NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Stars aren't winning Cup this year with Oettinger in net.
Seeing the issues other teams are having in net, I was wondering how Ullmark feels riding the bench knowing he'd be the much better option on almost every team still playing.

The only two goalies I thought he wouldn't supplant were on the New York Rangers and Dallas Stars.

I know Oettinger has been strong of late, but that fourth goal last night - the GWG - was ugly. I know Makar is highly-skilled but that puck trickled right through him.

He can be streaky, though, so if he gets back to his game, Dallas can go far. Elimination games have been a struggle for all teams looking to advance.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Seeing the issues other teams are having in net, I was wondering how Ullmark feels riding the bench knowing he'd be the much better option on almost every team still playing.

The only two goalies I thought he wouldn't supplant were on the New York Rangers and Dallas Stars.

I know Oettinger has been strong of late, but that fourth goal last night - the GWG - was ugly. I know Makar is highly-skilled but that puck trickled right through him.

He can be streaky, though, so if he gets back to his game, Dallas can go far. Elimination games have been a struggle for all teams looking to advance.
He has had some struggles this year. Real good young G. Candidate for USOT.

Reactions: Aeroforce

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I kinda want the metro series to go 7 but some of the cruelest posters I've ever met on HF are/were canes fans.
I want it to go seven I don't care who gets through, but if the Bruins are fortunate enough to make it, the more beat up they are the better. Triple OTs please.

Reactions: KWbruin

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I also want Carolina to win so that it takes away the attention of the Bruins losing to Philly in 2010. We need a new target, I get tired of hearing about it. Make it more common...lol

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Stars aren't winning Cup this year with Oettinger in net.

I think they can. If the Avs won with Kuemper and Vegas with Hill, then Dallas can win with Oettinger - he's better than both of them. Has a .916 SV% in playoffs. Not otherworldly but perfectly decent.

The issue for Jake is every now and then he has a really bad game or two, or he lets in a really soft goal. Don't know if it's a focus thing or whatever, but he has some bad lapses for a goalie who's otherwise very talented. He just needs to knuckle down and cut down on the errors, because his best IMO is even better than Swayman's. The Stars are good enough to concede the very occasional cheap goal to the opposition, but not too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad