Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Moving on from Tavares and signing Stamkos would be the most Toronto offseason ever. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does It would be funny.
Tavares still has a year left, so if the Leafs were able to get assets for him and then sign a replacement, it'd be something to consider.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Tavares still has a year left, so if the Leafs were able to get assets for him and then sign a replacement, it'd be something to consider.
I don't think they will get anything for him with his 11,000,000 cap hit but maybe a mid to late pick. I could see Utah taking him for nothing or a late pick.

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
It's only weakened if you rely on Cirelli to play defense instead of an entire line. Not every team needs a selke level center. We are worse off losing Stamkos at 34 than we are losing Cirelli at 26. If it comes down to either/or between those two, I take Stamkos 10 times out of 10. If anybody disagrees (under the assumption both couldn't be here if he resigns), then who is your right handed shot on the left dot? I'll wait.
Id rather improve at even strength than on PP.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Losing Game 2 in Sunrise (especially after the 4 minute PP in which we did nothing) in OT pisses me off more now. Sure, Florida is a far better team, but who knows how the series goes if it's 1-1 going back to Tampa. Pisses me off that this team just doesn't show up on time to start OT as of lately.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He scored a couple of big OT goals. One against us.
I'm not trying to say he's never had a big moment. But Kucherov in 2 series vs the Panthers had more moments than Tavares' entire career. When someone asks" Did you see Tavares in game 3?" they literally the 3rd game of the playoffs because buddy has only gotten past the 1st round twice and 1 of those times was with Vasy channeling Anders Lindback the whole way

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
1715726391925.png

Gotta get our hooks in this one early

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad