Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Any GM who signs Debrusk this season has to do so understanding that he will be inconsistent during the regular season, but will be more effective and more consistent in the playoffs.

What is that worth on the open market? Hard to say really.

Bryan rust is the most comparable player to Debrusk from points to PP and PK deployments.

Rust got 6 years $30.75m.

Rust did have slightly better numbers than Debrusk so give that deal to Debrusk and say the point differential accounts for the cap increase.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
You're maybe the only person in the Bruin fandom viewing moving Coyle to wing as a positive. Congrats on a fresh take that I really haven't seen anywhere else.

Coyle and Danault are redundant. Both are ideally a 3C. Zacha-Danault-Geekie is not a 2nd line in any universe.

And Lindholm may be a good short term option but he's going to get a horrible contract this summer and I'm tired of trying to get out of bad UFA signings when they go stale after a couple seasons.
Coyle's otherwise good at center, but he's so horrible on face-offs in his own zone that he can't trusted in that role.

Lindholm will be a very good center for a lot longer than a couple of seasons. He'll be 30 on December 2. Danault probably has a shorter shelf life at 31. Trevor Moore, whom I really like is 29 and had 31 goals this year. I also really like Byfield.

No, that's not the best 2nd line ever, but Zacha is certainly a 2nd liner. We don't have the cap space to build an elite top 6 in one year.

Let's hear your ideas on how to rebuild the top 6 after Bergeron's and Krejci's retirement.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not really interested in Danualt, yes he is good at face-offs and solid on defense, but really he is not any better than Coyle, just sign Stephenson and trade Ullmark for picks or try to get a young player with upside like Dawson Mercer. I would also move Ullmark for Chychrun which apparently was discussed at the TDL. If we can sign Stephenson as a #2 C, then try to also get Lindholm or trade for another top 6 Center.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not really interested in Danualt, yes he is good at face-offs and solid on defense, but really he is not any better than Coyle, just sign Stephenson and trade Ullmark for picks or try to get a young player with upside like Dawson Mercer. I would also move Ullmark for Chychrun which apparently was discussed at the TDL. If we can sign Stephenson as a #2 C, then try to also get Lindholm or trade for another top 6 Center.
Does Ullmark still have any kind of no trade clause on his contract

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Now, speaking of C and potential reclamation projects...

Does the risk/reward/need make you target Elias...Pettersson not Lindholm? He is playing his way out of town before the contract even kicks in.

Something is wrong and if this keeps up they may need to move him before the city crucifies him.

In the regular season probably. Post season my money is on Zegras pulling a Zacha.

Agreed. Which brings me to the other big name now being questioned in Vancouver...

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Does the risk/reward/need make you target Elias...Pettersson not Lindholm? He is playing his way out of town before the contract even kicks in.

Something is wrong and if this keeps up they may need to move him before the city crucifies him.

Agreed. Which brings me to the other big name now being questioned in Vancouver...

Well if they want to move Petterson, I'd take the contract. I just can't imagine any way they would move him, nor could we make enough of an offer to get him .

No one should be that silly to overact to one postseason

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I like Danault, but I like Trevor Moore more. ;-)

I'm all in on Elias Lindholm. If you get both Danault and Lindholm, you could move both Zacha and Coyle to wing.

I'd also try to beg Nosek back for 4th line center.

Marchand - Lindholm - Pasta
Zacha - Danault - Geekie
Heinen - Frederick - Coyle
Beecher - Boqvist/Nosek - Braseau
Not a fan of that lineup, start with Lindholm being overrated , contract I am sure will be to high. I do not see Danault being any better than what you have. Marchand's time as a 1st liner is over, or should be. Heinen is not worth brining back.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Well if they want to move Petterson, I'd take the contract. I just can't imagine any way they would move him, nor could we make enough of an offer to get him .

No one should be that silly to overact to one postseason
Which post season this year or his first one. It is all nice to talk about but no way would Vancouver even think about it.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Which post season this year or his first one. It is all nice to talk about but no way would Vancouver even think about it.

Yeah, responding to a post where it was said the fans might try to run him out of town. So this season, where he has struggled (I must admit, I'm not watching the series). So that would be a crazy overaction to one bad postseason. But yeah he was incredible 4 years ago as a 21 year old.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Coyle's otherwise good at center, but he's so horrible on face-offs in his own zone that he can't trusted in that role.

Lindholm will be a very good center for a lot longer than a couple of seasons. He'll be 30 on December 2. Danault probably has a shorter shelf life at 31. Trevor Moore, whom I really like is 29 and had 31 goals this year. I also really like Byfield.

No, that's not the best 2nd line ever, but Zacha is certainly a 2nd liner. We don't have the cap space to build an elite top 6 in one year.

Let's hear your ideas on how to rebuild the top 6 after Bergeron's and Krejci's retirement.
I try to sign Reinhart and Stephenson

Zacha-Stephenson-Pasta
Freddy-Coyle-Reinhart
Marchand-Poitras-Brazeau/Geekie

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think the sticking point with DeBrusk and the Bruins will be number of years. I can't imagine Sweeney is interested in giving him 7 or 8 years.

Is Debrusk in a position to ask for 7-8 years though? Whether it be from the Bruins or any team.

He's a career half-a-ppg winger with consistency issues. Those 7-8 year terms seem to be reserved for guys closer to the top end of the spectrum. I don't think 7-8 years is a realistic ask unless the Debrusk camp is willing to concede on the AAV and give a discount there to make the long term worthwhile. The trend in July free agency seems to be GMs are more and more reluctant to hand out excessive term.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Does Ullmark still have any kind of no trade clause on his contract
Think he still has 15 team NTC, not sure , but I believe he would have waived if it had been in the off-season, he did not want to be traded at the TDL, not wanting to uproot his family or leave them in Boston, while he went out west.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You're maybe the only person in the Bruin fandom viewing moving Coyle to wing as a positive. Congrats on a fresh take that I really haven't seen anywhere else.

Coyle and Danault are redundant. Both are ideally a 3C. Zacha-Danault-Geekie is not a 2nd line in any universe.

And Lindholm may be a good short term option but he's going to get a horrible contract this summer and I'm tired of trying to get out of bad UFA signings when they go stale after a couple seasons.
Why do I get the feeling people think Lindholm is 31-32?

He's 29 and won't be 30 until December.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Probably a moot point as I think Stamkos is a long shot to leave Tampa, and even longer shot to come here... But I agree.

Opens the possibility of something like running Marchand-X-Pasta on line 1, and if we run with Poitras on the 2nd line again, gives him an incredible weapon and he can take the tough draws for him.

No such thing as too many shooters, in my opinion. Can always put them on different PP units regularly, but they're a nightmare to manage if we're down 1. One can dream...
Find it ha
I do not believe you will get Englund from Kings.
He is the only physical player on the team and has very low salary.
I think LA will trade one on one Moore for Ullmark, but not Danault.
Ulmark is almost 31 years old good, but not very good goalie.
Also, he has only one year left on his contract.
Moore is a goid player
What's Moore's NTC?

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
i like danault and watched all the kings playoff games, he was nowhere to be seen along with others. stephenson has wheels i take him no problem. dump zacha or coyle if you can they are just not showing anything this post season to warrant keeping them long term.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

If the Canucks would even consider shopping Pettersson, we should be doing whatever we can to win that award. Absolute true blue number one and light years better than anything we could hope for otherwise.

Absolutely yes please daddy with a cherry on top, rubber and glue no returns period.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
he’s really f***ing annoying, could easily see him having a little Matt Tkachuk in him

He is annoying. And he strikes me as the type of player that doesn't let the nerves get to him in bigger games/bigger moments like the playoffs. You look at skill guy like Marner, in the playoffs instead of playing loose, the nerves get to him (by his own admission) and plays uptight. I think Zegras has some Nylander in him and wants the spotlight, not shying away from it.

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Is this a new form of comedy?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He’s also not a 3rd liner, he has 57 and 59 points the last 2 years. He’s a 2nd line winger, that’s where his ideal slot is imo. A complimentary scorer. The problem is he’s being leaned on as a primary scorer

Idrc if somebody has no goals if they’re still producing points which he is doing. He’s contributing to goals being scored either way. I think he’s been strong defensively for the most part- probably why he’s a + player in this series
You can't have a top 6 forwards getting plenty of TOI with a Rocket winner and goal scorer like #88 with zero goals in even 12 games, never mind 19.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad