Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I am Sweeney I wait to see what Oilers want to do with Draisaitl.They have McDavid coming due and Bouchard same time the season after & experts seem to be thinking Bouchard will be getting 10 million + per season.We all know McDavid is getting the bag so if they pay Draisaitl say 13 per you are looking at roughly between say 33 to 40 million of your cap on 3 players.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't, but I am sure I will be overruled. Go younger, more physical.

If they truly upgrade the way they should, I can’t see why or where.

Perfect world…

Zacha (new 1C) Pasta
Marchand (Coyle/Poitras) JDB or Replacement
Frederic (Coyle/Poitras) Geekie
Lauko Beecher Brazeau

Waiting in the wings (pun intended):

Lysell, Merkulov, Kuntar?, others?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Keumper brought back a 1st and 3rd. Ullmark is worth at least that

Could be. I know there is 1 year left on his deal, but I would suspect any team dealing for him negotiates an extension. Ulmark strikes me as a guy who if it is a place he is willing to go, he is likely to be amenable to an extension

Although there might be some teams who just want the rental

Reactions: bbfan419

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I am getting more interested in Stephenson. I wouldn’t worry about the label of 1st line, 2nd line, etc. But more importantly the idea of having three lines I can roll, and a respectable fourth line. Who to put with that Marchand line is a big deal too. I love Heinen, but I think we need a big offensive upgrade.

Debrusk- Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Stephenson- ?
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie

I think that’s good depth , and your game plan is that with a solid defense and a strong goaltender, at least one of those lines should be able to lead you on any given night.

Reactions: sarge88

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Schneider #9OA

There's a HUGE difference though. Schneider was 26yrs old and under contract for 2 more years. NJD saw him as a long-term investment. Ullmark is going to be 31yrs old with only a year left on his contract. In the 3 years leading up to being traded (or in Ullmark's case potentially being traded)

Schneider - 2.09 GAA / .931 SV% / 9 SO
Ullmark - 2.28 GAA / .924 SV% / 5 SO

I'd think Ullmark's value is closer to what Kuemper got, though I'd argue he's worth slight more.

Reactions: HustleB

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I am getting more interested in Stephenson. I wouldn’t worry about the label of 1st line, 2nd line, etc. But more importantly the idea of having three lines I can roll, and a respectable fourth line. Who to put with that Marchand line is a big deal too. I love Heinen, but I think we need a big offensive upgrade.

Debrusk- Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Stephenson- ?
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie

I think that’s good depth , and your game plan is that with a solid defense and a strong goaltender, at least one of those lines should be able to lead you on any given night.
Brazzeau or another UFA like Marchessault?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The market price for Ullmark will be inflated due to fact that the UFA goalie market is terribly weak this summer. There isn't a sure fire upgrade on the list.

Ullmark and Markstrom will be heavily pursued by GMs who are bullish on upgrading their goaltending situation.

I have no idea what their value would be. But the lack of supply should help the Bruins get a better return if they go down that route.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
There's a HUGE difference though. Schneider was 26yrs old and under contract for 2 more years. NJD saw him as a long-term investment. Ullmark is going to be 31yrs old with only a year left on his contract. In the 3 years leading up to being traded (or in Ullmark's case potentially being traded)

Schneider - 2.09 GAA / .931 SV% / 9 SO
Ullmark - 2.28 GAA / .924 SV% / 5 SO

I'd think Ullmark's value is closer to what Kuemper got, though I'd argue he's worth slight more.
Kuempers return is still good, especially for a draft starved team in '24.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
The market price for Ullmark will be inflated due to fact that the UFA goalie market is terribly weak this summer. There isn't a sure fire upgrade on the list.

Ullmark and Markstrom will be heavily pursued by GMs who are bullish on upgrading their goaltending situation.

I have no idea what their value would be. But the lack of supply should help the Bruins get a better return if they go down that route.

Cap increase helps too!

But I think you're underestimating stuff like Cam Talbot, Stolarz, Lankinen, Francouz

There's guys there people will want

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kuempers return is still good, especially for a draft starved team in '24.
No, not at all.

I'm curious what teams could be suiters for Ullmark. NJD seems like an obvious one that's been talked about. I'm curious if there are some teams that were bubble playoff teams that likely could have made it with better goaltending:

DET, MIN, PHI. Could a team like Utah look to bring him in with a ton of cap space and wanting to try and put a playoff level team on the ice?

I think there could be a lot of options out there. Ullmark will have a 15 team NTC next season, so he can still dictate things to an extent

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zacha to me is a good complimentary piece - real good top 9, good top 6 who can play both special teams

I like him on LW more then center but he’s more then ok at center

Goals win games and it’s obvious he needs to score but he’s played well most shifts/games

He’s good on the kill and he made a high skilled pass to Brazeau late in game 5 that just missed

If he’s your top center he probably is a place holder but he can play 1LW across from Pastrnak and do well

He’s still getting better I thought during year grabbing 59 points with no Krejci

Most rationale people here or the many i personally know this place eats their young and everyone of these guys is flawed and deficient in an area be it physicality or turnovers or goal scoring

If you went to point out flaws you can pick someone you don’t like and have at it

It’s tiresome but whatever

As for 24-25

I’m interested in where Zacha is in lineup next season - if JDB leaves gotta think LW

Ideally I’d sign 74 and as Marchand gets closer to 40 end up with DeBrusk & Zacha as my top 2 LW

Brad I’d tske over at 3 more productive years - I think he eventually gets 500 goals

Reactions: Ritmo

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
No, not at all.

I'm curious what teams could be suiters for Ullmark. NJD seems like an obvious one that's been talked about. I'm curious if there are some teams that were bubble playoff teams that likely could have made it with better goaltending:

DET, MIN, PHI. Could a team like Utah look to bring him in with a ton of cap space and wanting to try and put a playoff level team on the ice?

I think there could be a lot of options out there. Ullmark will have a 15 team NTC next season, so he can still dictate things to an extent
Philadelphia just signed the Russian goalie.Edm definitely could use better goaltending.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Zacha to me is a good complimentary piece - real good top 9, good top 6 who can play both special teams

I like him on LW more then center but he’s more then ok at center

Goals win games and it’s obvious he needs to score but he’s played well most shifts/games

He’s good on the kill and he made a high skilled pass to Brazeau late in game 5 that just missed

If he’s your top center he probably is a place holder but he can play 1LW across from Pastrnak and do well

He’s still getting better I thought during year grabbing 59 points with no Krejci

Most rationale people here or the many i personally know this place eats their young and everyone of these guys is flawed and deficient in an area be it physicality or turnovers or goal scoring

If you went to point out flaws you can pick someone you don’t like and have at it

It’s tiresome but whatever

As for 24-25

I’m interested in where Zacha is in lineup next season - if JDB leaves gotta think LW

Ideally I’d sign 74 and as Marchand gets closer to 40 end up with DeBrusk & Zacha as my top 2 LW

Brad I’d tske over at 3 more productive years - I think he eventually gets 500 goals

Yeah they'll have him at LW next year is my sense.

I also like that he'll probably stay under 5.25M after.

Reactions: HustleB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Cap increase helps too!

But I think you're underestimating stuff like Cam Talbot, Stolarz, Lankinen, Francouz

There's guys there people will want

I can think of a word that has the same number of syllables as "stuff" and also starts with an "s" but is then followed by an "h" and it would be a more appropriate description of that list.

Francouz just retired.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Philadelphia just signed the Russian goalie.Edm definitely could use better goaltending.

He has all of 3 game played in the NHL and he's 27yrs old. He's a massive unknown for the Flyers. They'd 100% benefit from having a legit NHL starting goalie who help them win games while also mentoring Fedotov as he adjust to hockey in North America.

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Well if they want to move Petterson, I'd take the contract. I just can't imagine any way they would move him, nor could we make enough of an offer to get him .

No one should be that silly to overact to one postseason

It's been half the season and playoffs. I'm not exaggerating when I say STH and diehards are hating him right now. He's falling all over the place, not scoring, turning the puck over and being a liability out there to to the point of being called out and giving pretty bad answers in the media if you didn't see it already.

If the Canucks would even consider shopping Pettersson, we should be doing whatever we can to win that award. Absolute true blue number one and light years better than anything we could hope for otherwise.

Absolutely yes please daddy with a cherry on top, rubber and glue no returns period.

Seems to have an eye for finding his wingers in the right position. May be the perfect partner for Pastrnak longterm.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Somethings up with Petterson. He's a skilled guy but he plays hard, doesn't shy from contact. That presser the other day was bizarre.

That presser is making the rounds on all my group chats here. Pointing out he's not wearing a Canucks hat but that's the over-analysis that is going on with his no-show since Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad