Series Discussion 2023 Dallas Stars Playoffs Discussion | Round 2 vs. Seattle Kraken | Dallas WINS GAME 7!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Btw, the most recent Cup winner remaining I believe is the Hurricanes, and they haven't won since 2006. Exciting playoffs

Reactions: catters078

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Seattle effectively gets no time off- jumps right into another series. Seattle should want to end this early. If it goes the distance, they'll be gassed.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
What's McCann's status? Seattle possibly going into this without their best forward

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
At first glance, just a really good, deep four line three pair team. Don’t have a stud anywhere that jumps out at you, but everyone contributes and they’re three 2nd lines deep. They have to thank shrewd moves for guys like Bjorkstrand and Tolvanen for that depth. Think this is the series where Robertson has to take over and be the difference. We’ve got them beat on elite talent.

Hoping for 6, but probably goes 7. Seattle is pesky.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I’d like to say Stars in 5 but Seattle looks decent. Stars have the better… everything so we should have it in 6 but that’s why they play.

Go Stars!

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
From what I remember he's a Star killer too
Meh- not really. Pavelski, however...

1682918653988.png

Reactions: redbeardtx

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Confident in this matchup.

Seattle is built tough as we just saw with 3 road wins.

Think Dallas' best hockey will be too strong. Have to execute.

Thinking big series from JRob

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The most i hate about Seattle at this point are the starting times this matchup forces on the Stars ...

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I’m interested in seeing what Grubauer we face. His wins do not match the season he just had. Is it because it was his old team and that is why he played so well? Will he be the same against Dallas?

I also think Robertson breaks out with a less physical team. Hintz keeps rolling and otter will do otter things.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
I’m interested in seeing what Grubauer we face. His wins do not match the season he just had. Is it because it was his old team and that is why he played so well? Will he be the same against Dallas?

I also think Robertson breaks out with a less physical team. Hintz keeps rolling and otter will do otter things.
Seattle-based Kraken fan here, hope you don't mind me commenting. Let me know if you do. Grubauer was hurt most of last year, and hurt and out for much of this year. I think he finally got healthy. Of note, Martin Jones (27-13) was terrific as a fill in for Grubauer during the first half of the season which is why the Kraken kept winning games. Jones, who himself has been to the Cup twice, tailed off near the end of the season.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The Kraken are affable but Roope is on a roll and Robocop is just getting started. And Miro on the back end. However, my palantir says Dallas in 5, not 4.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not a fan of sitting Kiviranta. He was very effective vs Minnesota and we could use the pace he plays with

Thing is, everyone was decent in that series but obviously a veteran like Glendening isn't gonna sit. Dellandrea probably saved his spot with his last couple of games

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

I don’t know about this for a lineup. I think pavelski should go back to his spot. I think he does more for Robertson than Tyler does 5v5. Now the PP is a different story. I think Seguin adds the heavy one timer which has to be respected by a PK unit.

I also think Hanley did a good job and has earned his time. Not sure why he would sit.

I do like that Deboer is trying to change things up. But that is arguably the best line in hockey. Have to put it back together.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Who else do you sit ?
Dellandrea but they won’t sit him over kivi. They move Dellandrea up the line if there is an injury. Kivi will not move up and he does not take draws. Another big reason Dellandrea stays in. There is a reason Dallas is the best at face offs and it’s cause they have a righty and lefty on each line that can take them.

So no option.

Reactions: Stubu and Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad