• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 19.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Elick is painful with the puck. No vision. No IQ. That's not a guy I'm spending a 1st on.
I wouldn’t draft him for his offensive quality but for his defensive play and his physicality. I like how he defends the rush and he’s a great skater. I did see a big step in his transition game since the start of the season too

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’m starting to really like the Charlie Elick option, he could be a good partner for Huston.

Boisvert
Basha
Masse

Are other option I like
Yes. A thousand times yes. He's nastyyyyyy. He's also the best in the draft class at defending IMO. Followed closely by Muggli and Dickinson. Don't believe the hype on his "bad skills" too, he's more than adequate and has a lot of room to grow. Anyway, you don't draft him for goals or assists, you draft him because he's going to be Chiarot levels of nasty.

Reactions: Andrei79

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wouldn’t draft him for his offensive quality but for his defensive play and his physicality. I like how he defends the rush and he’s a great skater. I did see a big step in his transition game since the start of the season too

I just don't think I draft a strictly defensive zone player in the first round. With the Colorado Pick, sure, I got no qualms but I don't think he will be there then. One of those things where we just don't have a pick in the range where it makes sense to select that particular player.

Our 2nd 1st if we draft with it should be on the forward side of things again unless Jiricek is sitting there, that's a great gamble on a RD who can do a lot of the things Elick can do on the back end but has more upside offensively.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes. A thousand times yes. He's nastyyyyyy. He's also the best in the draft class at defending IMO. Followed closely by Muggli and Dickinson. Don't believe the hype on his "bad skills" too, he's more than adequate and has a lot of room to grow. Anyway, you don't draft him for goals or assists, you draft him because he's going to be Chiarot levels of nasty.
Exact he’s not a sexy pick but he’s gonna be really useful player when you will be in the playoff. Type of player that miss in Toronto

Reactions: ginomini and Mrb1p

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Does Helenius play like Saku Koivu? Is he as combative as Saku Koivu? If he does, I am all for drafting him. Koivu would have led to a Cup if William didn't carve his eyes out.

Reactions: Jabba11

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I just don't think I draft a strictly defensive zone player in the first round. With the Colorado Pick, sure, I got no qualms but I don't think he will be there then. One of those things where we just don't have a pick in the range where it makes sense to select that particular player.

Our 2nd 1st if we draft with it should be on the forward side of things again unless Jiricek is sitting there, that's a great gamble on a RD who can do a lot of the things Elick can do on the back end but has more upside offensively.
Personally, I prefer drafting a defensive/physical beast with a late pick then a middle 6 player or a soft offensive Dmen but that’s my philosophy

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Personally, I prefer drafting a defensive/physical beast with a late pick then a middle 6 player or a soft offensive Dmen but that’s my philosophy

Sure but that defenseman has to be able to transition at some level. If he can't then I'd prefer a middle 6 player to a defenseman who can't do anything but PK.

Reactions: sampollock

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Sure but that defenseman has to be able to transition at some level. If he can't then I'd prefer a middle 6 player to a defenseman who can't do anything but PK.
Moving the puck will never be a big part of his game but I do think he can make those little transition pass and move the puck quickly when he have it and with his skating and he can move the puck out of the zone. A little bit like Chairot did here

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Moving the puck will never be a big part of his game but I do think he can make those little transition pass and move the puck quickly when he have it and with his skating and he can move the puck out of the zone. A little bit like Chairot did here
Why would he need to move the puck anyway if he's to be paired with Hutson

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Why would he need to move the puck anyway if he's to be paired with Hutson
He would be so much a nice fit with Hutson. He got the mobility to play with him, will win the net battle, corner battle and can be nasty against other team forward who take advantage of Huston.

Huston would have all the liberty to play his game
In the Ozone

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
He would be so much a nice fit with Hutson. He got the mobility to play with him, will win the net battle, corner battle and can be nasty against other team forward who take advantage of Huston.

Huston would have all the liberty to play his game
In the Ozone
How is Elick compared to Emery?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I prefer Elick, he's better defensively, more physical and he is a similar level of skater. They are very similar players overall.
I asked because i think Emery would be disponible with our 2nd round pick while we would probably need to use our late 1st on Elick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Indeed, if they have a list of 5 players(still available) whom are really close in term of talent and potential, they can trade down.
I find trading down useless for the Habs considering they already have a second 1st rounder and a lot of picks next year. You might as well just take the player you like the most in a draft this open.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
It’s cool to see people getting excited about some of the talent in this draft. I like 3 prospects in around the 5th pick & 4 prospects wherever the Winnipeg falls. Really though how nice would CelebriniTime be, lol.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Then does it worth it to pick him at 5th?
I'm not opposed to the idea. The only worry I have is whether his compete level will ever match up to the NHL playoffs, at his size, or not. It's what would make me pick Iginla over Helenius. That considered both of them have great puck possession skills, so it would be an okay pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad