Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] D Kurtis MacDermid signs extension with Devils (3 years, $1.15M AAV)

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Gotta laugh at Devils claiming he's "versatile" being able to play defense and forward. I bet he could play goal or water polo just as effectively as he plays D. lol
Yea, gotta laugh at the one guy who said that, and who later said "but not well."

These Devils are a wild bunch with some wild takes as long as you pretend they all think something they don't.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
This website has become Facebook & Reddit when it comes to commenting on Hockey News. This contract will not cripple the Devils in any real major way. The team brought in MacDermid to just protect our Star Players and fight other teams Tough Guys. He is also g

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sometimes I hate being a devils fan. We were one of the best teams in the league 2 years ago, and everyone decided we needed to get slower and tougher. How'd that work out?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sometimes I hate being a devils fan. We were one of the best teams in the league 2 years ago, and everyone decided we needed to get slower and tougher. How'd that work out?
Except, you didn't get tougher by any stretch last season. You got softer.

Reminds me of the Habs back when they were getting bullied by every team in the league...

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I could have sworn it was 3 years x 3.25 mill when I read it yesterday. Today my brain is working, and now this contract looks just fine.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Meh. overpaid by a few hundred thousand, not going to play much. This is a locker room signing, sounds like a glue guy for the room

this team needs some toughness, and while i would prefer signing players that can actually play for your team, this deal doesn't seem insanely awful. If and when he becomes a problem you send him to the minors. the extra years on the deal would help him clear if he was waived anyways.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
The isn’t a big deal signing. Can dress for 35 games a year to help settle things down and otherwise just be a locker room guy. Mcdermid doesn’t fit the mold of the way the devils should play, but hopefully he can help slow down other teams trying to take liberties in every single game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad