2013 "preparation" camp, shortened schedule, etc.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Still waiting on player ratification (Fri/Sat) before the "official" camp schedule would be released.

Guessing camp would open Sunday (with medicals), with on ice stuff perhaps starting Monday.

As for the season schedule? Late Saturday/Sunday for that. (And within days national/local TV)

But....

PollakOnSharks 4:24pm via Web First hint of where #sjsharks might open and when: In Calgary on 1/20. Still very tentative.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Back to back opening games in Canada.

Not happy about this.

Would not be suprised if the Sharks go 0-2

Last edited:

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Sucks to see the Sharks are the odd man out on opening night from the information that is out there now, but at least its only a day wait! Getting the Western Canada road trip done right away may be a good thing, too.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I'm happy the sharks first game isn't the same day as the 49ers. But there hasn't been an exciting SJS vs Calgary game since the 2008 playoffs.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
The next ten days already feel like a thousand.

This is way worse then the 113 days of the lockout by far.

Cannot wait till the 20th. Hurry up already

MechaMarleau

Vertebraeker
Apr 13, 2007
Menlo Park
As boring as a Calgary opener may be, I think it will test who's in NHL shape and who's been taking easy and ignoring some parts of their training. Not focusing on the defensive fundamentals. And to get a gauge of who's fast and who's losing their step.

If this team can't win the grinding games, there aren't many wins you can drop otherwise and get a good playoff seed.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
There has been a Shark player/connection every day this week on Chronicle Live. Tonight: Burish. Tomorrow: McLellan and DW

(Check CSN website or Kurz' twitter feed for links to past interviews.)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I was going to say watching Opra and baking cookies, but I dont want to get attacked by the Marleau lovers.

Well I bet you never expected to get attacked by the OPERA LOVERS! What's that comment supposed to mean? Would he have been frittering away his time if he'd been taking in Der Fliegende Holländer? I think not! You can get a workout in and enjoy some Tosca in the same day you know, it's been done. Heck, if you have a DVD player in you home gym you can handle your plyometric training whilst enjoying the incredible 1955 Furtwängler Don Giovanni with Cesare Siepi (best Giovanni ever); some of us know this sir or madam. :rant::sarcasm:

Baking cookies would be a waste tho, it's called a bakery Patrick, let the experts handle it, they've got your patented "Marleau's Magical Minty Macaroons" bested my friend. In fact, pump some money into the local businesses you've crippled with your lockout Mr. Marleau. You evil 1%er, with your millions of bonds and treasury notes, sitting on a pile of homemade cookies made with decadent Godiva chocolate chips and "organic" walnuts while the rest of us choke down chalky Famous Amos's in the undersized economy vending machine bags, you've ruined America Marleau, ruined it. ***** it, I'm not going to work tomorrow!:rant:

Wait, did you mean Opera or Oprah? Which letter did you omit - e or h? Do you see what fruits the lackadaisical spelling habits of the Internet generation doth bear? Anguish, needless anger, bitter tears. Unless you meant opera, and the afore discourse would rightly stand.

Last edited:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Well I bet you never expected to get attacked by the OPERA LOVERS! What's that comment supposed to mean? Would he have been frittering away his time if he'd been taking in Der Fliegende Holländer? I think not! You can get a workout in and enjoy some Tosca in the same day you know, it's been done. Heck, if you have a DVD player in you home gym you can handle your plyometric training whilst enjoying the incredible 1955 Furtwängler Don Giovanni with Cesare Siepi (best Giovanni ever); some of us know this sir or madam. :rant::sarcasm:

Baking cookies would be a waste tho, it's called a bakery Patrick, let the experts handle it, they've got your patented "Marleau's Magical Minty Macaroons" bested my friend. In fact, pump some money into the local businesses you've crippled with your lockout Mr. Marleau. You evil 1%er, with your millions of bonds and treasury notes, sitting on a pile of homemade cookies made with decadent Godiva chocolate chips and "organic" walnuts while the rest of us choke down chalky Famous Amos's in the undersized economy vending machine bags, you've ruined America Marleau, ruined it. ***** it, I'm not going to work tomorrow!:rant:

Wait, did you mean Opera or Oprah? Which letter did you omit - e or h? Do you see what fruits the lackadaisical spelling habits of the Internet generation doth bear? Anguish, needless anger, bitter tears. Unless you meant opera, and the afore discourse would rightly stand.

bwahhahaha I absolutely loved this, amazing good sir, amazing.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

Whoa whoa whoa. Famous Amos is the best.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Whoa whoa whoa. Famous Amos is the best.

Don't misunderstand, I would never impune upon the cookies of the people, the back bone of this great nation - famous Amos is an institution. But seriously, I've never had a bag that wasn't laden with a squadron of crumbs prepared to dry out your mouth as you pour the mother load down your gullet as all true, red-blooded Americans do. The bag should say "Bonus mashed cookie inside!" Why can't they transport these cookies without triggering an inevitable cookie explosion in each bag? Are they Leper cookies, shedding parts? Is that oddly shaped, rounded, final cookie - seeming held together by one chip and a host of Wiccan spells - infected? I'm serious, I've gotten bags where the cookies look like they were sand blasted by their departed brothers. Is the final step before transport to kick them down the Lotse face on the south side of Everest and THEN ship them? Marleau doesn't have to deal with this, only we, the proletariat understand the bag that doth rattle too much for one bearing but 5 bites. I doubt Marleau's ever seen a crumb, except those he sprinkles over the vagrants who work for him. But yeah, I'm not trashing the Amos, just maybe fill the bags with cotton balls or something, I want my damn cookies in tact please.

Last edited:

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA

Edit: fixed my gross spelling error. Embarrassing...(FYI-Believe it or not, I do know how to spell for the most part). Just need to proofread more:baghead:

Excellent rebuttal sir. Well played:laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad