2023 QMJHL Draft

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
This is long overdue and the way it should be. I still think however that one Major U18 and one Minor U16 team on the Island is the best way to go.
Yes it is. I saw some first and late born U16 players in an invite only showcase last weekend playing with/against q picks and junior a players as well as some good prep and u18 players. Some of these kids did not make a u18 team and some of them developed very well over the year to the point you would have no idea how they didn’t. It’s a good league and great for development and PEI doesn’t quite get that yet it appears.

CaperKid88

Jun 15, 2022
Cape Breton
I’m a big fan of our local 07 players Pilling, Sinclair, and Stonehouse. Should be shoe-ins on this team I would think. Sinclair didn’t quite make the team last year but easily could’ve. And winning the U15 scoring title this year showed he belongs amongst the province’s best. Pilling is a quick study. Just gets it. Makes hard plays look easy. One step ahead all the time. Stonehouse was lights out in Dartmouth at the last camp.

hkyNS

May 3, 2022
Halifornia, NS
I’m a big fan of our local 07 players Pilling, Sinclair, and Stonehouse. Should be shoe-ins on this team I would think. Sinclair didn’t quite make the team last year but easily could’ve. And winning the U15 scoring title this year showed he belongs amongst the province’s best. Pilling is a quick study. Just gets it. Makes hard plays look easy. One step ahead all the time. Stonehouse was lights out in Dartmouth at the last camp.

HKYLVR

Jun 18, 2022
Top 2007 qmjhl nl draft eligible kids

Donald hickey - G
Jack marnell- d
Ryan Dawe - d
Ty peddigrew- f
Noah boland - f
Will Carroll- f
There are a number of good players in NL that haven’t had much exposure and there isn’t much separation between the top 4-5 D or 5-6 forwards.

Michael Pilgrim - D
Jack Bartlett - D
Patrick Lambe - D
Elliott Wright - F
Jabez Seymour - F
Carter Bromley - F

Truthfully, this will be the deepest group to come out of NL in a long time.
These are names that should be included in your list above as there isn’t much gap between any of them.

Reactions: RantAndRoarNL

HKYLVR

Jun 18, 2022
Top nl 2007 kids
Donald hickey-g oha u15
Jack marnell-d oha u15
Ryan Dawe -d St. John’s Hitmen u15
Ty peddigrew-f tricom thunder u15
Noah boland- f St. John’s Hitmen u15
Will carrol -f tri com thunder u15
There are a number of good players in NL that haven’t had much exposure and there isn’t much separation between the top 4-5 D or 5-6 forwards.

Michael Pilgrim - D
Jack Bartlett - D
Patrick Lambe - D
Elliott Wright - F
Jabez Seymour - F
Carter Bromley - F

Truthfully, this will be the deepest group to come out of NL in a long time.
These are names that should be included in your list above as there isn’t much gap between any of these players.

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
I haven’t seen these 4 play in two years but they were all high end players. How would anyone rank them now?

Wheeler, Paul, Kilfoil and Rushton. Is there anyone else that is in their caliber now? Has Landon Paul grown? I know Wheeler and Rushton are big boys, and I think Kilfoil has decent size too.

hkyNS

May 3, 2022
Halifornia, NS
I haven’t seen these 4 play in two years but they were all high end players. How would anyone rank them now?

Wheeler, Paul, Kilfoil and Rushton. Is there anyone else that is in their caliber now? Has Landon Paul grown? I know Wheeler and Rushton are big boys, and I think Kilfoil has decent size too.
landon paul attended the ushl combine, he might be looking to go ncaa

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

I think Kilfoil and Wheeler are top 5 picks actually. At least top 10. Rushton was the best prospect playing in the Bantam League probably, I'd say Tyson Goguen might be up there nowadays for me. Have not seen Paul play, very hard to find tapes. Only got a couple from two years ago so hard to tell.

CaperKid88

Jun 15, 2022
Cape Breton
Excited to watch some of the scrimmages in Antigonish this weekend. This is a very deep group, I believe even deeper than the 03s and they were highly regarded.

Here are my guesses for the final roster

Foley
Kiever
Pilling
Chandler
Sim
Rhyno
Sinclair
Hayne
Legere
Stevens
Dooley
Schlender

Peddle
Conrad
Foston
Linsay
Austin
Quinn

Stonehouse
Maclaughlin

APs

Malana
Marmulak
Macdougall

Wagner
Oconnor

Stoddard

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
First year Champion Hockey Academy recruit lots of Fredericton kids of 07

SWNBhockey

Apr 22, 2021
I believe Kilfoil and Paul are both headed back to the US this year.

Sam Allaby returning to RNS

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Locally I’ve heard Ramsay (06), McMinn (06) and Ledrew (05) heading to Kinball Academy. I’m sure I heard Wagner (07) and O’Connor (07) were both committed to Macs….could be false news though 😜 Sinclair in Cape Breton is playing for Sydney for sure.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
1659010009744.png

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Heard PEI Canada Game Team cut to
15 F
9 D
3 G
NB Canada Game Team has camp starting from Jul 28.

CaperKid88

Jun 15, 2022
Cape Breton
Any news on which 03 players are committed to in the U18 leagues? Which ones are heading to prep schools?
Kilfoil - Salisbury (this is a great fit. Kilfoil might be the best of the east at this point, definitely has the hype anyways. Salisbury is a legit school, definitely makes him a school threat post draft.
Paul - KUA - haven't seen him play in a couple years. Was a pure goal scorer and so strong on the puck and his skates.
Goguen - South Kent - great 2 way centreman, needs to improve his skating to play at the next level, but has the processor and the skills for sure.
Eustace - Mount Academy
Allaby and Barbour - RNS Allaby is an undersized shifty playmaker. He's elusive and great on his edges. Barbour is a good complementary role player. Has good size, competes hard and is very raw.

Peddle - BK expected him to follow older brothers footsteps at SSM. BK is closer to home and has an extremely deep 07 squad. Has the best stick of this d class defensively and is also very dangerous in transition. is a bit knock-kneed but still very powerful and dynamic on his skates.
Allison - South Kent He was committed to Subarus and then signed in US unexpectedly. He has grown a lot this year and once he gets used to his new frame, will be a very good dman down the road. Great kid from what I'm told.
Pilling and Kiever- RNS these two will be fun to watch together. IMO the 2 smartest 200ft 07 players in atlantic Canada, and great kids.

Peddigrew - BK this kid was an absolute stud in atlantics. NFLD players are always school threats, he will be no different. Great player, will have lots of options

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad