HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Habs have opportunity to select a 100 pts player potential at 5... but they go with a fantastic two-way D with amazing character. (the favorite word of Marc Bergevin).

Conservative mentality since 1993.

Thanks god that Slafkovsky progress like a superstar type of guy.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But the experts here told me that he would never come over from Philly because Putin would make him go to war or whatever? It's okay, they will still say he will be a big ol bust who stinks in the playoffs because of his size even though they already admitted they couldn't watch and evaluate him properly.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs have opportunity to select a 100 pts player potential at 5... but they go with a fantastic two-way D with amazing character. (the favorite word of Marc Bergevin).

Conservative mentality since 1993.

Thanks god that Slafkovsky progress like a superstar type of guy.
There's more probability that Michkov had a career ending injury than he, or really any player drafted becomes a 100 point forward.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
He's a defenseman. It's pretty standard to take 2 years. I expect him to be on the team at 20, like Guhle, after a year in the AHL.

There's no reason to rush Reinbacher since we have decent depth at that position anyway.

Plus, there is not incentive to activate his ELC, when he is still eligible to slide for another year. Seider and Edvinsson are examples of EU Dman who jumped in the NHL/AHL in their D+3 season.​

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There's more probability that Michkov had a career ending injury than he, or really any player drafted becomes a 100 point forward.
Eh I don't know about that, the guy is one of the most skilled and smartest prospects in recent times. While it's more likely that he doesn't become a 100 point forward, it would still be a terrible look for management to pass up on someone who can be a dynamic PPG forward. Not only did we pass up on him for a dman, but now we are pretty much avoiding all dmen for this year to draft a forward. Management better hope it doesn't work out with Michkov because it will look like a complete disaster otherwise.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Dude, come on. Reinbacher is a good young D. Stop ripping on a kid you obviously know nothing about.

I never said that Reinbacher his not a good young D-man. He is very very good.

But when Hughes said they want talent on forward group at this moment, the irony is that the talent of a Michkov available at 5 it's very rare.

Even Jeff Gorton in the room of 2023 said "No one in this room want to take this risk". But yeah, that's a really good risk, Michkov will play next year lol.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
What happened to the 3 year thing? Why do I get feeling passing on Michkov going to be colossal mistake?

There is a weird dynamic/beef between SKA/Rotenberg and Michkov. He was loaned to Sochi HC twice, instead of playing for the main club in the KHL. The rumor is that Michkov will be let out his contract and that his KHL rights will remain with SKA. There is also the possibility of a KHL reassignment clause should Michkov not make the NHL.​

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I will say that I'm not expecting Michkov to put up a ton of points given how Philly has like no good skilled forwards besides Konecny and Tippett.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He's a defenseman. It's pretty standard to take 2 years. I expect him to be on the team at 20, like Guhle, after a year in the AHL.

There's no reason to rush Reinbacher since we have decent depth at that position anyway.
If someone taught Matheson how to play D Habs would instantly turn into SC contenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad