Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Re: Lindstrom. I get a good chuckle out of people comparing him to Byfield and then someone else compared him to Evander Kane.

One step away from comparing him to Anson Carter and Donald Brasher :laugh:. It always seems to happen with black players.

He could be anyone from Mike Grier to Joel Ward to Evander Kane but he absolutely cannot be Jamie Benn, too NBA for that!
Or y'know, he's more similar to Byfield and Kane than he is to Benn. Seem to be ignoring the comparisons to Carter and Anderson as well.

He's fast, shoot first, plays north-south, and plays a power game.

So is Evander Kane. Byfield is pass-first but the rest are true (Aside from the power game, but he does have the same size profile).

Jamie Benn plays a power game but he excels in the cycle, isn't fast, and is pretty even between shooting/passing first.

But nah, I'm sure everyone making those comparisons are just racist.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yes, I defend myself. Deal with it. I'm not a fan of the nit pick gang who overlook the main point. Not one bit.

That took a while bud. Could have said you don't like comparisons a few posts ago. Weird though, you don't live for it but you laugh when others do it :sarcasm:
Just trying to see the logic behind it all. He can be two completely different players and either really good or really bad. And one of the players you chose has barely broken out. It just didn’t make any sense.

Or y'know, he's more similar to Byfield and Kane than he is to Benn. Seem to be ignoring the comparisons to Carter and Anderson as well.

So is Evander Kane. Byfield is pass-first but the rest are true (Aside from the power game, but he does have the same size profile).

Jamie Benn plays a power game but he excels in the cycle, isn't fast, and is pretty even between shooting/passing first.

Neither of us said those posters are racist. It just seems to happen a lot for black players. It’s an observation.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Just trying to see the logic behind it all. He can be two completely different players and either really good or really bad. And one of the players you chose has barely broken out. It just didn’t make any sense.

Neither of us said those posters are racist. It just seems to happen a lot for black players. It’s an observation.
The implication was obviously that the comparisons were being made along racial lines. Maybe not explicitly racist, but certainly insinuated that was the basis of his comparisons.

Reactions: Mrb1p

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The implication was obviously that the comparisons were being made along racial lines. Maybe not explicitly racist, but certainly insinuated that was the basis of his comparisons.
Yes, and I’m sure I’m guilty of it too in my daily life. It’s just the sad reality that we live in. It just becomes more obvious when it’s a written discussion.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It's not just black players, it's russian players, it's just a naturally dumb thing that happens when people rely on player comps to make their analysis.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
You know we're approaching the draft when the boys start getting feisty.

1715882011627.png

1715882058303.png

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'd love to know who are the 3 Left d-men that we already have that are better than Dickinson or Buium. I just don't understand not picking them if they believe they are great because we happen RIGHT NOW to have Guhle, Savard, Matheson, Harris, Hutson, Xhekaj. Both Savard and Matheson won't be here long term. Harris is totally expendable. Leaves Guhle, Hutson and Xhekaj. As much as I like him Hutson is still unknown. And Xhekaj is a 3rd pair d-man. Both Dickinson and Buium are superior to them.

This habs team STILL, to this day, as gaps everywhere.

You're absolutely correct.

The real scary part is Kent Hughes saying "we're good on LHD".

Holy shit dude, back off will ya?
Don't pull this shit with me bud lol

I know you're defenses are all up right now since you've been going at it pretty hard with a couple of ghe guys and that's cool, its youre prerogative and you do you
And you obviously like a spirited debate with people who like to reciprocate that feeling

I made a general comment in jest how Anderson being brought up is obviously a big turn off right now, as I despise him and what he's become

But you feel insecurely targeted and lash out like this?

I actually used to like your takes in the past,
Now, draft season comes around and some of the more interesting threads all of a sudden get constantly littered with your 'No, only 'I' know what's best' posts and they get a little annoying now if I'm being honest lol

Anyway
Settle down a bit FFS
We know you like Iginla, but you dont have to start a gospel on it christ (they ain't taking him anyway sorry)

:popcorn:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yes, unfounded claim with no names or even a legit case just hearsay from a media hit piece. Also, If you think he is the only player in history to have said bad words to another players I have words for you. Also very important, he was /is a kid, people can evolve when they mature and learn from past mistake. Newsflash to all, NHL players are not perfect citizen or good role model either.
His rap sheet continues. Just over a week ago, he singlehandedly cost Team USA a championship with his dumbass selfish 5-minute major penalty with a lead in the 3rd period of the final. Glad to know there is evidence of him evolving and maturing.

Every player and staff member of that team will always think of Trevor Connelly as the jerk who cost them a gold medal.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
His rap sheet continues. Just over a week ago, he singlehandedly cost Team USA a championship with his dumbass selfish 5-minute major penalty with a lead in the 3rd period of the final. Glad to know there is evidence of him evolving and maturing.

Every player and staff member of that team will always think of Trevor Connelly as the jerk who cost them a gold medal.
That team dump in his bag must have been rancid

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The biggest mistake we could make is picking Lindstrom with Iginla being available.
I don’t know man. Lidstrom has size and a meanness to his game that would be great. He can also play center and with Dach’s health being a question mark, that could turn out to be really beneficial.

I'd love to know who are the 3 Left d-men that we already have that are better than Dickinson or Buium. I just don't understand not picking them if they believe they are great because we happen RIGHT NOW to have Guhle, Savard, Matheson, Harris, Hutson, Xhekaj. Both Savard and Matheson won't be here long term. Harris is totally expendable. Leaves Guhle, Hutson and Xhekaj. As much as I like him Hutson is still unknown. And Xhekaj is a 3rd pair d-man. Both Dickinson and Buium are superior to them.

This habs team STILL, to this day, as gaps everywhere.
Ghule and Hutson are in the lineup. Are we going to draft Buium and play him or the others on the third?

And it’s going to take time to develop him. He’s probably not in the lineup for another two years. Why would you draft him when there is no consensus on BPA and we need a forward?

I like Connelly. Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what makes you cheer.
Boo! Boo! I say. Boo this man.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is Demidov really at 181 lbs?

When watching some video on him, I see P Kane type player. A dynamic puck possession winger. In open space, he's going to burn you with that skill.

One of the things I see lacking in available video is how he handles contact and scrums along the boards.

He's deceptive with his stick handling and skating... kind of like how Hutson makes you look bad.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't come out of this draft with one of Demidov or Iginla.

I keep going back and forth between the two. I think Demidov is better with open space but I really like Iggy's overall game. That combo of skill/skating/shot/size/vision/compete package has me drooling over what he can be in the NHL once he is fully developed.

There is a lot of parallels between these two. The one area I think Iggy separates himself if his ability to overcome small tight spaces along the boards. When I watch his play along the boards, his IQ is just off the charts for what you would expect for someone so young. No doubt his father has taught him well in that area. Likely told him a bunch of times... "If you want to make the NHL and be effective, you're going to have to learn how to deal with less time and space and the physical areas". He's really good at using his body as leverage and he is always moving his feet.

I'm not worried about the D potential one bit. I think there is a very good chance there is a D taken 2, 3, 4. There is no real BPA from 2-10. That will only exist when we look back in a few years. Forwards like Demidov, Iggy, Catton, Sennecke, Lindstrom all have massive potential as well.

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't come out of this draft with one of Demidov or Iginla.

I keep going back and forth between the two. I think Demidov is better with open space but I really like Iggy's overall game. That combo of skill/skating/shot/size/vision/compete package has be drooling over what he can be in the NHL once he is fully developed.

There is a lot of parallels between these two. The one area I think Iggy separates himself if his ability to overcome small tight spaces along the boards. When I watch his play along the boards, his IQ is just off the charts for what you would expect for someone so young. No doubt his father has taught him well in that area. Likely told him a bunch of times... "If you want to make the NHL and be effective, you're going to have to learn how to deal with less time and space and the physical areas". He's really good at using his body as leverage and he is always moving his feet.

I'm not worried about the D potential one bit. I think there is a very good chance there is a D taken 2, 3, 4. There is no real BPA from 2-10. That will only exist when we look back in a few years. Forwards like Demidov, Iggy, Catton, Sennecke, Lindstrom all have massive potential as well.

We already made the mistake of passing over a Kachook.

We can't make the same mistake of passing over an IGINLA!

😍

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
If Lindstrom is available I take him, which means Demidov isn't, if both are gone the safe pick is Iginla and try to move up with Winnipeg's pick.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I love Dickinson, I've had him rated as my top D for most of the year until recently.

But I don't see him as a massive upgrade on Guhle who fits the timeline better. When you're picking top 5 and how quickly top 10 prospects make an impact these days, you have to look at what brings the overall biggest impact and improvement to your roster and I can't get an evaluation on Dickinson where he's a sure thing better than Guhle and the dimensions are practically the same.

Great player, wrong fit.
Is Reinbacher gonna be better than Guhle?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
In all my years on HFBoards, I don't remember this forum ever being this split in terms of who they prefer to draft. Yes, there's always been a few players that most of us wanted, but if you look at this draft, there are about 8 or 9 players who veteran posters seem to have as their favourite. It's nuts.

Maim boards result for LD rankings;

After 200 votes

Buium 53%
Slayer 24%
Dickinson 23%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad