Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I am not trading good NHL players for drat picks. I think Zacha is miscast as a #1 Center, and might consider dealing him in the right deal, but not for someone who if things go very well is a rookie depth player on the 2028/29 Bruins roster.

If I move Zacha it is part of the package to go out and bring in a better forward or a top pairing D.

I don't get the obsession with people who want draft picks who might help in 3-5 years so desperately
Zacha isn't bringing you back a top 6F or a top 4D man on his own. So who are you combining him with? He and Ullmark have partial NTC complicating them together.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Came on here to mention this. I've like Dillon but the age scares me. Sounds like a new deal will be less than the 3-4 he gets paid now. Don't know where he can play. Sounds like a bottom pairing guy but may be wrong. Want a tough stay at home to pair with Mac
Dillon would be a good fit but I actually think he’s going to get a raise from what he currently makes…however I think him being 33 (34 when season starts) makes it more likely we see it on short term. I think this actually favors the Bruins.

I could see something like 4.5 x 2

I really like Dillon as a realistic fall back option to Zadorov

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What makes you say that? We’re seeing all these highly skilled albeit super soft players struggle in the playoffs. Zegras seems to fit that bill to a T.

Who? Mitch Marner. Where are all the others?

I'm seeing plenty of skilled guys excel in the playoffs.

I'm basing it on what I saw of Zegras in the WJC. Made big plays in big moments, wanted the puck at critical times. Doesn't seem to mind the spotlight at all. I'll take a highly skilled player who can control his nervousness and maintain his composure and poise in the playoffs all day long. It's the skill guys like Marner who play uptight that struggle. To quote Terry Bradshaw, it's like playing with blinders on.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Dillon would be a good fit but I actually think he’s going to get a raise from what he currently makes…however I think him being 33 (34 when season starts) makes it more likely we see it on short term. I think this actually favors the Bruins.

I could see something like 4.5 x 2

I really like Dillon as a realistic fall back option to Zadorov
IMO Lindholm-Lohrei-Wotherspoon is far more Cap efficient. No way I am spending anything over 2M for him.

I'm basing it on what I saw of Zegras in the WJC. Made big plays in big moments, wanted the puck at critical times. Doesn't seem to mind the spotlight at all. I'll take a highly skilled player who can control his nervousness and maintain his composure and poise in the playoffs all day long. It's the skill guys like Marner who play uptight that struggle. To quote Terry Bradshaw, it's like playing with blinders on.
Been watching him for the US. He was terrible 1st two games. They play at 2 against France tiday. I'll be watching him.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

Elias Petterson is the other recent one coming to mind. To a lesser extent Mathew’s. Maybe he does well I don’t watch enough of the Ducks to know.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I could easily see Zegras being money in the playoffs.
I could see him being a complete disaster in the playoffs, doesn't hit, no block shots, sucks on face offs, defensive liability. Say what you want about Zacha but he plays both ends of the ice and he had 60 pts this year, he will also be helluva lot cheaper then EA coverboy Zegras.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I could see him being a complete disaster in the playoffs, doesn't hit, no block shots, sucks on face offs, defensive liability. Say what you want about Zacha but he plays both ends of the ice and he had 60 pts this year, he will also be helluva lot cheaper then EA coverboy Zegras.
Zacha 12 games 0 goals 5 assists, not exactly lighting it up in playoffs.

Although I agree, Zegras all flash zero substance.

Reactions: bbfan419

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I try to sign Reinhart and Stephenson

Zacha-Stephenson-Pasta
Freddy-Coyle-Reinhart
Marchand-Poitras-Brazeau/Geekie
Stephenson is doable, but no better than what we have. The only advantage is pushing Zacha to the wing, which is a good thing.

Reinhart is a dream. How much do you think he will ask? Pasta money for certain.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Zacha 12 games 0 goals 5 assists, not exactly lighting it up in playoffs.

Although I agree, Zegras all flash zero substance.
You are right the numbers don't lie, but I will still take my chances with Zacha, Zegras in opinion would be a headache .

cnosek6342

May 15, 2024
Massachusetts
I wonder if they look to trade 27 in the off-season. But I think It’s a given Linus is moved do we know what teams are on the list.

I would not mind bringing back Heinen and I ok letting Jake walk
There's no way they look to move Lindholm. He's been a total work-horse and a huge minutes eater. Ignore his offensive numbers from last season. He's not that guy. He is closer to a Carlo-type, stay-at-home defenseman than he is a Krug, puck-mover type.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well I wouldn't play him at C or ask him to take face-offs at all. I don't care if he hits people or blocks shots, that's not what he's being paid to do. He has to back-check hard and not cheat and blow the zone early, but that's all coachable stuff. His job is to get the puck through the neutral zone from the wing position and drive play in the offensive zone.

You can't teach his poise and touch and skilled play drivers aren't easy to find. There is a lot of work to be done for him no question but if I was his coach, I'd be salivating at a chance to refine his game and see him reach his potential.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not a fan of that lineup, start with Lindholm being overrated , contract I am sure will be to high. I do not see Danault being any better than what you have. Marchand's time as a 1st liner is over, or should be. Heinen is not worth brining back.
Do you bring #43 back at $1M?

Reactions: HustleB

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Stephenson is doable, but no better than what we have. The only advantage is pushing Zacha to the wing, which is a good thing.

Reinhart is a dream. How much do you think he will ask? Pasta money for certain.
Stephenson's speed is pretty important. Definite upgrade on Zacha. Get upgrades incrementally in top 6 makes a big difference as it impacts tour top 9F.

Stephenson is Paille with hands and a center. Both wear 20...lol.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
It's going to be much less than people want unless he's part of a larger trade package. Realistically, you're looking at a second-round pick at best in my opinion.
Goalies almost never bring back big returns. I'd hope we package something with Ullmark, maybe Lysell, to try to bring back a quality roster player.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad