Injury Report: 2022-23 Injuries/Covid Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I think that is what he meant. The initial injury.
Yeah, to clarify, just meant the fact that he missed basically an entire season. We saw how that affected Jones. Hopefully it won't take Drysdale as long to get back into gear next year. It's going to be a challenge, especially if he doesn't wind up with a defensive partner that compliments him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, to clarify, just meant the fact that he missed basically an entire season. We saw how that affected Jones. Hopefully it won't take Drysdale as long to get back into gear next year. It's going to be a challenge, especially if he doesn't wind up with a defensive partner that compliments him.

He is still young but verbeek has to get him and Fowler support. I’m not even worried about the forward group. That will improve with a better blue line.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
He is still young but verbeek has to get him and Fowler support. I’m not even worried about the forward group. That will improve with a better blue line.
That's a good point. There's something to be said about the philosophy of "building from the net out."

I just don't know what our options could be with getting those guys the proper support. The influx of young talent on the blueline turning pro complicates things further.

You don't want too many stop-gaps signed for too long because it could prevent the younger players from breaking through. I'm not sure if that's how Verbeek and/or the next coach (assuming Eakins is gone) will view things, but it wouldn't surprise me if they preferred veterans over younger players. I think that's a common tendency among coaches/management.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
As unfortunate as it is for him to miss the year; IMO, the bolded is far more important than him missing the year.

This team needs a new coach and it needs to start next year. If we're not tolerating players who don't contribute we need to hold coaches to the same level.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
As unfortunate as it is for him to miss the year; IMO, the bolded is far more important than him missing the year.

This team needs a new coach and it needs to start next year. If we're not tolerating players who don't contribute we need to hold coaches to the same level.
It's difficult to measure either way. Both definitely have their impacts though.

I think it's more likely than not this team will have a new coach if not a new staff next year.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Rico understood the tank assignment. Verbeek and his minion ball of hates:

4fy4n5.gif

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Too bad about Regenda. Him, Neste and Lunde could perhaps be an interesting 3rd line next season.

Reactions: Arthuros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad