Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I’m 100% behind Zacha staying, provided they bring in enough talent in the middle to move him back to wing.
I am with you on Zacha, but I must admit I am a little disappointed in his playoff production. I think he has a great shot needs to use it more, maybe playing with Past plays into it looking for Pasta too much, I would like to see him improve his accuracy though. As far Tukka goes he deserves all the shit thrown at him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That presser is making the rounds on all my group chats here. Pointing out he's not wearing a Canucks hat but that's the over-analysis that is going on with his no-show since Feb.

Very strange. When he's on, he's a Top 20 player in the world. I don't think it's a case that he's got the big contract now he feels he can rest on his laurels. There is more than meets the eye here.

Reactions: Coach Parker

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
IMO Lindholm-Lohrei-Wotherspoon is far more Cap efficient. No way I am spending anything over 2M for him.
Don’t get me wrong that combination is working now but why wouldn’t you want to upgrade it?

Dillon averages 19 mins a night, always top amongst defenseman in hits, sticks up for teammates, takes on huge PK minutes, durable, you name it

Not to mention he would have been 2nd on our team among defenseman in goals but he’s only worth 2 million…?

Wotherspoon is holding is own but jeez the amount of people penciling him in our starting lineup next year with his 0 goals and over 20 million in cap space really want us to stay mid and defensively soft

Reactions: 22Brad Park

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Don’t get me wrong that combination is working now but why wouldn’t you want to upgrade it?

Dillon averages 19 mins a night, always top amongst defenseman in hits, sticks up for teammates, takes on huge PK minutes, durable, you name it

Not to mention he would have been 2nd on our team among defenseman in goals but he’s only worth 2 million…?

Wotherspoon is holding is own but jeez the amount of people penciling him in our starting lineup next year with his 0 goals and over 20 million in cap space really want us to stay mid and defensively soft

I think the odds of our top 6 not having Spoon in it next year are almost 0%.

But particularly when you consider all our needs at F.

This group of D playing game 6, that's your 6 next year.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It's going to be much less than people want unless he's part of a larger trade package. Realistically, you're looking at a second-round pick at best in my opinion.

I'm not so sure. There's a good number of teams who are in dire need of a number 1 goaltender to be a true contender. If they can convince Linus to lift his no trade clause to certain teams, Bruins could have a bidding war for him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
After EDM gets eliminated they clearly need a goalie. Send Ulmark and some D for Drai instead of letting him go into his final year before UFA. A boy can dream 🛌
I like Draistl but he will be too costly to resign and that will put the whole cap situation out of whack

Send McAvoy and Poitras to Edm for Draisaitl and Ullmark and Zacha to Ottawa for Chychrun. Best I can come up with based on extensions with both.
We all have seen McAvoy struggle this post season, but Chychrun is no McAvoy,

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Brazzeau or another UFA like Marchessault?

I like Marchessault, I’m not super confident with Brazeau, I’d rather he stay in the fourth line role next year and slot up if he’s killing it

I honestly still like Bertuzzi, for better or worse. He adds sandpaper to the top of the lineup that just isn’t there otherwise. I’m not sure if Stephenson plays that way or not, someone that watches more hockey than me could weight in, but the limited exposure I’ve had to him, and his stats tell me he’s the best guy in free agency for us.

I’d like those two, Debrusk, Swayman, and Maroon back, not necessarily in that order. 😂.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think the odds of our top 6 not having Spoon in it next year are almost 0%.

But particularly when you consider all our needs at F.

This group of D playing game 6, that's your 6 next year.
How can you possibly think it’s a 0% chance? Do you not want to get better?

Spoon is definitely served better as your 7th…I don't know how someone would think otherwise unless you want to spend 25m when you trade Ullmark on just forwards?

Would love to see the left side of that defense if Lindholm gets hurt and Lohrei has a sophomore slump….oh boy

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Spoon is definitely served better as your 7th…I don't know how someone would think otherwise unless you want to spend 25m when you trade Ullmark on just forwards?

Would love to see the left side of that defense if Lindholm gets hurt and Lohrei has a sophomore slump….oh boy

You have to give raises to Sway and Debrusk, and probably Heinen (at least a non-zero chance he stays). Maybe Boqvist too. So you don't have 25M.
'
Then you have raises one more year away for Lohrei, Freddy, Brazeau, maybe Geekie.

It's not as much money as you think. I recognize that if they spend the money up front, it's doubtful they keep both Heinen and Boqvist.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

Right, Wotherspoon is the perfect 7th defenseman. Anything more isn't ideal.

Reactions: CellyHard

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Right, Wotherspoon is the perfect 7th defenseman. Anything more isn't ideal.

He's been rock solid all playoffs, and is starting ahead of Forbort, Gryz, and Shatty.

Sorry guys, the evidence doesn't line up with this notion of him being a 7. Forbort, Gryz and Shatty will have jobs in starting 6's next year (just not ours).

Spoon is like a Chris Philips type. But it works.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think someone significant gets moved….aside from Ullmark.

Frederic, Lindholm, Coyle, Carlo among those I’m thinking.

Not guaranteeing it. Just a feeling, especially if they don’t get past Florida.

Reactions: Gordoff

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
He's been rock solid all playoffs, and is starting ahead of Forbort, Gryz, and Shatty.

Sorry guys, the evidence doesn't line up with this notion of him being a 7. Forbort, Gryz and Shatty will have jobs in starting 6's next year (just not ours).

Spoon is like a Chris Philips type. But it works.

Could be a late bloomer like Boychuk. I would be happily surprised

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Wouldn't shock me to see Sweeney offer Gryz\Forbort a Shattenkirkt deal plus a year.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think someone significant gets moved….aside from Ullmark.

Frederic, Lindholm, Coyle, Carlo among those I’m thinking.

Not guaranteeing it. Just a feeling, especially if they don’t get past Florida.
Never say never but Lindholm has full NTC\NMC
Frederic is on a great deal next year still.
They love Carlo\Coyle.

I think you will see Lindholm or Stevenson, Bertuzzi brought in if #74 is gone.

Reactions: sarge88

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
There's a HUGE difference though. Schneider was 26yrs old and under contract for 2 more years. NJD saw him as a long-term investment. Ullmark is going to be 31yrs old with only a year left on his contract. In the 3 years leading up to being traded (or in Ullmark's case potentially being traded)

Schneider - 2.09 GAA / .931 SV% / 9 SO
Ullmark - 2.28 GAA / .924 SV% / 5 SO

I'd think Ullmark's value is closer to what Kuemper got, though I'd argue he's worth slight more.

I agree with the thrust of what you are saying, but don’t think comparing goalie stats from any era to the giant pad era is completely on the level.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If Drai has truly expressed interest in leaving Edm and coming here you throw whatever you can not named Swayman, Mac, and Pasta to get him before free agency. More likely if he wants to be here it’s in next years free agency.
Edmonton cannot let Draisaitl walk for nothing, I think they either move him this off season (assuming they lose this round) or they give him big money to resign.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Never say never but Lindholm has full NTC\NMC
Frederic is on a great deal next year still.
They love Carlo\Coyle.

I think you will see Lindholm or Stevenson, Bertuzzi brought in if #74 is gone.

And Lindhom's contract might be a bit rich for some at the moment. And face it if you move him, you have to get a #1 LHD in return (or somewhere else)

Same thing if you move Carlo, you need to get an absolute horse of second pairing RHD in return, unless you believe Peek. I like Peeke, but he is a substantial downgrade from Carlo, and even moving him would open a significant hole.

Wouldn't shock me to see Sweeney offer Gryz\Forbort a Shattenkirkt deal plus a year.

I could maybe see Forbort more than Gryz. Gryz just doesn't fit at all. But the only way that happens if if both of them pass through the regular FA market and end up in the remnant market in August, and I think both will do better than a deal as a #7 dman. I would assume as much as Gryz likes Boston, he would probably want to go to a place where he might have a chance of playing postseason hockey because clearly this org feels he is inadequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad