Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

According to SE information, SKA forward Matvey Michkov will continue his career in Philadelphia. The contract with the St. Petersburg club will be terminated until 2026, the rights to the hockey player in the KHL will remain with the army team.

Michkov spent the last season on loan at Sochi. The hockey player played 49 matches, scored 19 goals and gave 22 assists.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
My head canon is that the Flyers knew this the entire time and that’s why making the playoffs was so important and their entire plan for this past season.

Make the playoffs, bring over Michkov, “rebuild” over.

Man if Danny and Jones get Michkov over here alive this is such a major win and changes how they approach this offseason.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
My head canon is that the Flyers knew this the entire time and that’s why making the playoffs was so important and their entire plan for this past season.

Make the playoffs, bring over Michkov, “rebuild” over.
I doubt it. With Torts here...him even making the team is a question mark so they arent gonna plan the team around him. This is the Flyers...natural talent isnt enough...you gotta earn it by dropping gloves and blocking shots.

Also would like to see a big name reporter report this.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I doubt it. With Torts here...him even making the team is a question mark so they arent gonna plan the team around him. This is the Flyers...natural talent isnt enough...you gotta earn it by dropping gloves and blocking shots.

Also would like to see a big name reporter report this.
This is the type of thing that even Dan Hilferty would tell Torts to f*** off with if he tried it. He’s their great hope of ticket sales.

Not to mention all signs point to him returning to the KHL if he has to spend any time in the AHL.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
This is the type of thing that even Dan Hilferty would tell Torts to f*** off with if he tried it. He’s their great hope of ticket sales.

Not to mention all signs point to him returning to the KHL if he has to spend any time in the AHL.
Won't stop the doomers. This is a huge day for Philly if this comes off. We're talking about a major, major talent that could make this team seriously worth watching for the next 10 years.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

I would hope. Thats the big test. Last offseason was all about pleasing torts...we will see how this one goes.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Poor Ant. He’s probably covering the Phillies game too today. No rest for the weary. Hopefully a pipe doesn’t break in his house again so he doesn’t have to add walking his wife through what to do over the phone.

A.k.a I have no idea what's happening. At least he doesn't bullshit like that Di Marco :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: VladDrag

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Won't stop the doomers. This is a huge day for Philly if this comes off. We're talking about a major, major talent that could make this team seriously worth watching for the next 10 years.
If it came down to Torts or Michkov who would you pick? The organization may have to make that decision if Torts gives him the Frost treatment.

Michkov actually has leverage. One scratch could have him looking to go home.

• Haha
Reactions: bennysflyers16

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1716132165383.gif

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad