Video game sections you will never do again.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Unlocked a core memory with this one, I feel like I only got passed this level a handful of times. Do you get the Turtle Van after this stage?

I can't remember because I only got passed it a few times as well. I've still never beaten the game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I've been playing Hollow Knight for an hour here or there lately. Once i beat this f***ing arena lvl 3 I'm never doing it again ever. JFC it's hard! I get to the part where there are spikes on the ground all the enemies are up in the air. Those f***ing little dart bugs can rot in hell.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Elden Ring.

The whole thing.

Amazing game. I had a blast. I'm just not sure I can get myself back into that mindset again :laugh:

TheGreenTBer

Generational Lesson Learner
Apr 30, 2021
I've gone back as an adult and this one is still difficult. Probably not the most difficult but it was probably the first time I ever became super frustrated with a game.

View attachment 869351
That underwater level is incredibly easy compared to the last two sections of the game.

That game had an absurdly irregular difficulty curve. Area 1 was too easy, 2 was harder due to the water, 3 and 4 are quite doable, and 5 and 6 are absolute grade A number one BULLSHIT.

• Haha
Reactions: PK Cronin

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

The bosses in Sonic Superstars. The bosses are so slow to do their cycles that you often have to wait 30+ seconds between opportunities to damage them. Combine this with one-hit deaths in later stages and a lack of checkpoints and you have an incredibly frustrating experience. Just look at the video above, a successful attempt at this boss takes almost 10 minutes and half of it is just waiting for a chance to attack. There are also points in this boss fight where you have to stand in a certain point on the screen with very little warning else you die instantly and have to redo another 5+ minutes of the same boring fight to get another chance.

I liked the stages and the game overall but the bosses are among the worst I've ever seen.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know about Control, I liked Control A LOT and I want to play it again but I got lost WAY to much in That game.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Attachments

• IMG_5238.jpeg
    IMG_5238.jpeg
    764.8 KB · Views: 3

Hully14

May 27, 2024
Halo 2 on Legendary. I beat it once when I was a kid, and after all those jackal snipers I promised myself I'd never do it again. When MCC came out I said screw it, and while it was easier as an adult, it's still something I'll probably never do again unless I get into speedrunning in my old age or something.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Halo 2 on Legendary. I beat it once when I was a kid, and after all those jackal snipers I promised myself I'd never do it again. When MCC came out I said screw it, and while it was easier as an adult, it's still something I'll probably never do again unless I get into speedrunning in my old age or something.
I’m going to try and do a LASO run on all the games before my son is born

Hully14

May 27, 2024
God help you, lol. I've done some CE on LASO and quite frankly the difficulty spike just wasn't enjoyable to me. Like LASO is something you almost need to know exactly how to do before you actually do it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’ve never tried it before. I’ve beaten 1, 2, and 3 on solo legendary before but never f***ed with skulls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad