TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
LOGO.jpg

WELCOME TO THE 2020 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

WHEN: TUESDAY OCTOBER 6TH, 2020
7PM est

TV/MOBILE FEEDS: NBCSN, SPORTSNET

Well, well, well here we go, who's the new shiny toy Florida fans will debate over for years to come?

We going for a Center, Defenseman, Winger or Askarov?

We trading up, down, for immediate help or staying put at 12th?

:rangers - 1st - Alexis Lafreniere, LW Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL)
:kings - 2nd - Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
:sens - 3rd - Tim Stuetzle, LW, Mannheim (DEL)
:wings - 4th -
Lucas Raymond, LW, Frolunda (SHL)

:sens - 5th - Jake Sanderson, D, (USNTDP)
:ducks2 - 6th - Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)
:devils - 7th - Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgarden (SHL)
:sabres - 8th - Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67’s (OHL)
:wild - 9th - Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67’s (OHL)
:jets - 10th - Cole Perfetti, LW/C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
:nashville - 11th - Yarolslav Askarov, G, SKA (VHL)
:panthers - 12th - Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupyFIN

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Who do we want? I honestly haven’t followed the prospects much this time around. All I’ve seen is that we should take Lundell if he’s there.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
If Quinn or Lundell fall to us I would want to pick one of them...if they don't then Guhle.

Or maybe Hendrix Lapierre for having the best name :yo:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Who do we want? I honestly haven’t followed the prospects much this time around. All I’ve seen is that we should take Lundell if he’s there.
Unclear: With DT, most media assumed we would draft a Schneider, a more physical D.

we are in a weird position where we are drafting at the bottom of the top tier and it is unclear who will fall: it might be Askarov kind of like Knight last year.

There are some nice high end offensive wings likely to be available including Jarvis, Mercer and Quinn. On D the top two will likes be gone and then a coupe of much lower ranked Ds are discussed (Guhle, Schneider)

someone might fall like most years so we could end up very happy. I also think Lapierre’s insane preseason might lead to a surprising pick given we want top end center talent but risky due to injuries

TLDR: no one knows

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Basically Lapierre will be the best available center, but he missed most of the season with a major injury, which caused him to fall in the rankings. Highly skilled player, very high iq, is probably the best playmaker in the draft. Good defensively too. The best available D will be Kaiden Guhle, a big rangy defenseman who likes to play physical. He's one of the best D skaters in the draft. He has a big shot and knows how to score goals, but his major strength is his play in his own end.
Dawson Mercer will probably be the best available winger, he's got decent size and is an incredibly well rounded forward. He can burn you with slick moves and a great wrist shot, run you over with a big check, make a great pass to a teammate, or plant himself in front of the net to look for garbage goals. Seth Jarvis has also been gaining traction, due to him scoring at about a 2ppg pace in his last 26 games of the season for Portland. A dynamic, shifty winger who drives play and knows how to put up points. The only knocks on him are he's small and has to get faster.

Reactions: batting1k

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Basically Lapierre will be the best available center, but he missed most of the season with a major injury, which caused him to fall in the rankings. Highly skilled player, very high iq, is probably the best playmaker in the draft. Good defensively too. The best available D will be Kaiden Guhle, a big rangy defenseman who likes to play physical. He's one of the best D skaters in the draft. He has a big shot and knows how to score goals, but his major strength is his play in his own end.
Dawson Mercer will probably be the best available winger, he's got decent size and is an incredibly well rounded forward. He can burn you with slick moves and a great wrist shot, run you over with a big check, make a great pass to a teammate, or plant himself in front of the net to look for garbage goals. Seth Jarvis has also been gaining traction, due to him scoring at about a 2ppg pace in his last 26 games of the season for Portland. A dynamic, shifty winger who drives play and knows how to put up points. The only knocks on him are he's small and has to get faster.
To be fair people fall: I’m beginning to expect the unexpected if it makes sense

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Dawson Mercer will probably be the best available winger, he's got decent size and is an incredibly well rounded forward.

What is he in my List his main Position is Center not Winger might can play better Winger. What gives him some adventage to other Picks. And i dont see us trading down to Guhle. Guhle and schneider current listed around 15-20

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
What is he in my List his main Position is Center not Winger might can play better Winger. What gives him some adventage to other Picks. And i dont see us trading down to Guhle. Guhle and schneider current listed around 15-20

Mercer is a winger. The listing of him as a center is outdated.

Guhle was ranked #14 on Bob McKenzie's rankings, which are based on input from actual NHL team scouts. They are annually the most accurate rankings for the draft. Guhle is ranked right within our range. Mercer was #13 and Lapierre was 15.

Reactions: violaswallet

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Mercer is a winger. The listing of him as a center is outdated.

Guhle was ranked #14 on Bob McKenzie's rankings, which are based on input from actual NHL team scouts. They are annually the most accurate rankings for the draft. Guhle is ranked right within our range. Mercer was #13 and Lapierre was 15.

eliteprospect and other ranked Guhle 15 to 20.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
How would you guys feel about Holtz if he's the faller? Just a guess, in the same vein as Cole Caufield. What if Lundell is there as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad