GDT: 2023-24 season Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers Game 1

Who wins the series

• Oilers in 4

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kings in 4

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kings in 5

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kings in 6

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Kings in 7

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
An oilers fan is calling Laf and Arvy divers. I really hate their fans and their delusions. Did they forget their bozos named Kane, Nurse, Perry, and Draisaitl? Don’t throw stones at glass houses.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Hey gang, be sure to listen to the official playoff preview podcast where you’ll hear Scott Burnside and the host contribute an hour of absolute cliche nothingness. And you’ll hear some idiot say “Connor McDavid is boring.” Someone really said that! It’s the same dunce who brought you quotes like, “the Kings made the playoffs because of friendship”, “Jack Johnson should be a forward”, and the moronic “one goal shutout” nonsense. It’s like two old cornball dorks in the stands except they’re actually hired to say this dreck into a microphone.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Hey gang, be sure to listen to the official playoff preview podcast where you’ll hear Scott Burnside and the host contribute an hour of absolute cliche nothingness. And you’ll hear some idiot say “Connor McDavid is boring.” Someone really said that! It’s the same dunce who brought you quotes like, “the Kings made the playoffs because of friendship”, “Jack Johnson should be a forward”, and the moronic “one goal shutout” nonsense. It’s like two old cornball dorks in the stands except they’re actually hired to say this dreck into a microphone.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Thanks for listening!

Connor McDavid IS boring.

Reactions: The Butcher

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The more I think about the practice lines the more intriguing I find things. It looks like Hiller is going to genuinely roll 1-2-3-4 as he seems to have balanced things fairly evenly for 5 on 5. The Lizotte line looks like an odd place for Fiala to be BUT he can produce with anyone as he does bring an X-factor. If they can establish a strong 5 on 5 game it might be more interesting than we think.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I think a lot of us have been waiting for this day since hearing the news that our least favorite LA King player was becoming the new general manager.

The day of reckoning is here.

Either Blake is the under the radar, 4D chess playing, master roster architect that few of us saw coming and we will get to watch a nice playoff run.

OR, we can finally get Rob Blake out of the organization once and for all.

Either outcome sounds good to me. As I always say: Hopes are high and expectations are low. The Kings are definitely capable of winning this series. Hiller seems much more willing to adjust, take timeouts, etc. Talbot seems pretty motivated against the Oilers. Byfield could emerge. Dubois could finally start earning that absurd contract.

I'm just happy we are finally moving up or moving on.

Let's go boys.
Couldn't have said it better. I echo this wholeheartedly. Hoping for the best, but even the worst would come to great relief. I hated Blake's promotion, hated his jersey retirement, and while I don't necessarily hate the guy or all of the moves he's made, he has to go and I am tired of the player carousel. Drew Doughty shouldn't be a GM in the NHL just as Rob Blake shouldn't. I love Luc, but he too shouldn't be in an operations position either. Marketing? Sure, whatever, but management, trades, scouting, drafting, and player development? No.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Thanks for listening!

Connor McDavid IS boring.
Monumentally stupid thing to say. Almost as dumb as “it’s hard for me to admit how good I am at my job”. Meanwhile you listen and it’s always “oh no I forgot to press play on that”. “Oh no I pressed play but I forgot I had the volume all the way down”. “Oh no the recorder that I am in complete control of just stopped for some reason!”.

Yeah man. Keep up the lousy work! Oh btw nobody gives a f*** about your dad.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Monumentally stupid thing to say. Almost as dumb as “it’s hard for me to admit how good I am at my job”. Meanwhile you listen and it’s always “oh no I forgot to press play on that”. “Oh no I pressed play but I forgot I had the volume all the way down”. “Oh no the recorder that I am in complete control of just stopped for some reason!”.

Yeah man. Keep up the lousy work! Oh btw nobody gives a f*** about your dad.
when are we going to stop this stilly flirting and just get a beer

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The more I think about the practice lines the more intriguing I find things. It looks like Hiller is going to genuinely roll 1-2-3-4 as he seems to have balanced things fairly evenly for 5 on 5. The Lizotte line looks like an odd place for Fiala to be BUT he can produce with anyone as he does bring an X-factor. If they can establish a strong 5 on 5 game it might be more interesting than we think.
Fiala would be a superstar if he could adapt his 5x5 game to play with higher skilled linemates. Until then, he is equally productive - moderately productive - with anybody on the roster.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
hiller mentioned earlier that Fiala thrives in chaos and that with Lizzo on his line forechecking, he gets a lot more of those 'chaotic opportunities' around the net. I think this was after practice yesterday? it was on YT. kinda made me think about the Lizzo/Fiala combo a little differently

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Before today, I was thinking the Kings don't stand a chance, but this morning I voted Kings in 6. Screw being pessimistic (or realistic!). Time to be a fan boy and cheer the guys on, even PLD. Just beat the crap out of McDavid and Draisaitl and they got this.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I'm not optimistic about the series.
But I do kind of like the lines. They have no chance of winning the top 6 battle, so they have to win the bottom 6, and not get too badly burned on specialty teams.
Kings have a chance, until Edmonton decides to roll out McDavid and Drai 25 minutes each, at which point they need a couple of lucky wins.
Hiller can't get caught up in the matchups too much. Kopi can't play over 20minutes.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
An oilers fan is calling Laf and Arvy divers. I really hate their fans and their delusions. Did they forget their bozos named Kane, Nurse, Perry, and Draisaitl? Don’t throw stones at glass houses.

If they were to call Fiala an embellisher than it would be a fair take IMO. But Arvidson just is easy to knock over and Laf has not give me any indication he sells shit.

Draisaitl is such a talented POS.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Hey
We got a punchers chance in this series- maybe we can trick em...
Or maybe we can frustrate the oilers into a group anxiety attack where they simply implode.
We do have a shot

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
At least we're healthy this year, which gives us a fair shot compared to the last 2 years. Series is pretty much going to come down to goaltending, special teams, and how well they contain McDrai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad