GDT: 2024 NCAA Regionals/Frozen Four Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lol, as someone who loves both hockey and basketball I know from my many decades in hockey locker rooms that I am a very rare breed. Can probably count on one hand and still have fingers left over the number of basketball fans I've met at ice rinks.
It's not so much that. I used to be a fan of basketball. Loved watching the sport growing up during the Jordan era. It's just... the sport has kinda gone to absolute shit over the past 10-15 years. It's soft, and there's zero defense for 95% of the teams, and it regularly just becomes a "who can make more 3's" contest. It's difficult to watch most the time.

Reactions: Crow

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
It's not so much that. I used to be a fan of basketball. Loved watching the sport growing up during the Jordan era. It's just... the sport has kinda gone to absolute shit over the past 10-15 years. It's soft, and there's zero defense for 95% of the teams, and it regularly just becomes a "who can make more 3's" contest. It's difficult to watch most the time.

I should've prefaced that by saying "except during the Jordan era" Everyone followed the Bulls back then, even us cavemen hockey players.

Yea the game has changed a lot and not for the better. No argument there.

Reactions: Crow and ChiHawks10

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
BU(Ryan Greene) vs Denver(Aidan Thompson) at 4pm central today.

I have not watched much of Thompson this season but have watched Greene a lot the past two years and he seems to be playing his best NCAA hockey in the last 1/2 dozen games or so.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
BU(Ryan Greene) vs Denver(Aidan Thompson) at 4pm central today.

I have not watched much of Thompson this season but have watched Greene a lot the past two years and he seems to be playing his best NCAA hockey in the last 1/2 dozen games or so.
Both listed as second line center on the line chart.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8230.jpeg
IMG_8229.jpeg

Reactions: TLEH

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Greene and Thompson no.points..2 shots on goal each on 3 shot attempts each ..Greene -1...
Both under50% on draws..

=nothingburgers..

Macklin Celebrini 8 shotsvon goal outvof 16 shot attempts...No points...but 15/22 on draws.

Obviously 16 shot attempts=ice tilted on his shifts...puck gets into o-zone when he is out there..but could not beat tge Denver goalie tonight.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I can't see Michigan beating BC but I hope like hell they do.. and this is coming from someone who hates Michigan.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Michigan coach must have had to put his pettiness aside and play his actual top centre as the top centre. Ridiculous how Nazar has been used this year.

When he was centering the third line, that was horrible. Outside of that, it's mostly been his PP usage that's been annoying this year. I never minded Nazar basically anchoring his own line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad