2023-24 Calgary Wranglers Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
2nd period wasn't great. Eagles changed goalies to start teh frame and scored a couple, including a shorty, 2nd goal was a broken play that went to Brad Hunt who wired it under the bar.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Awwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what a save

But he gave up 3. Anyway, watching Anaheim so not fair to judge.

In his stints with the Flames, I have not noticed anything which would suggests he is ready or a talent. Just haven't translated that yet.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You have to be f***ing kidding me

another f***inng muffin, wasn't played great by the defense but Wolf should have had that

muffin in the final minute is unacceptable

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
But he gave up 3. Anyway, watching Anaheim so not fair to judge.

In his stints with the Flames, I have not noticed anything which would suggests he is ready or a talent. Just haven't translated that yet.
Yeah except 5 years of exceptional play says otherwise than a small handful of games.

Most of the team was hot garbage after teh first period.

Reactions: joescores

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
5 unanswered to lose in reg

giphy.webp

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Ducks scored 3rd on their 12th shot. Deflection so tough to blame Daws. Marky is a bigger body and has a better positioning, so he could potentially save that shot but it could also go through...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ducks scored 3rd on their 12th shot. Deflection so tough to blame Daws. Marky is a bigger body and has a better positioning, so he could potentially save that shot but it could also go through...
wrong thread?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Grush was solid. On the final goal he should have stepped up and closed the gap more and once earlier in the game he was caught flat footed, which happens to everyone occasionally.

Considering he's had 1 practice with the team, I'd say it was a good game.

Wranglers need some bodies back on the blueline though. Pysyk is awful and shouldn't even be in the top 6 and Kuz/Poolman as solid as they are shouldn't be the top pair.

Reactions: joescores

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hope Conroy sets the Wranglers up for playoff success. Send down Pelletier, Hunt and Zary on the 8th. Recall one (Zary) on an emergency basis, so they are all playoff eligible. Sign Bruiser, and hope Vancouver and Kitchener have short playoff runs in the CHL.

Just think about it...

Pelletier - Zary - Coronato
Jones - Schwindt - Hunt
Honzek - Kerins - Pettersen
Bishop - Sutter - Klapka
x: Ciona, Stromgren, McLain, Gallant, Lipinski

Poirier - Solovyov
Kuznetsov - Poolman
Grushnikov - Brzustewicz
x: Aspirot, Lyle, Pysyk, Boltmann, Riedell

Wolf, Dansk, Murphy

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I hope Conroy sets the Wranglers up for playoff success. Send down Pelletier, Hunt and Zary on the 8th. Recall one (Zary) on an emergency basis, so they are all playoff eligible. Sign Bruiser, and hope Vancouver and Kitchener have short playoff runs in the CHL.

Just think about it...

Pelletier - Zary - Coronato
Jones - Schwindt - Hunt
Honzek - Kerins - Pettersen
Bishop - Sutter - Klapka
x: Ciona, Stromgren, McLain, Gallant, Lipinski

Poirier - Solovyov
Kuznetsov - Poolman
Grushnikov - Brzustewicz
x: Aspirot, Lyle, Pysyk, Boltmann, Riedell

Wolf, Dansk, Murphy
It would be great to get some talent back on the Wranglers for a run. Not sure on Zary though. I just feel like he wouldn't be interested - been there done that. Posp maybe not a great idea considering his injury history - but I do think he'd jump at the chance. Pelletier hasn't played much all year so maybe he's a good candidate.
But outside of a look, no way Honzek & Brzust make the active team over the regulars. We should be hoping they both make a far push in their playoffs.

I'm just glad that with Grush there now, and Poirier back soon, we won't have to run with ECHL Dmen anymore (hopefully)

Biggest factor for a successful run is if Wolf will be on the team at that point or not.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It would be great to get some talent back on the Wranglers for a run. Not sure on Zary though. I just feel like he wouldn't be interested - been there done that. Posp maybe not a great idea considering his injury history - but I do think he'd jump at the chance. Pelletier hasn't played much all year so maybe he's a good candidate.
But outside of a look, no way Honzek & Brzust make the active team over the regulars. We should be hoping they both make a far push in their playoffs.

I'm just glad that with Grush there now, and Poirier back soon, we won't have to run with ECHL Dmen anymore (hopefully)

Biggest factor for a successful run is if Wolf will be on the team at that point or not.
I think Zary would be plenty motivated, keep in mind I am suggesting he's only papered down to be playoff eligible, he'd finish the season with the big club before trying to win a championship

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Zary is probably going to play his most games ever this year, and has proven beyond a doubt he’s an NHL player. I guess I don’t see the logic in sending him down for more games, at a level far below what he’s at - there’s nothing to gain developmentally there.

I would much rather see him take those weeks off and have a productive summer training than having him to rest playoff bumps and bruises and cut down his off-season.

I think he’s earned not having to play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Poirier is back, and Grushnikov just crushed someone

Dansk just bailed Poirier out after he fumbled the puck and gave it away

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wow, in just about 30 seconds Pettersen took a crosscheck high, and Coronato took a knee on knee. Neither called, but Klapka gets 2 for defending Coronato.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Both Pettersen and Coronato are okay

Now Klapka just took a cheap shot from Littleton in the crease and no call.

What the f***.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad