Prospect Info: 2023-24 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thanks for the info! I know he's a long shot but he seemed like the only prospect in that area that had any chance and we need LHD.
No problem! I could always be wrong, I'm just not optimistic.

Regarding the top prospect list, it seems like it's something Hoven wants to do again. It might not be until closer to the start of next season (that gives time after the draft and free agency to see what prospects are still in the pipeline).

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

General summary:
- not expecting to sign Braden Doyle, Ben Meehan, Juho Markkanen, or Kasper Simontaival
- no surprise, but Jack Sparkes and Hampton Slukynsky expected to start college at Michigan State and Northern Michigan, respectively.
- none of the other NCAA players expected to turn pro right away, but Connors will probably be the first of the group at the conclusion of the 2024-25 season.
- Aatu Jamsen signing expected to be announced in the next few days. He's already in LA. Koehn Ziemmer expected to arrive later in the week. Both are being looked at by medical staff after the injuries they sustained in the season.

Also, I appear to be mistaken. Hoven's also reporting a left shot defenseman who has yet to participate in development camp is in the works. There's only one player in the pipeline that could be referring to. So, hopefully that news will come out soon.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

General summary:
- not expecting to sign Braden Doyle, Ben Meehan, Juho Markkanen, or Kasper Simontaival
- no surprise, but Jack Sparkes and Hampton Slukynsky expected to start college at Michigan State and Northern Michigan, respectively.
- none of the other NCAA players expected to turn pro right away, but Connors will probably be the first of the group at the conclusion of the 2024-25 season.
- Aatu Jamsen signing expected to be announced in the next few days. He's already in LA. Koehn Ziemmer expected to arrive later in the week. Both are being looked at by medical staff after the injuries they sustained in the season.

Also, I appear to be mistaken. Hoven's also reporting a left shot defenseman who has yet to participate in development camp is in the works. There's only one player in the pipeline that could be referring to. So, hopefully that news will come out soon.

Excited to see Jamsen come across!

and holy shit possible Kirsanov sighting?!? That would be kind of a surprise bomb

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Excited to see Jamsen come across!

and holy shit possible Kirsanov sighting?!? That would be kind of a surprise bomb
I hope so. They were high on Kirsanov early and I know his intention was to come over. I just didn't know if his contract ended this season or next. And with him no longer under SKA control, it could be easier for him to leave.

I know he'll need time to adjust but he's been playing against grown men before the college and CHL prospects. So he might be more ready than what we have.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hoven (and myself) forgot about Kaleb Lawrence. He is also expecting to sign with the Kings.

London is still in their OHL championship series, and if they win, go on to the Memorial Cup.

He's serving a second 5-game suspension during these playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope so. They were high on Kirsanov early and I know his intention was to come over. I just didn't know if his contract ended this season or next. And with him no longer under SKA control, it could be easier for him to leave.

I know he'll need time to adjust but he's been playing against grown men before the college and CHL prospects. So he might be more ready than what we have.

Kirsanov would be an immediate Englund replacement and a possible long-term Gavy replacement on upside. Dude's good.

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

Peter James Bond II

FIRE BLUCGEVIN!
Mar 5, 2015

General summary:

Nice update.
Kirill Kirsanov?? I don't think there are any others. Isn't he under contract in the KHL another yr or 2?
That would be great to get him over.
Where do you think Dvorak plays next year? I suspent with the Reign.
I think Ziemmer can play in the AHL this coming season, or back to Prince George. I see him going back to the WHL,
since he missed so many games. It seems Parascak took his spot! I saw your write up of Parascak. Great season.
The Kings rarely take a winger in rd 1. Kempe in '14, Zykov '13, Pearson '12. Does Parascak also play LW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad