Speculation: 2021 Sharks Offseason Roster Discussion part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
ok what about this

Sign Landy
Trade Hertl, Bancer, Lotto Protected 1st + 2nd + Prospect with some upside but not one of the core, Jones@50% for Eichel

Is the team better?

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
You could argue our 4th line is going to be stacked! We have like 10 guys competing for those 3 spots. Too bad the losers have to play on our 2nd/3rd lines :D

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Jones the Tank Commander better stay. I want Wright.. And Bedard. But let's be reality, the Sharks are not winning a draft lottery.
This is what I'm saying... So many want to tank for these 2 studs the next 2 drafts but you're counting on the Sharks winning the lottery. Let me say that again... winning the lottery. I think that's living in a bigger dream world than those of us who think they make the playoffs next season. :laugh:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
ok what about this

Sign Landy
Trade Hertl, Bancer, Lotto Protected 1st + 2nd + Prospect with some upside but not one of the core, Jones@50% for Eichel

Is the team better?
In the short term no doubt assuming Eichel comes back close to 100% from the injury/surgery. It's a huge gamble though. If signing Landy I think you have to move Couture instead of Hertl. Much rather give up Meier than Hertl. If it took extra picks, so be it.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
no $$$$$$$$$

Im also not sure he would go to a worse team. He strikes me as someone who wants a guaranteed playoff run.
I said early in the off season that I hoped him and EK65 were best friends off the ice. Maybe he comes to play with him.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
This is what I'm saying... So many want to tank for these 2 studs the next 2 drafts but you're counting on the Sharks winning the lottery. Let me say that again... winning the lottery. I think that's living in a bigger dream world than those of us who think they make the playoffs next season. :laugh:

not to mention all these other teams trying their hardest to make sure they have the optimal odds to land at least one of them (Arizona, Buffalo, Ottawa, Seattle, hell even Nashville at this point).

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Someone's gonna overpay Landy, and I really hope it's not us.

It won't be. This year is especially not a year that somehow, for the first time in franchise history, that the Sharks will land an elite UFA in his prime with no previous connection to the team. Even if the Sharks make an offer to Landy, even if it is the best money and term offer he gets, he won't sign with SJ. No elite UFA ever does, not when the Sharks are a serious Cup Contender, and certainly not when they are a bottom-dweller.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Depending on what Donato is asking for, I think it's a mistake letting him walk. It's so hard to gauge what some of the newer players are able to do on this team seeing as it's such a trainwreck.

Reactions: Boja

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't think it's out of the question we bring back Donato. I wouldn't qualify him at $1.9m but maybe signing him at like $1.2-$1.5m would be better.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Merkley and Hill are both arb eligible I think. If the sharks want to buyout Jones they can force one into it and then buy him out after
I guess the strategy could be to hold onto Jones until they get their veteran 1b. If they can't, then might as well hold onto Jones and burn a year.

Reactions: Herschel

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Getzlaf is rumored to be not close re-signing with Ducks. Maybe he could be our 3rd line center if he comes with reasonable contract. I would like to see us tank for Wright but I don't think DW will do it.

Reactions: themelkman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad