockey and going to Chiefs games so I am a bit of a fan of Catton. I wouldn't mind getting another Keller/Cooley type player.

Sam Dickinson 6'2.75" 203 lbs and 3.64% body fat! also tied for 2nd in Bench.
I was born in Spokane. Went to Chiefs games during the Ljnk Gaetz, Troy Gamble era.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
After the last several drafts, I'm trusting the scouting staff to come up with the best players.

I didn't do any scouting on Simashev/But when they were drafted, but since then I have and I love the picks.
The year before that I thought they blew it with Geekie, and I stated I'd trade him straight up for Kulich at the time and the year after, but after seeing the progression Geekie made this last year to his consistency, I'm a huge believer in Geekie and he and Doan were probably 2 of our best players at camp last year.

This is the best group of 'prospects' this franchise has ever had, so kudos to BA and scouting staff and I'm looking forward to tracking the 12 players they select this draft.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I lived near Spokane as a kid, playing hockey and going to Chiefs games so I am a bit of a fan of Catton. I wouldn't mind getting another Keller/Cooley type player.

Sam Dickinson 6'2.75" 203 lbs and 3.64% body fat! also tied for 2nd in Bench.
The run to the Memorial Cup final (and that he was great in the game) makes me think Dickenson will not fall to #6. :thumbd:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh please discus further on discord.
Yes! Join the discord @Mosby

I’ve heard we have Helenius in our top 5 so a dinner makes sense.
Well, he was ranked 8th on the last McKenzie poll despite getting 0 top 5 votes. So I’d guess that means all of the surveyed scouts likely had him 6th-10th. Which is pretty awesome.

Reactions: TimPrend

rt

May 13, 2004
BA & The Owskis sure know how to keep us on our toes. Imagine I told you all 72hrs ago that we’d have used our dinners on Lindstrom, Catton and Helenius and the rumors would be swirling around Sennecke and Helenius. The only D so far to even allude to Utah was Parekh of all players. Lol.

None of it means much. But it sure is surprising nonetheless.

I’m just glad this is such a good draft class. There are are 14 kids I’d be happy with at 6th. Haha.

Reactions: rams

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Bored and under the weather. Had a friend send me a scouting program, going to watch some Helenius tape. Any other names anyone curious about? No CHL on this particular program
Probably have time for 3 or 4 players

rt

May 13, 2004
Bored and under the weather. Had a friend send me a scouting program, going to watch some Helenius tape. Any other names anyone curious about? No CHL on this particular program
Probably have time for 3 or 4 players
So it’s Euro leagues?

Muggli - ZUG - SWI
Pulkkinen - JYP - FIN
Sahlin Wallenius - VAXJO JR. - SWE
Freij - VAXJO JR. - SWE
Badinka - MALMO - SWE
Shuravin - CSKA JR. - RUS
Soini - ILVES JR. - FIN
Vaisanen - KOOKOO - FIN
Eliasson - HV71 JR. - SWE
Ustinkov - ZURICH - SWI

These are 10 Defensemen usually ranked 33-100 and we’ve got a ton of picks in that range. If we’re seriously considering a forward at 6th, Im guessing we’ll go crazy on blue liners with those 6 picks we have from 38-100.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
So it’s Euro leagues?

Muggli - ZUG - SWI
Pulkkinen - JYP - FIN
Sahlin Wallenius - VAXJO JR. - SWE
Freij - VAXJO JR. - SWE
Badinka - MALMO - SWE
Shuravin - CSKA JR. - RUS
Soini - ILVES JR. - FIN
Vaisanen - KOOKOO - FIN
Eliasson - HV71 JR. - SWE
Ustinkov - ZURICH - SWI

These are 10 Defensemen usually ranked 33-100 and we’ve got a ton of picks in that range. If we’re seriously considering a forward at 6th, Im guessing we’ll go crazy on blue liners with those 6 picks we have from 38-100.
Yeh it's pretty much all the euro leagues and world tournaments.

Is there 2 you would like to know about the most?

Helenius reminding me of Schmaltz. Watched his game against Sweden at men's and he was great for an 18y/o. Was lazier but very skilled in a blowout at u-18 against Norway and isn't blowing me away like I thought he would in this current liiga game, fantastic hands and passing. Good vision. Is able to carry the puck and see teammates in tight areas. Was able to use the body to push older players back surprisingly well for his age.. don't think he's as shifty or elusive as Nylander but he's a bit more engaged than Schmaltz. Think he has potential to top out somewhere between the two. But that's if all goes right.

Also watched some Solberg last night. Reminded me of Roman Polak. He really needs to work on his hands. Passing was ok but he would lose the puck in his skates 1/3 times he'd skate with it. I wouldn't use a first on him

Reactions: Dog

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Yeh it's pretty much all the euro leagues and world tournaments.

Is there 2 you would like to know about the most?

Helenius reminding me of Schmaltz. Watched his game against Sweden at men's and he was great for an 18y/o. Was lazier but very skilled in a blowout at u-18 against Norway and isn't blowing me away like I thought he would in this current liiga game, fantastic hands and passing. Good vision. Is able to carry the puck and see teammates in tight areas. Was able to use the body to push older players back surprisingly well for his age.. don't think he's as shifty or elusive as Nylander but he's a bit more engaged than Schmaltz. Think he has potential to top out somewhere between the two. But that's if all goes right.

Also watched some Solberg last night. Reminded me of Roman Polak. He really needs to work on his hands. Passing was ok but he would lose the puck in his skates 1/3 times he'd skate with it. I wouldn't use a first on him
Solberg my guess will go in the mid 2nd round. Cant see 1st round and early 2nd round but maybe Sharks or Hawks pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad